Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ilr new rules  (Read 1652 times)

• Liked: 82
Ilr new rules
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:22:59 PM »
Who is the first one of us applying for it on the new rules. I've still got a year and a month (and a bit) and just wondering who's first, and if they are going priority or standard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: Ilr new rules
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:32:15 PM »
I think KFdancer is first and she'll be doing the in person appointment.  :)

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:34:41 PM »
Oh our resident genius first. Then she can help all of us!! I'm doing priority as well, but just wanted to know what or entails. 5 years 1st September 2018
 and applying as soon as I can in person 😊

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »
I'm really glad she's going first, she'll be a fine guinea pig!  ;D

We're not until next February/March but I've had a read through of the form and it's really similar to the one for FLR which will make life easier.

I'm leaning towards the in person appointment too for this one. We did the postal application for FLR and I was happy enough with that but now, I really just want it all to be done with!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 11:50:02 PM »
Couldn't ask for a better Guinea pig. I think it was 3 weeks postal for us for flr, but postal Ilr is 6 months accessing to the gov website. Not waiting that long. Plus, I want my citizenship done before Brexit is a done deal so hopefully, ilr apply 6th of August ish, then holiday to celebrate September, then apply for citizenship mid/end September.  Fingers crossed that doesn't take 6 months.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 11:59:13 PM »
You should go ahead and get your Life in the UK test out of the way now.
You don't want that to hold you up!  :)

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 12:00:40 AM »
You should go ahead and get your Life in the UK test out of the way now.
You don't want that to hold you up!  :)
Yep have the book, finally through the boring history bit. As soon as hubby is done with treatment and I'm back in work I'm booking it
😊

• Liked: 223
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 08:02:40 AM »
Couldn't ask for a better Guinea pig. I think it was 3 weeks postal for us for flr, but postal Ilr is 6 months accessing to the gov website. Not waiting that long. Plus, I want my citizenship done before Brexit is a done deal so hopefully, ilr apply 6th of August ish, then holiday to celebrate September, then apply for citizenship mid/end September.  Fingers crossed that doesn't take 6 months.

I hope it all goes quickly for you, but keep in mind the stuff they're making EU citizens apply for/register for.

I'm not sure if that would delay non-EU citizen applications, but I'm guessing they would at least need to reallocate some case workers. Plus, there may be more EU citizens choosing to apply for UK citizenship, but there's really no way of knowing how that will affect processing time.

Just something to keep in mind in case the wait is longer than you plan on.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 08:14:13 AM »
I hope it all goes quickly for you, but keep in mind the stuff they're making EU citizens apply for/register for.

I'm not sure if that would delay non-EU citizen applications, but I'm guessing they would at least need to reallocate some case workers. Plus, there may be more EU citizens choosing to apply for UK citizenship, but there's really no way of knowing how that will affect processing time.

Just something to keep in mind in case the wait is longer than you plan on.
Totally understand. Hoping it doesn't go much longer than 6 months for citizenship, but I'll be doing the checking service so at least I'll get to keep my documents. And obviously will be looking very closely at processing times closer to the time. Hopefully, all the EU applications will be after Brexit or  within thenext year so it won't affect me.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »
Hi we are down for this delight this year too so waiting for updates from people with eager anticipation

We did the FLR in person and intend to do the same with ILR - chaff at the cost but nice to get it done & dusted

I'm struggling to find details of the timescales for the Life in the UK test of when you can sit it etc ? Is there a validity period in relation to your ILR application once you've sat the test!

My partners a retired history teacher & when we did a dummy run the other week he scored more than I did and knew more about the UK that I seemed too! Doh

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 08:37:07 AM »
Hi we are down for this delight this year too so waiting for updates from people with eager anticipation

We did the FLR in person and intend to do the same with ILR - chaff at the cost but nice to get it done & dusted

I'm struggling to find details of the timescales for the Life in the UK test of when you can sit it etc ? Is there a validity period in relation to your ILR application once you've sat the test!

My partners a retired history teacher & when we did a dummy run the other week he scored more than I did and knew more about the UK that I seemed too! Doh
The life in the UK test doesn't have an expiry date. Theoretically, you can take it as soon as you first move over, you just can't lose the certificate/results

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 08:41:25 AM »

As mentioned, it never expires, so you can take it whenever you like :).

However, if you lose the pass certificate, it can't be replaced, so you'll have to take it again. So, just make sure you keep it safe for both your ILR and UK citizenship applications (if you will be applying for citizenship).

• Liked: 223
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 08:43:36 AM »

You're struggling to find a validity period because there isn't a validity period. ;)

I took my Life in the UK test about two months after I got FLR and used it years later for ILR and UK citizenship. It never expires, so get it over and done with sooner rather than later. It's never going to easier or cheaper so I see no benefit in waiting.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 09:34:10 AM »
Who is the first one of us applying for it on the new rules. I've still got a year and a month (and a bit) and just wondering who's first, and if they are going priority or standard

Yup, I'll be one of the first.  Can apply from September 18.  Hoping to get an appointment on Saturday the 23rd so my husband doesn't have to take off work, but may just make him take the day off on the Monday.  I'm impatient!

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »
Yup, I'll be one of the first.  Can apply from September 18.  Hoping to get an appointment on Saturday the 23rd so my husband doesn't have to take off work, but may just make him take the day off on the Monday.  I'm impatient!
And just to confirm that's before you are here 5 years right, in the 28 days before.  If I hear one more time on Facebook you have to wait until 5 years exactly for in person I'm going to scream.

Sponsored Links