Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bridal bouquet/UK customs question  (Read 641 times)

• Liked: 87
Bridal bouquet/UK customs question
« on: June 28, 2017, 01:00:07 AM »
Hey all,
I'm leaving for the UK in 3 weeks, getting married in October. I made my bridal bouquet out of sola flowers and I'm a little concerned about possible customs problems. I'm not worried so much about the flowers in general, but that the eucalyptus I've used as a filler might cause an issue.

Nothing in the bouquet is "alive" and it was all purchased from craft suppliers. I was just wondering if anyone has brought anything similar over or knows more specifics. I've looked into prohibited items but they're pretty general.

• Liked: 768
Re: Bridal bouquet/UK customs question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
You need to contact the APHA for guidance. Some plants (regardless of them being alive or dried) are restricted and/or banned.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/animal-and-plant-health-agency

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:54:27 PM »
You need to contact the APHA for guidance. Some plants (regardless of them being alive or dried) are restricted and/or banned.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/animal-and-plant-health-agency

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. I had birch in there as well and that is a prohibited wood, so I just decided to take it apart and make it with UK materials when I arrive.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 07:32:27 PM »
In case anyone is reading this thread and curious...I emailed the APHA and asked them specifically about the sola wood flowers and the eucalyptus and this is the response I received:

Hello Kaitlyn,

I can confirm that there would be no plant health restrictions against importing the products mentioned in your email below into the UK. We don’t restrict the import of dried plant materials as there is much less risk that they could transport harmful plant pests and diseases into the country.

Best Regards,
Paul

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab