Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Gathering documents!  (Read 428 times)

• Liked: 957
Gathering documents!
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:48:34 PM »
Time for me to start my own thread for the spousal settlement visa. My husband is working on his part of the paper gathering and I'll be starting the online app tonight.

My current question is for appendix 2. The link on the government website now specifies it is for North Korea only. So do you save appendix 2 from the online application and send it to your spouse? My searches only brought up the form that says it's for NK only now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: Gathering documents!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
Time for me to start my own thread for the spousal settlement visa. My husband is working on his part of the paper gathering and I'll be starting the online app tonight.

Cool :). Just don't submit the online application until you have all your documents in your hands and are completely ready to mail everything to Sheffield :).

My current question is for appendix 2. The link on the government website now specifies it is for North Korea only. So do you save appendix 2 from the online application and send it to your spouse? My searches only brought up the form that says it's for NK only now.

I saw that too (about it just being for North Korea), however, as far as I know, Appendix 2 is still NOT part of the online application form and Sheffield are still contacting people to ask for it to be sent if they haven't included it.

So, until we know otherwise, I would print the paper form and complete it by hand.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:34:19 PM »
Oh yes, I'm not submitting anything until all docs are in my hands and double-checked :)

Thanks for that clarification! I will direct him back to that link.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:40:32 PM »
Thanks for that clarification! I will direct him back to that link.

You're the US applicant, right? In which case, you should be printing and filling out Appendix 2 yourself... because it's YOUR application form.

He can give you his employment/financial details, but you are the one who fills it out in the US, not him.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 06:43:44 PM »
You're the US applicant, right? In which case, you should be printing and filling out Appendix 2 yourself... because it's YOUR application form.

He can give you his employment/financial details, but you are the one who fills it out in the US, not him.
Ah I was confused, I thought that he completed the financial data on there. I will look at it tonight!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
Ah I was confused, I thought that he completed the financial data on there. I will look at it tonight!

You need to print off Appendix 2 yourself and hand fill it out. Luckily it's a relatively short form. Remember to set the file to print the whole page as it's formatted for A4 paper not US letter, you'll lose parts of the pages otherwise. ☺
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 06:53:13 PM »

Despite the title of the form, it's not just a financial details form... it is the actual spousal visa application, where you detail exactly how you meet each requirement of the visa.

The online application is just a generic form asking for your personal details... it's pretty much the same for every single visa type.

Appendix 2 is what makes it a spousal visa application:
Part 1 is about your relationship with your UK sponsor... how you met, how you keep in touch, how long you've been together, when you got married, if you've lived together before etc.
Part 2 is about where you will live in the UK
Part 3 is about which financial requirement category you are applying under
Part 4 is for people who are exempt from meeting the financial requirement
Part 5 is for Additional Information

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 09:51:47 PM »
Despite the title of the form, it's not just a financial details form... it is the actual spousal visa application, where you detail exactly how you meet each requirement of the visa.

The online application is just a generic form asking for your personal details... it's pretty much the same for every single visa type.

Appendix 2 is what makes it a spousal visa application:
Part 1 is about your relationship with your UK sponsor... how you met, how you keep in touch, how long you've been together, when you got married, if you've lived together before etc.
Part 2 is about where you will live in the UK
Part 3 is about which financial requirement category you are applying under
Part 4 is for people who are exempt from meeting the financial requirement
Part 5 is for Additional Information
Yep now that I printed it, I see that! I had looked last year but my memory is a sieve for things that aren't immediately important. I'm sure I will be back with more questions later in the week, and will let you know if this is included online yet!

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 10:06:28 PM »
I'm sure I will be back with more questions later in the week, and will let you know if this is included online yet!

Well, it was supposed to have been put online 5 years ago, but it hasn't appeared as of yet :P.

Also, they've been saying that the form is for North Korean applicants only for at least the last couple of years, yet everyone still has to print it off, regardless - as far as I can see, the only thing that has changed in the last few weeks is the name of the link to the paper form.

• Liked: 90
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 10:08:59 PM »
Good luck with your documentation and visa application Margo!  Looks like we're both at about the same point.
Online application: 29 June
Biometrics: 5 July
Package sent to UKVI: 5 July
Package arrived: 7 July
UKVI opened and confirmed receipt: 11 July
Decision email from UKVI: 2 October (59 BDs)
Passport returned 4 October - Approved!
Flight to UK: 14 October
Happiness: 15 October

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »
Ok .. Checklist time for the things my husband is mailing me:

• Certified passport photo page copy
  • Letter from employer stating terms of employment (salaried, permanent, length of employment and annual salary)
  • 6 months of verified payslips printed by HR
  • 6 months of bank statements, and the current transactions stamped by the bank (his next statement isn't til the 11th, last paycheck was on 27th June)
  • Letter from landlord giving permission to live in his 1-bedroom flat (occupied only by him)
  • The original lease agreement showing him as the only occupant
  • Sponsor letter detailing the items he is including, how we meet the financial & living arrangements and how we met

I am preparing the selection of google hangouts chat & call logs covering the span of the past 4 years, completing appendix 2, printing 2 photos of us (from early in the relationship & wedding), enclosing marriage certificate & my passports, completing & eventually submitting/printing the application once i have his docs in hand.

I had a speeding ticket that was reduced to a parking ticket somewhere around 2007, do I need to include any documentation on that?

Is there anything I'm missing?

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 03:15:25 PM »
Just adding a reply to bump this up - I didn't want to start a new thread but maybe I should have :) Thanks!

Sponsored Links