Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best Laid Plans Bite the Dust  (Read 2362 times)

• Liked: 65
Re: Best Laid Plans Bite the Dust
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
Quick update - best laid plans are back on track!
I sent off for son's UK passport renewal and rescheduled his flight for Aug 3/Oct 21 changeable return.

HRM passport office got the docs on July 13 and amazingly I am getting the passport tomorrow per their update -  Can't believe how fast that was!

So now he can enter the UK with his UK passport and all is good. If he is missing us too much or just wants to come back he has the return at half term.

My husband also found out that he'll have enough social security credits by June 2018 so the rest of us can go over next summer as planned - yahoo! 
Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 04:53:53 PM »
Great news!

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »
Quick update - best laid plans are back on track!
I sent off for son's UK passport renewal and rescheduled his flight for Aug 3/Oct 21 changeable return.

HRM passport office got the docs on July 13 and amazingly I am getting the passport tomorrow per their update -  Can't believe how fast that was!

So now he can enter the UK with his UK passport and all is good. If he is missing us too much or just wants to come back he has the return at half term.

My husband also found out that he'll have enough social security credits by June 2018 so the rest of us can go over next summer as planned - yahoo!

Good deal! Good luck with the rest; get the SS while you can! I'd be pulling my hair out too; we originally planned on a five year with a move in 2014, then had to move it up to aiming for 2016, now we're down to just figuring out when we can sell the house. I decided to not even figure on SS because I don't honestly think it'll still exist by the time I could claim on all the money I've paid in. If I'm wrong, fantastic, but ain't gonna count it till I see it.
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• Liked: 65
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »
Good deal! Good luck with the rest; get the SS while you can! I'd be pulling my hair out too; we originally planned on a five year with a move in 2014, then had to move it up to aiming for 2016, now we're down to just figuring out when we can sell the house. I decided to not even figure on SS because I don't honestly think it'll still exist by the time I could claim on all the money I've paid in. If I'm wrong, fantastic, but ain't gonna count it till I see it.

I feel the same way about SS but my husband is a stickler on principal and doesn't want to just throw it away!  In any event, my son arrived safe and sound at Heathrow today so step one is complete.  Now on to the dreaded supporting docs for my visa - fun times!
Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

• Liked: 170
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 10:45:31 PM »
Moot point now - I am a secondary teacher here in the UK. Some schools start GCSEs in Year 9 now. Not all of them, and some only in certain subjects. My current school starts only Maths GCSE in Year 9. Some schools also start English and Science GCSEs in Year 9... so it may be a very good thing that he can be there for the start o the academic year.

good luck!!

My aunt mentioned the 10 year thing. But I only worked probably 2 years (all part time) before I left the US and now have no plans of returning for another 8 years just to get some SS... I am counting down my state pensionable years here! I am up to 7!! Just another 8 million to go!!!
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 08:31:11 PM »
I feel the same way about SS but my husband is a stickler on principal and doesn't want to just throw it away!  In any event, my son arrived safe and sound at Heathrow today so step one is complete.  Now on to the dreaded supporting docs for my visa - fun times!

Coolbeads!

Your combined take is the best way to look at it to me; try to make it happen but don't depend on it ;0)

"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

Sponsored Links