Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things I have actually done while waiting for my wife's visa to be processed  (Read 1460 times)

• Liked: 6110
Now you are ready to look up aubergine, rocket and coriander.

Haha, cute!   ;D

• Liked: 75
It's like we're all in some Wes Anderson movie, dark, quirky humor.

Also I initially lost weight and started going to the gym, and now I just don't care. Gained 10 lbs this past month! My days are spent checking my email, hanging out around this forum, checking my email, checking the visa checker, rinse and repeat. I also spend a lot of time not reading, not watching TV, and having overly emotional conversations with the husband.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

• Liked: 1260
8. Did storytime at library about a million times.

haha brilliant list! Care to elaborate on number 8? I just picture somebody sitting in a circle cross-legged with children while being read a children's book! hahaha

The worst part, I think, is dealing with the time difference. One weeknights, my husband would be asleep when i was in my prime and ready to talk and I'd be asleep while he was getting up and going about his day. It's okay to not be strong all the time :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 449
haha brilliant list! Care to elaborate on number 8? I just picture somebody sitting in a circle cross-legged with children while being read a children's book! hahaha

The worst part, I think, is dealing with the time difference. One weeknights, my husband would be asleep when i was in my prime and ready to talk and I'd be asleep while he was getting up and going about his day. It's okay to not be strong all the time :)

Hi - yes that's about right. I volunteer to read stories and do rhymetime at the library for preschool children and parents. Rhymetime was this morning. I sing 'happy and you know it' loud! It helps. Lol. My proudest moment was getting 'headhunted' for story time at the leisure centre a couple of months ago. 

Ugh yes time difference is tough! She works shifts and gets home from work between 1am and 4.30am my time. If it's the earlier shift I don't sleep until she's home and we've spoken, just can't. It was her last day at work yesterday as her lease is up on Friday. It's hard not being able to put your arms round each other on the tough days isn't it?
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

Hi - yes that's about right. I volunteer to read stories and do rhymetime at the library for preschool children and parents. Rhymetime was this morning. I sing 'happy and you know it' loud! It helps. Lol. My proudest moment was getting 'headhunted' for story time at the leisure centre a couple of months ago. 

Ugh yes time difference is tough! She works shifts and gets home from work between 1am and 4.30am my time. If it's the earlier shift I don't sleep until she's home and we've spoken, just can't. It was her last day at work yesterday as her lease is up on Friday. It's hard not being able to put your arms round each other on the tough days isn't it?

Hahah ohhh fair enough! I thought you were there listening as opposed to reading! That does like a cool way to spend your time though!

It's honestly the worst on tough days, yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 49
You seem so sweet! I told my husband yesterday, ive felt more productive with the things i like to do in the last few days. Very excited for you!

• Liked: 57
I'm fortunate that we just saw my husband for about three days last week when we closed on the house. But it wasn't a very nice visit because we spent most of it moving and or trying not to talk about the visa and how long we have left apart. We went to one of our favorite restaurants and didn't enjoy it. I looked at all the other people happily eating and catching up and got mad.

It's like when you're sick and you're watching people go on with their life--whether on social media or in TV shows, or whatever--and it's annoying.

And that's the only way he and I can explain it to other people.

But anyway, the library has been a place of refuge for my daughter and me. Least of all because it's the cheapest place in town to print documents!
Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017
Moved to the UK July 2017
FLR(M) approved June 2020

• Liked: 60
I feel your pain, Emily. At least you seem to be handling it ok (better than you think ;) )  We're all here to help distract you!

• Liked: 449
I'm fortunate that we just saw my husband for about three days last week when we closed on the house. But it wasn't a very nice visit because we spent most of it moving and or trying not to talk about the visa and how long we have left apart. We went to one of our favorite restaurants and didn't enjoy it. I looked at all the other people happily eating and catching up and got mad.

It's like when you're sick and you're watching people go on with their life--whether on social media or in TV shows, or whatever--and it's annoying.

And that's the only way he and I can explain it to other people.

But anyway, the library has been a place of refuge for my daughter and me. Least of all because it's the cheapest place in town to print documents!

Oh yes can relate to the meal thing. We've mainly had two weeks together every few months mostly me there as my work is more portable. At the end of visits we'd go to Bonefish Grill and it was always bittersweet - parting is such sweet sorrow - and a huge pain in the... One time we dragged ourselves over there to make most of last evening together, there was a storm, power cut, restaurant closed. We went home and sulked into our takeaway (take out).
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

Oh yes can relate to the meal thing. We've mainly had two weeks together every few months mostly me there as my work is more portable. At the end of visits we'd go to Bonefish Grill and it was always bittersweet - parting is such sweet sorrow - and a huge pain in the... One time we dragged ourselves over there to make most of last evening together, there was a storm, power cut, restaurant closed. We went home and sulked into our takeaway (take out).

I missed my flight once as I thought I had more time to go through the gate but spent a bit too much time crying on my (then-boyfriend's now-husband's) shoulder and ended up missing my flight....that was a costly emotionally driven screw-up :(
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 111
I missed my flight once as I thought I had more time to go through the gate but spent a bit too much time crying on my (then-boyfriend's now-husband's) shoulder and ended up missing my flight....that was a costly emotionally driven screw-up :(

Goodness, that takes me back. My then boyfriend now husband missed his PAN AM flight (yes, that long ago) back to England because I was a blubbering mess and I just didn't want him to leave. That was around 24 years ago. We've been married for 21 years. Back when we were with young children in 1997-2002, we saw each other 70 days a year. We used to have very emotional goodbye's at Manchester Ringway Airport and I felt so lost.

This past year (21 years of marriage later lol), the husband's job took away from home for six weeks. He hates seafood and every day we ate seafood without abandon; I slept so soundly in our bed because he wasn't trashing around and snoring; I watched all the tv shows and movies he dislikes; I could freely speak Spanish without having to translate and I drank way too much wine without his judgement and was a total slob. I can only imagine what he did. Lol

But I'll admit that it was only fun because I knew it was temporary. This distance (we will undertake it ourselves again in a few years) seems slow but you'll look back on it fondly in years to come. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 97
Its been weird being here finally and know I don't have to leave. I used to come over every other weekend(I was living in Ireland so it was "easier") but sometimes on Sunday nights  get a pit in my stomach that I am going to have to leave again.

but Monday comes and I go to my job and he text me mid day asking whats for dinner and I realise how lucky we are. I truly believe people who haven't done long distance have no idea how beautiful the little things are, dinner at home, watching your favourite tv shows planning for the next day rather than next visit.

Hope you all get this soon. In the meantime please vent away!
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 65
coriander = cilantro !!
 :o

When my husband told me this, I didn't believe him, because coriander is the seed of the cilantro plant. We "argued" for the next 10 minutes lol

• Liked: 37
When my husband told me this, I didn't believe him, because coriander is the seed of the cilantro plant. We "argued" for the next 10 minutes lol

I couldn't believe that I've been eating coriander in Tex-Mex food for decades now!

haha I always got confused too and didn't necessarily believe it either when I first found out it was the same...but a quick sniff of the plant makes it quite clear! LOL
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab