Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) 2017 timeline.  (Read 21335 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(M) 2017 timeline.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
Mathremuk's BRP arrived today!  ;D  She posted in the priority timeline.

FLR(M) Apps
Date sent  / Username /(Biometric invitation letter received)/  Date of approval letter or BRP arrival / Business Days
February Lyonaria  (March 3rd) Approval received April 11th
May-02   Sez2004  June-26       38BD
May-10   Beatlemania- In person- Approved May 10th.
May-18   Freespirit02  -BRP received July 13th.
May 22nd Noelville-  (8th June)--Approval received July 12th
May-23   mathremuk- Additional info. requested. BRP arrived July 27th.
June-1    brenzie -Approval received July-7             26BD
June-6th GAtoWales- Decision made (tracker) July 20th.
June-26th Camiekyu- (13th July)
July-18th  SheIsis- In person -Approved July 18th.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »
Hiya!

While Ross and I have not submitted our FLR(M) application yet (we're getting married on 19/8/2017), I am relieved to see the waiting periods are not particularly lengthy.
We are planning on hiring the solicitors who assisted us with the fiancee visa once again, which will leave us with no extra for priority service. Due to doom-and-gloom bits and pieces I'd heard about home office backlogs, I feared a 4 or 5-month wait!

Hopefully wait times won't lengthen much between now and September-October. :)

Hugs, love, and positive energy,

Rachel

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2017, 02:58:24 PM »
Hiya!

While Ross and I have not submitted our FLR(M) application yet (we're getting married on 19/8/2017), I am relieved to see the waiting periods are not particularly lengthy.
We are planning on hiring the solicitors who assisted us with the fiancee visa once again, which will leave us with no extra for priority service. Due to doom-and-gloom bits and pieces I'd heard about home office backlogs, I feared a 4 or 5-month wait!

Rachel

Hi Rachel, great to see you!  :)  FLR is much more predictable than the initial entry clearance visas and generally runs at around 6-8 weeks.

The requirements are essentially the same as the last time but with the addition of your mail in both names and your marriage certificate and obviously no wedding planning is required.

Did you have any special circumstances that lead you to go with a solicitor the first time around (sorry, I forget) or was it more for peace of mind?
If the latter, why don't you give some thought to having us help you through it, then you could use the extra money for an in person appointment or save it for something else?  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »
Hiya!

Rachel

I agree with Larabee!  Save the money.  You already know your "past" isn't an issue and that you'll be approved.  We can help you with everything.  Think of the AMAZING weekend away you could have with that money.   ;D

• Liked: 4
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 10:09:49 AM »
I just received my Grant of Leave to Remain letter along with my original documents. The BRP should be here soon. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Thank you once again, uk-yankee experts. That took 36 BD from the 8th of June, when my application was received by UKVI. x
Married: 27-06-14
Spouse Visa Delivered: 27-10-14
Arrived in Wales: 03-12-14
Little GAtoWales born 26-01-16
FLR(M) approval received: 28-07-17
ILR approval received: 04-05-2020

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 02:36:03 PM »
I just received my Grant of Leave to Remain letter along with my original documents. The BRP should be here soon. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Thank you once again, uk-yankee experts. That took 36 BD from the 8th of June, when my application was received by UKVI. x

Wooooot! Congratulations! GAtoWales!  ;D  I wanted to frame that letter when it arrived!

Thanks for working out the BD for me.  :)

FLR(M) Apps
Date sent(arrived)  / Username /(Biometric invitation letter received)/  Date of approval letter or BRP arrival / Business Days
June-6th(8th) GAtoWales- Decision made (tracker) July 20th. Approval July 28th. 36BD.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
I just thought id update. We got our approval letter today. Im over the moon we are still on the five year route but i am slightly flummexed by it all. They gave us until the 26th to get all the additional requests to them. Well the main letter which we had gone through hell to get from the 401k company didnt get to them until the 26th and they had already approved us on the 25th.

We had gone the savings and rental income route but they ended up requesting employment info from us which is a category we didnt apply for because I am self employed and my husband didnt meet level of income plus our rental.

The weird thing was the dates they asked us for were dec15 to dec16 income and NOT the 6 months prior to the app. My husband hadnt earned much by then as he had only been in that job 2 months and was out of work renovating our rental earlier in the year. The 2 months of payslips i included though would have met the threshold had you calculated them to a 6 month period so whether they just went off that i dont know. I find it very odd when they should of really asked us for the six months prior to the application. I did include my self employment info even though they hadnt requested it but I had also earned barely anything as I was on maternity leave a fair bit of that time.

Anyway just thought id update and maybe theres hope even when you think there isnt any!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone. You have been brilliant. A special shout out to KSAND24, KFDANCER AND LARRABEE you truly are amazing :)

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »
I just thought id update. We got our approval letter today. Im over the moon we are still on the five year route but i am slightly flummexed by it all.

That is such good news!  ;D
Everything about your experience was unusual but I wouldn't even question it now, that's all water under the bridge.
You got your leave on the 5 year route which was the best possible outcome! Congratulations!  ;D

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 10:18:00 AM »
Latest success story, thwpipps!  ;D Woot!

FLR(M) Apps
Date sent(arrived)  / Username /(Biometric invitation letter received)/  Date of approval letter or BRP arrival / Business Days
June-6th(8th) GAtoWales- Decision made (tracker) July 20th. Approval July 28th. 36BD.
June-19th thwphipps- Docs received August 3rd. Approved.

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 12:31:36 PM »
Well, I still have not received my BRP.  :-[  I sent notice to ukvi last Friday, as that was 10 bd from the date on my approval letter. So, far all I have is an email promising to contact the courier.

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 02:06:44 PM »
Well, I still have not received my BRP.  :-[  I sent notice to ukvi last Friday, as that was 10 bd from the date on my approval letter. So, far all I have is an email promising to contact the courier.

Oh, that's a shame. You found this page?

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »
Yes, that's how I reported it. x

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2017, 02:58:23 PM »
Yes, that's how I reported it. x

Great!  :)

It's extra hassle that you don't need I know but don't let this spoil your success!  :D

• Liked: 14
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 09:59:54 PM »
Hi Rachel, great to see you!  :)  FLR is much more predictable than the initial entry clearance visas and generally runs at around 6-8 weeks.

The requirements are essentially the same as the last time but with the addition of your mail in both names and your marriage certificate and obviously no wedding planning is required.

Did you have any special circumstances that lead you to go with a solicitor the first time around (sorry, I forget) or was it more for peace of mind?
If the latter, why don't you give some thought to having us help you through it, then you could use the extra money for an in person appointment or save it for something else?  :)

Hiya!

Awww, thank you for saying you're happy to see me around. I'm happy to be here -- both on the board and in the lovely UK with a wedding coming up in ten short days!!

We initially hired a solicitor because 7 years ago, I was charged with and convicted of one count of prostitution after offering adult massage and being targeted in a Backpage sting. I was given a non-custodial sentence (three years' unsupervised probation, the choice between a fine or community service, and an AIDS test). The conviction was "dismissed pursuant to 1203.4" in 2016, which is as close as the state of California comes to expungement unless factual innocence can be proven. This is the only arrest or criminal charge/conviction I've dealt with in my life.

Additionally, I've had several _minor_ traffic offences over the years (the most recent having taken place in July 2013). These have all resulted in fines. As mentioned, these were all minor -- but due to there being several, I was nervous. This was another reason why I thought it would be prudent to hire an attorney.

While I am obviously admissible (as I was granted entry clearance as a fiancee/spouse), I will likely have to explain my past misdemeanor/list my traffic violations once more. If the forms are different from the last one, I do not want to risk screwing anything up. That is why I suspect working with the same attorney as before might be beneficial.

Larrabee, you and KF -- and, possibly, others on this forum -- seem willing to help. While that is an extremely kind offer, do you think it would be wise to take that chance given the circumstances?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 10:23:51 PM »
Yes, we will get you approved without a lawyer, promise!!

Enjoy the wedding and then pop in afterwards and we'll get you sorted.

Sponsored Links