Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Permanent PRIORITY SPOUSE VISA timeline, questions and log.  (Read 207083 times)

• Liked: 261
Re: Permanent PRIORITY SPOUSE VISA timeline, questions and log.
« Reply #3450 on: September 21, 2017, 01:49:17 AM »
Is your husband in the U.K. already? I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. He started his new job the first of July. I appreciate what you're saying, but after two full days of people giving me complete BS vague non-answers, I'm not up for silver linings. Governments are always slow, but the lack of transparent communication here is mind-boggling. 
Applied online: 22 June, 2017
Biometrics and Docs mailed: 23 June, 2017
Arrived in Sheffield (via UPS): 26 June, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 11 July, 2017
"not straightforward" Email: 2 August, 2017
Unsolicited additional documents: 14 August, 2017
Decision made: 25 September, then revoked
Second Decision: 25 October, 2017
Docs returned: 30 October, 2017
Flight to UK: 2 November, 2017

• Liked: 36
« Reply #3451 on: September 21, 2017, 01:50:49 AM »
What docs were you missing that they asked for? They received my application on 7/20 (the week after yours).  I'm still waiting also.  Really worried they will ask for more info.  My husband and daughter have been in Scotland since Aug 10 and it's been very hard for them without me.  Hoping it will be this week!

« Reply #3452 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:53 AM »
What docs were you missing that they asked for? They received my application on 7/20 (the week after yours).  I'm still waiting also.  Really worried they will ask for more info.  My husband and daughter have been in Scotland since Aug 10 and it's been very hard for them without me.  Hoping it will be this week!

They didn't ask, actually. I got the "not straightforward" email on 2 August and panicked. Did some internet investigating and was able to find an internal email for UKVI and sent them a note asking if I could submit additional docs. We'd submitted my original application without all of the proper financial proofs (bank statements and cash savings, mainly). They responded the same day and said I could submit whatever else I wished to add-so I sent everything the experts here had told me I was missing and few extra things as well. They confirmed receipt of the docs through my MP, and otherwise we haven't heard a peep.

From what I've seen here, a lot of folks get requests for additional docs without getting the 'not straightforward' email...so if you've heard nothing at all, you're probably good to go and in the stated timeframe.

• Liked: 75
« Reply #3453 on: September 21, 2017, 02:04:09 AM »
Thank you!

On the topic of mail: Did you buy a nice heavy envelope at UPS to put everything in? Padded? What did you include for return packaging?

Sorry for my sudden flurry of questions! It's all coming together!

VFS tells you what package to get form UPS. You don't have to pay for packaging because you pay for Courier service. You get the Express Pak or Express Pad Pak. I basically showed UPS the email from VFS and they knew what to do. I got my tracking number and my items made it to Sheffield in 2 days. I think it was worth it just to go through VFS/UPS.
Met: 2003
Started Relationship: December 2014
Married: July 2017
Visa Application: 9/9/17
Biometrics: 9/12/17
Application mailed: 9/13/17
Received by UKVI: 9/15/17
Decision email: 10/4/17
Decision: APPROVED!!! Rec’d documents 10/9/17

• Liked: 16
« Reply #3454 on: September 21, 2017, 02:06:06 AM »
Thank you!!
Met: March 2014
Married: May 9, 2016
Submitted application online: September 20, 2017
Biometrics: September 21, 2017
Package sent via UPS: September 21, 2017
Email from Sheffield (online application received): 9/22/2017
UPS tracking says package received in Sheffield: 9/25/2017
Decision email from UKVI: 10/1/2017
Visa approved!

• Liked: 51
« Reply #3455 on: September 21, 2017, 02:12:04 AM »
Thank you!

On the topic of mail: Did you buy a nice heavy envelope at UPS to put everything in? Padded? What did you include for return packaging?

Sorry for my sudden flurry of questions! It's all coming together!

I purchased a flexible but slightly padded envelope from FedEx actually, and they gave me a stick-on clear sleeve to use at the same time. So I put my envelope folded up in the visa application package, with the sticky sleeve already attached and the printed out return label inserted and sealed. So there's NO WAY they could mess it up (she hopes desperately) :p
Married: 06/2017
Online App (priority): Aug 7
Biometrics: Aug 9
Docs sent to Sheffield: Aug 9
Confirmation from Sheffield: Aug 12
Email saying decision made: Sep 21!
Documents returned: /
Result?!: /

« Reply #3456 on: September 21, 2017, 02:14:08 AM »
I purchased a flexible but slightly padded envelope from FedEx actually, and they gave me a stick-on clear sleeve to use at the same time. So I put my envelope folded up in the visa application package, with the sticky sleeve already attached and the printed out return label inserted and sealed. So there's NO WAY they could mess it up (she hopes desperately) :p

Exactly what you're supposed to do!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #3457 on: September 21, 2017, 04:47:34 AM »

I can confirm that we received Mrs --s further supporting documentation on 16 August, her application has been placed into the queue for further consideration and assessment by the ECO and, at this stage, it is not possible to provide a timescale for concluding Mrs --s application.

Please assure Mrs -- that every effort is being made to deal with her application as efficiently and quickly as possible.

All you can do here is recognise the slow burn and wonder why and when cruelty became normal. I feel your suffering, we're in the same boat. Courage, strength.

Love and forgiveness if you have it in you.

Application: Settlement → Settlement → Fiancé (non priority)
Applied in: Canada (Vancouver)
Biometrics: 27 April
Non-straightforward notice: 19 July (day 58!)

Decision email: 20 November (day 145!)
Return courier tracking: DHL 20 November
Visa issued: 22 November

• Liked: 5
« Reply #3458 on: September 21, 2017, 04:55:17 AM »
Hi All,

Firstly, thanks so much re all the tracking on this forum - it's great to have some visibility over the non-transparency of the whole process.

I'm applying from Melbourne in Aus, and have lived in the UK on Tier 5 and Tier 2 visas for the last 4.5 years - we have a very, very straightforward application, so hoping that it all moves along quickly!

great to hear things have been moving for people this week, must be such a relief!

Application: Settlement → unmarried Partner visa (Priority)
Applied in: Melbourne, Aus
Biometrics: 22 August
Scan received: 23 August
GWF tracker status: not recognised
Decision email: Waiting
Visa issued: waiting

• Liked: 17
« Reply #3459 on: September 21, 2017, 05:10:58 AM »
Hi everyone! So happy to see some decisions coming through at last! Just wondering, what have your experiences been with the round-trip courier service you can purchase at the same time as priority processing on the VFS global site? I'm just wondering if it's worth the $$$ or the best option, vs. sending it via my own method.

Thanks!

I thought the VFS prices seemed pretty high compared to going UPS directly.  I paid $87 for 2 day delivery and the pre-paid 2-day return was $109.  Just stuck it in a regular UPS cardboard envelope and taped the edges to prevent water from getting in.  Not sure if I will regret it later, but did not think VFS was really doing anything different that would get me my visa faster or safer.  If so, would have definitely paid for it...
Met: 2007
Married: 2011
Biometrics: 8/29/17
Mailed: 8/30/17
Confirmation Email: 9/1/17
Decision Email: 9/26/17
Received:9/29/17
FLR (M) Extension submitted: June 08, 2020
UKVCAS IDV APP downloaded and biometrics submitted: Aug 27, 2020
Decision Email:11/24/20
BRP Received: TBD

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3460 on: September 21, 2017, 08:06:16 AM »

Anyone seen anything like it or want to venture a guess as to what the actual F--k it means?! I've never applied for a visa before. All of my previous international travel has been within Europe, and I've never been accused of or involved in any crime. What possible security checks could they be referring to? Interesting that they dated my application from the day of biometrics, not the date of my first email. If that's true, then I just graduated from 50 to 62 BD....lucky me!!!  :-X

That is nothing more than a standard BS response to which they've plugged in your names etc. I would not read anything into it at all.

If you are really lucky though, the intervention might just get your application looked at now. We have seen that before.

« Reply #3461 on: September 21, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »

UKVI asking for additional information is not a bad thing at all. It means that they are giving you a chance to bring your application up to scratch. Sometimes they refuse outright so it's much better to be asked.

Hopefully your application was correct though because a request for additional information does slow things down.

« Reply #3462 on: September 21, 2017, 08:31:40 AM »
Hi All,

Firstly, thanks so much re all the tracking on this forum - it's great to have some visibility over the non-transparency of the whole process.

I'm applying from Melbourne in Aus, and have lived in the UK on Tier 5 and Tier 2 visas for the last 4.5 years - we have a very, very straightforward application, so hoping that it all moves along quickly!

great to hear things have been moving for people this week, must be such a relief!

Application: Settlement → unmarried Partner visa (Priority)
Applied in: Melbourne, Aus
Biometrics: 22 August
Scan received: 23 August
GWF tracker status: not recognised
Decision email: Waiting
Visa issued: waiting

Hi NHLon, welcome to the forum.  :)

I'm curious why you returned to Australia to apply? If you were living together in the UK while on your tier 2 visa for the entire 2 years, you could have applied in country using FLR(M).

« Reply #3463 on: September 21, 2017, 08:41:42 AM »
I thought the VFS prices seemed pretty high compared to going UPS directly.  I paid $87 for 2 day delivery and the pre-paid 2-day return was $109.  Just stuck it in a regular UPS cardboard envelope and taped the edges to prevent water from getting in.  Not sure if I will regret it later, but did not think VFS was really doing anything different that would get me my visa faster or safer.  If so, would have definitely paid for it...

Using vfsflobal is just a way of using UPS prepaid. The thing is, UPS are not supposed to be able to sell you the return label because it's coming back from outside of the US which is why UKVI asks specifically for a waybill.

Return shipping
To have your documents returned you must provide a fully addressed prepaid electronic shipping label (we cannot accept ground services and non-electronic waybills). Put your return shipping label and envelope inside the package, and keep a copy of the waybill for your records.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

If there is a problem, they will contact you. Others in this situation have set up a UPS account that UKVI can bill to.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3464 on: September 21, 2017, 08:48:11 AM »
My husband's MP finally got a response to her written request for information. It stated:

"Thank you for your email correspondence of 9 August with enclosures on behalf of Mr-- about his wife, Mrs -- application for Entry Clearance as a spouse.

Mrs -- submitted an application for Entry Clearance on 23 June which remains outstanding. Our records show that Mrs --s application remains under active consideration. However, her application is subject to complex checks, some of which may need to be completed by another government department and these can take some time to conclude. We are unable to make a decision on her application until these checks are completed.

On a general note, I hope you will understand that alongside our determination to provide a priority service, we must also balance our legal obligations to maintain effective immigration control and maintain security of our border. If security checks have not been completed, or there are issues with the application itself that cause us not to be satisfied that the application immediately qualifies under the Immigration Rules, we are unable to offer a compromise.

I can confirm that we received Mrs --s further supporting documentation on 16 August, her application has been placed into the queue for further consideration and assessment by the ECO and, at this stage, it is not possible to provide a timescale for concluding Mrs --s application.

Please assure Mrs -- that every effort is being made to deal with her application as efficiently and quickly as possible."

Anyone seen anything like it or want to venture a guess as to what the actual F--k it means?! I've never applied for a visa before. All of my previous international travel has been within Europe, and I've never been accused of or involved in any crime. What possible security checks could they be referring to? Interesting that they dated my application from the day of biometrics, not the date of my first email. If that's true, then I just graduated from 50 to 62 BD....lucky me!!!  :-X

Basically they've plugged your name and dates into a standard email.  With the exception of the paragraph about the extra documents.  I read this email as "blah blah blah blah, we've added the extra documents to the application and put it back into the queue."  I suspect it's been sitting around waiting for those documents to be added.  With a bit of luck, hopefully you'll hear back shortly.

The security checks are quick.  Things like checking for a criminal background (UK and US share information with one another), checking your sponsor's info against HMRC records to ensure the financials are real, etc.  Nothing too deep.  WITH the checks it takes 60-90 minutes to decide an application.

I'm glad you know you are back in the pile to be processed.  I genuinely believe your wait is coming to an end!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab