Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) 2017 timeline.  (Read 21438 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: FLR(M) 2017 timeline.
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »
I am so relieved, my BRP just came in the mail today!

Here's the timeline I had (I switched from a tier 4):

Application submitted: 9 Jan 2018 (by post)
Payment taken: 12 Jan
Letter of acknowledgement: 16 Jan (dated 11 Jan)
Biometrics invite letter received: 22 Jan
Biometrics submitted: 22 Jan
Request for more docs: None
BRP received: 22 Feb
Decision letter/original docs returned: Probably in the next few days

I guess this is actually a 2018 timeline, but hey, I'm excited and everyone here was so helpful and I figured I'd leave this timeline here for anyone else who's anxiously awaiting their decision. Thanks everyone!  ;D

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(M) 2017/2018 timeline.
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2018, 06:05:46 PM »
I am so relieved, my BRP just came in the mail today!

Here's the timeline I had (I switched from a tier 4):

Application submitted: 9 Jan 2018 (by post)
Payment taken: 12 Jan
Letter of acknowledgement: 16 Jan (dated 11 Jan)
Biometrics invite letter received: 22 Jan
Biometrics submitted: 22 Jan
Request for more docs: None
BRP received: 22 Feb
Decision letter/original docs returned: Probably in the next few days

I guess this is actually a 2018 timeline, but hey, I'm excited and everyone here was so helpful and I figured I'd leave this timeline here for anyone else who's anxiously awaiting their decision. Thanks everyone!  ;D

Congratulations!  ;D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2018, 08:26:14 PM »
Hi guys,

My timeline seems a bit different from the ones you guys are sharing, which is worrying me a bit. I was renewing my FLR(M) with normal processing times and did all of the documents at once.

26th Feb: Submitted application online, paid fees, and printed biometric invite
27th Feb: Took biometrics and posted the application documents
Letter received from Sheffield dated 26th Feb, saying that they've received the application.

I haven't had any other emails or letters. Is this all normal? What timeline do you think I should expect on hearing back?

« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »
Hi guys,

My timeline seems a bit different from the ones you guys are sharing, which is worrying me a bit. I was renewing my FLR(M) with normal processing times and did all of the documents at once.

26th Feb: Submitted application online, paid fees, and printed biometric invite
27th Feb: Took biometrics and posted the application documents
Letter received from Sheffield dated 26th Feb, saying that they've received the application.

I haven't had any other emails or letters. Is this all normal? What timeline do you think I should expect on hearing back?

Ahhh, you applied online. That's a bit of an unknown quantity, we always recommend the paper form because there have been issues with online applications in the past.

Having said that, it doesn't look like anything is wrong in your case, so it's just a case of waiting, I'm afraid.
I know someone else has had a longer than usual wait to get her biometrics invitation, we are putting it down to days lost during the snowy weather. Hopefully it picks up soon.  :)

« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2018, 09:50:09 PM »
Ahhh, you applied online. That's a bit of an unknown quantity, we always recommend the paper form because there have been issues with online applications in the past.

Having said that, it doesn't look like anything is wrong in your case, so it's just a case of waiting, I'm afraid.
I know someone else has had a longer than usual wait to get her biometrics invitation, we are putting it down to days lost during the snowy weather. Hopefully it picks up soon.  :)

Thanks for your reply - I didn't realise there was another way to submit your application, it's so confusing! I did get the biometric invitation automatically as I submitted the online version and printed it and did my biometrics the next day so am only waiting for the decision I believe.

« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »
Thanks for your reply - I didn't realise there was another way to submit your application, it's so confusing! I did get the biometric invitation automatically as I submitted the online version and printed it and did my biometrics the next day so am only waiting for the decision I believe.

Yes, that's all you're waiting for now. Fingers crossed you get it soon. How long until you plan to travel?

« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
Yes, that's all you're waiting for now. Fingers crossed you get it soon. How long until you plan to travel?

Well, unfortunately very soon! We live in the UK already and the application was my visa renewal application (2nd Spousal visa) but I have a flight booked to visit family in California on 20th April.

« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2018, 10:31:56 PM »
Well, unfortunately very soon! We live in the UK already and the application was my visa renewal application (2nd Spousal visa) but I have a flight booked to visit family in California on 20th April.

There is still time, hopefully you'll make it!  :)

« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2018, 10:32:39 PM »
There is still time, hopefully you'll make it!  :)

Thanks Larrabee!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2018, 12:44:24 PM »
20th of April will be cutting it close and unfortunately you may have a few anxious weeks until then.  Hopefully it will come through in time!

Do you have travel insurance if you need to cancel?

« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2018, 01:32:51 PM »
20th of April will be cutting it close and unfortunately you may have a few anxious weeks until then.  Hopefully it will come through in time!

Do you have travel insurance if you need to cancel?

Unfortunately not but looking at options for it now. In earlier threads, there were posts about a link where you can track the status of your application but the link seems to just go to a contact us page now. Do you know if it's still possible to track the status?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
Unfortunately not but looking at options for it now. In earlier threads, there were posts about a link where you can track the status of your application but the link seems to just go to a contact us page now. Do you know if it's still possible to track the status?

It was only a beta tracking service, so I guess they've taken it off the website now :(.

You're already about 5 weeks into the processing now, and the FLR(M) applications made in the last few months have generally taken 5-7 weeks so hopefully you'll get yours back in time to travel.

« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2018, 01:36:14 PM »

No, they eliminated that feature.  Nice, eh?

But rest assured that by far the majority of FLR(M) applications are processed within the 8 week service standard.  Hopefully yours will be processed a smidgen faster than that.

« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2018, 01:37:24 PM »
No, they eliminated that feature.  Nice, eh?

But rest assured that by far the majority of FLR(M) applications are processed within the 8 week service standard.  Hopefully yours will be processed a smidgen faster than that.

Thanks so much - it's so nice being able to ask people questions, it really helps!

« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2018, 11:14:47 AM »
Honestly, it would be better to start a new thread and have your questions all in one place.  If you copy this over, I'll answer them there.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab