Sponsored Links

Topic: NHS  (Read 2308 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: NHS
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »
But what if you guys split up?

The romantic doesn't believe in true love?!?   :D

Let's pretend death instead.   ;D

I know I'm done as I have high risk pregnancies and I'm not going to jeopardise my existing children's lives to have another biological child.  I'll never shut the door on adoption.

My husband will still have soldiers.  The procedure could be reversed if he met a young, willing participant.  And they can always go in and extract one of those men out.   ;)  Though it's safe to say he is WAY more done with babies than I am (if that's even possible).

My vent wasn't about should he or shouldn't he.  If either of us were waivering at all, he wouldn't be doing it.  I just don't get the logic behind the NHS not funding it!

• Liked: 111
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 03:28:25 PM »
When I was 29 and my husband was 30, we made the decision that our family was complete. We also decided that since I had to carry the kids and also had c-sections, he would have the vasectomy. At that time, we still lived in Reading and the rules at the time were that we both had to reach the age of 30 before they would grant our request. I discovered I was pregnant for a third time two days before I turned 30. As soon as I gave birth and had another c-section, we both made sure to get the husband an appointment for the vasectomy. At this point, we lived in Bolton and their NHS Trust had no such restrictions on age. Hmmm. Obviously, I've not regretted my now 16-year-old daughter for a single second and maybe she was meant to be here.

By the way, the husband was on the operating table for a grand total of SEVEN MINUTES! Dear Ole Mr KFDancer will be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
NHS
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
Being serious now, I guess that's why we accepted the doctor's suggestion that circumstances could change.  Maybe I could end up wanting to start a family again, even though that seems incredibly unlikely now.  Maybe I'm even a little proud of my wife for considering that (no slight intended, I'm not criticising anyone's choices)

There must be some reason the NHS doesn't want to do them.  Is it because half the people eventually want a reversal and that's really hard?  I genuinely don't know but there must be some reason.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:08:28 PM by jimbocz »

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
Here's what the NHS says:

"You shouldn't make the decision about having a vasectomy after a crisis or a big change in your life – for example, if your partner has just had a baby, or has just terminated a pregnancy."

But it looks like pure short term money saving if you believe the Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3327285/Could-vasectomies-NHS-given-snip-GPs-told-advise-patients-wear-condoms-private-procedure-latest-budget-squeeze.html

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 04:21:54 PM »
Here's what the NHS says:

"You shouldn't make the decision about having a vasectomy after a crisis or a big change in your life – for example, if your partner has just had a baby, or has just terminated a pregnancy."

But it looks like pure short term money saving if you believe the Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3327285/Could-vasectomies-NHS-given-snip-GPs-told-advise-patients-wear-condoms-private-procedure-latest-budget-squeeze.html

Geeez, cutting hearing aids?  That's really harsh!

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 04:47:58 PM »
Huh? Did you say something?

• Liked: 424
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »
Ok, officially....I'm crossing my legs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 08:30:48 PM »
I've been trying to convince hubby that after we have baby #1 (hopefully starting to try end of this year) that he should have one. We already have a six, almost seven year old from his prior relationship that lives with us full time. He won't even hear of the snip, and now that it costs money no way will he! I'm just tired of taking birth control I can't seem to find one that truly suits me plus it's a pain to take

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 09:23:12 PM »
I've been trying to convince hubby that after we have baby #1 (hopefully starting to try end of this year) that he should have one. We already have a six, almost seven year old from his prior relationship that lives with us full time. He won't even hear of the snip, and now that it costs money no way will he! I'm just tired of taking birth control I can't seem to find one that truly suits me plus it's a pain to take

My grandmother and aunt both had breast cancer.  They tested negative for the gene and it's believed both were derived from years of hormones.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
Many years my cousin had a baby followed by fraternal twins while using an IUD and being on the pill so hubby then had a vasectomy. Almost 10 years later she found she was pregnant again. Hubby went in for tests and had a full sperm count. Accordingly to  some sources this natural reversal (canalizations) happens in 1 in 4000 cases!

http://www.vasectomy-information.com/can-a-vasectomy-reverse-itself/

Harvard Medical School reports that recanalization occurs in approximately 1 in 4000 vasectomies. This figure will vary from source to source, but the bottom line is that recanalization is a very uncommon event.

She had another pair of fraternal twins at age 42.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »
Many years my cousin had a baby followed by fraternal twins while using an IUD and being on the pill so hubby then had a vasectomy. Almost 10 years later she found she was pregnant again. Hubby went in for tests and had a full sperm count. Accordingly to  some sources this natural reversal (canalizations) happens in 1 in 4000 cases!

http://www.vasectomy-information.com/can-a-vasectomy-reverse-itself/

She had another pair of fraternal twins at age 42.

:o

I've heard of that happening and also heard it can cause big problems in a marriage (as cheating is often suspected until testing complete.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »
:o

I've heard of that happening and also heard it can cause big problems in a marriage (as cheating is often suspected until testing complete.

Fortunately they had been very happily married for over 20 years so cheating seemed almost as unlikely as what actually happened.  :)
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 342
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 05:48:51 PM »
My husband had his GP appointment for a referral for a vasectomy this morning.  No longer offered on the NHS and will be £400.

Worth every penny. ;D It's a myth that the NHS pays for everything.

When my husband had the snip years ago, the NHS waiting list was long and we decided to go private anyway.

Not to mention how much a pregnancy and cradle to grave care would be for another child!

That idea ended about 25 years ago. It was based on virtually everyone working (no in-work benefits, in fact hardly any benefits even if you didn't work) and all paying their 40 plus years of taxes to the UK, so that you had healthcare in your old age.

We have been using private insurance for most things for at least 20 years and for the children too and I was raised on the cradle to grave/pay all your working taxes to the UK and "Kathy Come Home" (didn't work and had her children taken into care) showed to teenagers in schools.

But I imagine a lot of people don't have the means and this kind of procedure could SAVE the NHS money.

Two bricks? Hey, perhaps we could set that up as a service for £10?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:57:01 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »

Two bricks? Hey, perhaps we could set that up as a service for £10?

Oh that's bad!

We did some further research last night and discovered the "no scalpel" option used in China and the US is available locally for £380 (so no more expensive and enough for Nando's afterwards).  My husband needs to look at the two options a bit more carefully.

And for the men, he said he 100% is sure and feels good about the choice.   :)  I reiterated that he's allowed to change his mind.  His body, his choice and all!

• Liked: 342
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »
Oh that's bad!

It's that old 2 brick castration joke -
"Does it hurt?"
"Only if you get your fingers caught between the bricks"
 ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab