Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Husband working remotely in the UK ?  (Read 233 times)

• Liked: 28
Husband working remotely in the UK ?
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:06:36 PM »
So, we will know tomorrow if my husbands visa is approved when it arrives. (Spouse settlement visa)

In the meantime, my husband is a web developer and has a job here in the US, our flight leaves on sunday for the UK.

His job has offered for him to keep his job, and work from England as the support rep for Europe. (I think they have other employees in the UK too)

Is this ok? that his employer is in the US? is there anything special/ any different requirements needed? To prove employment? etc.

Just trying to get ahead of the game , to make sure we have all the paper work we need when we arrive in the UK.

Any advice appreciated. :)
USA - UK

Initial Spouse visa approved 1st July 2017
Arrived in UK 3rd July 2017

Next visa approved 28th January 2020

ILR (5 year route) applied 9th June 2022 (Super priority)
Biometrics booked 6th July 2022

• Liked: 4985
Re: Husband working remotely in the UK ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »
Everything has to be done differently.  Have him visit the tax board on here, he'll find lots about this.

But basically he needs to set himself up as a self-employed person in the UK (bit more to it) and then bill his US employer.  He will be a resident of the UK, so he'll pay tax and national insurance here.  He'll then get a credit on US taxes for the tax paid here (which will be more than his US tax bill so won't owe any income tax to the US).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab