Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Timeline Questions for Spouse Visa App  (Read 494 times)

• Liked: 8
Timeline Questions for Spouse Visa App
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »
Hello!

My fiance and I are finally making the big move! I am a US Citizen moving to the UK, (he is a British Citizen) and I had a few questions on the timeline of things.

We are getting Married on July 18, 2017 and applying for a Spouse Settlement Visa.

We are looking to send off our application July 19, or the 20 and we will be doing the expedited process.

If we are looking to send of the application by then what date should we submit the online application? Do we get control of when we book our biometrics appointment or is it just given to us?

Then I just want to check, after you submit your online application how long do you have between that and the biometrics appointment? And I know between the biometrics appointment we have 5 days to send everything via mail so to have all our documentation ready!

Would appreciate all advisement! We have been waiting 4 years for this and want to get it right!

• Liked: 957
Re: Timeline Questions for Spouse Visa App
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:24:09 AM »

We are looking to send off our application July 19, or the 20 and we will be doing the expedited process.

If we are looking to send of the application by then what date should we submit the online application? Do we get control of when we book our biometrics appointment or is it just given to us?

Then I just want to check, after you submit your online application how long do you have between that and the biometrics appointment? And I know between the biometrics appointment we have 5 days to send everything via mail so to have all our documentation ready!

You have to wait until after you are married to submit the application, so submitting the application on July 19/20 is just fine if you are married on the 18th.  Just have *all* of your documentation dated within 28 days of your application date and in your hands before you submit the application.

Normally biometrics are a few days in the future, but many members have gone to the center to see if they can be done early and have been  successful with a walk-in appointment. And then you have 5 days to put the package in the mail to Sheffield using VFS Global.

Just so you have a reasonable expectation of time to receive the visa, priority processing slows down over summer, right now it's sitting around an average of 30-35 business days (so 6-7 weeks), and while we could all get lucky and have it speed up a bit, I would prepare for 6-8 weeks minimum right now.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

• Liked: 325
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:17:23 AM »
Quote from: margo link=topic=90967.msg1181236#msg1181236 date

Normally biometrics are a few days in the future, but many members have gone to the center to see if they can be done early and have been  successful with a walk-in appointment. And then you have 5 days to put the package in the mail to Sheffield using VFS Global

I'm one who walked in 4 days before my appointment.  I had all my documents ready to go, so as we left I added the stamped biometrics letter and went straight from there to the UPS store and immediately sent out the package.  The woman that allowed my biometrics to be taken early told me it really wouldn't speed anything up.  All I could think, well it speeds it up by 4 days, doesn't it? 

• Liked: 403
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 10:06:28 AM »
I'm one who walked in 4 days before my appointment.  I had all my documents ready to go, so as we left I added the stamped biometrics letter and went straight from there to the UPS store and immediately sent out the package.  The woman that allowed my biometrics to be taken early told me it really wouldn't speed anything up.  All I could think, well it speeds it up by 4 days, doesn't it?

Sounds like you got the only single piece of accurate advice or information ever from UK immigration and any of its agents or partners.
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

Sponsored Links