Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi All  (Read 763 times)

• Liked: 90
Hi All
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:37:54 AM »
Hello everyone! Pleased to meet you and to have found this board. There's so much useful information on here that I've read already, so thanks to you all for the time and effort you put in.

My wife and I have just started our visa journey. We got married a couple of weeks ago and she's looking to move here with me. She's originally from Texas, now living in NYC and I'm the UK citizen living in Norwich. Hopefully the day will soon come when we can spend money on our lives together, instead of keeping the airlines in business. She will probably join this forum as well at some point!

As you'd expect, we did the research, thought we'd got a handle on this visa-thing, but now it comes down to the practicalities of doing it, there are a whole load of questions we don't know the answer to! So I'll finish this post the way I started with it - with a thank you to you all for any and all help along the way.
Online application: 29 June
Biometrics: 5 July
Package sent to UKVI: 5 July
Package arrived: 7 July
UKVI opened and confirmed receipt: 11 July
Decision email from UKVI: 2 October (59 BDs)
Passport returned 4 October - Approved!
Flight to UK: 14 October
Happiness: 15 October

• Liked: 6110
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:16 AM »
Hello everyone! Pleased to meet you and to have found this board. There's so much useful information on here that I've read already, so thanks to you all for the time and effort you put in.

My wife and I have just started our visa journey. We got married a couple of weeks ago and she's looking to move here with me. She's originally from Texas, now living in NYC and I'm the UK citizen living in Norwich. Hopefully the day will soon come when we can spend money on our lives together, instead of keeping the airlines in business. She will probably join this forum as well at some point!

As you'd expect, we did the research, thought we'd got a handle on this visa-thing, but now it comes down to the practicalities of doing it, there are a whole load of questions we don't know the answer to! So I'll finish this post the way I started with it - with a thank you to you all for any and all help along the way.

Hi OrigamiRuss, welcome!  :)

Just fire away with all your questions when you're ready. We're all happy to help.  :)

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »

Thanks Larrabee! Much appreciated.

• Liked: 20
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »
Hi OrigamiRuss, welcome! 

The people on this site are quite knowledgable, so don't be shy in asking your questions.

Go Canaries!

• Liked: 60
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »
Hi Russ, welcome to the forums.  :D

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 04:03:11 PM »
Hi BlackAck and Brenzie, and thanks for the welcome.

I'm not really a Norwich City fan, but I can see the stadium from where I live, so I can hear if they score.

• Liked: 10
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 11:22:09 AM »
Hi Russ,

I just joined this forum and noticed your post. Interestingly enough I'm also living in Norwich and my girlfriend is living in NY (well just outside in the Hudson Valley)  8)

I think you're a bit ahead of us with the whole thing, we're not likely to start the process proper until early next year but good luck with everything, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your progress so that hopefully we can follow in your footsteps  ;)
Priority Spousal visa for my wife.
Married March 2018
Online Application submitted Feb 11 2019
Biometrics appointment Feb 20
Full package sent Feb 22
Received at NY hub Feb 25
Email from Sheffield to say they'd received application Feb 27
Email from Sheffield to say decision made March 18
Decision  - Approved :) Passport with Visa received March 19

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 09:34:35 AM »
Hello Oldpunk, pleased to meet you.  Nice to know there's someone else in the same position in Norwich. I can see a beer coming on!

Whereabouts in the Hudson Valley? Weve taken a few trips up into the area to explore a bit & go hiking. On one occasion we ended up in a Doctor Who themed restaurant in Beacon which was a bit bizarre.

• Liked: 10
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »
Hey,

To be more specific, Peekskill in the Hudson valley. Yeah there's so much wonderful hiking to be done around there. We're always off exploring, the countryside is so beautiful. It's only an hours trip into Grand Central by train too so there's a bit of everything in touching distance when I'm there. Thankfully Alicia absolutely loves Norwich so is happy to leave all that behind for my cheeky mug  ;)
We're often popping over to Beacon as there are some great art galleries and eateries there, I can't say I've ever noticed that Dr Who themed place you mentioned. I'll have to keep an eye open next time we're there.

Yes a future beer sounds great, be good to compare notes. It's nice to know there are others with the same journey ahead.

Rob
Priority Spousal visa for my wife.
Married March 2018
Online Application submitted Feb 11 2019
Biometrics appointment Feb 20
Full package sent Feb 22
Received at NY hub Feb 25
Email from Sheffield to say they'd received application Feb 27
Email from Sheffield to say decision made March 18
Decision  - Approved :) Passport with Visa received March 19

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »
Welcome to the group :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 04:31:20 PM »
Thanks xKissofDeath. Pleased to meet you (and aplologies for the tardy reply).

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
Ive not been to Peekskill, although I've been past it on the train, so I've got a rough idea of where you are!

There's a really interesting hike just up from there called Breakneck Ridge. Absolutely loved it, although it's a bid mad. Quite a lot of scrambling. At one point I remember wondering when it stops being a hike and starts being rock climbing with no rope.

Beacon is a great little town. Good modern art gallery. There was a fantastic little place doing good food and craft ales down by the river but it's closed now. Shame. We only cam across the Dr Who place after we stopped off in Beacon for dinner (wanting to go to the aforementioned restaurant) and saw somewhere serving goulash. Thought we'd give it a go. They had run out, which was a shame. The Dr Who stuff was interesting though. A thought it was all very odd and said she'd never have known what it was all about if I hadn't told her. Even with a massive Dalek on the wall and a Tardis for a restroom door. Clearly she's not been paying attention to my TV habits....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab