Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chopped my hair off...  (Read 6275 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Chopped my hair off...
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2017, 05:59:12 PM »
Same, on both! I don't really get duckface...

Back when it was 'kissing' at the camera it was cute... that was what really early 00's and earlier? But this serious duck face is just. Yuck.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 253
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2017, 06:43:18 PM »
I can't find that picture anywhere, but I did find that Scotty's middle finger was shot off.

Really? Never knew that. Though I grew up with Trekked, I never actually went onto that side of sci-fi lol. I believe I've seen four episodes XD
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2017, 06:59:15 PM »
I can only imagine. My nieces and nephew are still young enough where we are trying to keep up the pretence of being "adults". I think when they all get a bit older that will go straight out the window  ::)

My nephew is going into 5th grade and he uses "thats what she said jokes" with 99% accuracy and definitely knows about flipping the bird etc.... cherish the innocence while you can LOL
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:19:37 PM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »
Back when it was 'kissing' at the camera it was cute... that was what really early 00's and earlier? But this serious duck face is just. Yuck.

haha i genuinely don't even think I did even the kissy faces!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2017, 07:19:06 PM »
My nephew nephew is going into 5th grade and he uses "thats what she said jokes" with 99% accuracy and definitely knows about flipping the bird etc.... cherish the innocence while you can LOL

Well my niece Maddie (5) has the sass. She tells me all the time how to do stuff "the right way". Like how I can't possibly eat pasta in a bowl. And I always say "watch me".

The others are too small. Maddie's sister just turned 2, and they have another sibling expected next year. And my sister's son is 2 as well. I expect when they all get closer to 5-7 that there will be much more sass and sarcasm.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
Well my niece Maddie (5) has the sass. She tells me all the time how to do stuff "the right way". Like how I can't possibly eat pasta in a bowl. And I always say "watch me".

The others are too small. Maddie's sister just turned 2, and they have another sibling expected next year. And my sister's son is 2 as well. I expect when they all get closer to 5-7 that there will be much more sass and sarcasm.

Oh god yeah...my neice (his sister and my god child) is allll sass....we call her the evil genius. She's the one you really have to watch out for haha

She likes to text me and say "Hi this is Marci (my sister's name) not Quinn (her name) ....." followed by usually something about wanting some cake. Or some GIF of a weird cat. She's literally better at spelling than half the adults i have on Facebook as well too, I swear lol
My, how time flies....

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2017, 03:44:25 AM »
Oh god yeah...my neice (his sister and my god child) is allll sass....we call her the evil genius. She's the one you really have to watch out for haha

She likes to text me and say "Hi this is Marci (my sister's name) not Quinn (her name) ....." followed by usually something about wanting some cake. Or some GIF of a weird cat. She's literally better at spelling than half the adults i have on Facebook as well too, I swear lol

Maddie knows all the correct names for the dinosaurs and different traits about each. My brother had to scrape a claw off the T-Rex on her birthday because she was crying because it had one extra finger- meaning she didn't get her T-Rex.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2017, 07:42:07 AM »
I'm in my mid-50's, so a different generation to most of you... but I just don't 'get' the selfies thing!  I see them on FB all the time, and they just make me cringe!  Especially the duck-faced pout, and the full body ones where they're in a mirror and you can see them holding the phone.  I guess I'm not really a 'look at me!' type, so taking a photo so the world can see 'how good I look' just wouldn't cross my mind.

One of my work colleagues posts at least 3 selfies on FB a day, and it's just so embarrassing because she is not cute or attractive AT ALL, and it's just these disturbing photos of her big horse teeth and crazy eyes and birds nest hair.

Oh my gosh, I shouldn't laugh at this but it just had me rolling in laughter. That's so funny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »
Maddie knows all the correct names for the dinosaurs and different traits about each. My brother had to scrape a claw off the T-Rex on her birthday because she was crying because it had one extra finger- meaning she didn't get her T-Rex.

haha oh mann! at least it was one EXTRA finger so you could scrape off as opposed to one less finger!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2017, 02:34:33 PM »
haha oh mann! at least it was one EXTRA finger so you could scrape off as opposed to one less finger!

You don't even know! My perpetual fear is now that I will accidentally buy a kids shirt with a less than accurate representation on it! I'm constantly seeing Primark stuff that looks like she'd like it and frantically googling palentology references to validate the images accuracy.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2017, 06:43:55 PM »
You don't even know! My perpetual fear is now that I will accidentally buy a kids shirt with a less than accurate representation on it! I'm constantly seeing Primark stuff that looks like she'd like it and frantically googling palentology references to validate the images accuracy.

I shouldn't laugh, but that sounds like something out of a tv or movie! And it's really funny!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2017, 08:00:38 PM »
I shouldn't laugh, but that sounds like something out of a tv or movie! And it's really funny!

No, it's completely fine. My family is full of weird "TV/Movie moments".

My dad's favourite is we went to New England Patriot's games when I was little. Maybe Maddie's age. One time, we were sitting next to these big middle aged men who were completely out of their minds drunk.

And one of the guys next to us spilled his beer on me and was cursing.

So I turned to him, got his attention, and said: "What would your mother think if she saw you right now?"

And my dad broke out laughing.

Now two decades later, he won't shut up about it. It was literally the first story he told my husband when they met. As if to say "hey, you're marrying this..."

Sponsored Links