Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) 2017 timeline.  (Read 21424 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(M) 2017 timeline.
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 05:42:03 AM »
Hiya!

Awww, thank you for saying you're happy to see me around. I'm happy to be here -- both on the board and in the lovely UK with a wedding coming up in ten short days!!

We initially hired a solicitor because 7 years ago, I was charged with and convicted of one count of prostitution after offering adult massage and being targeted in a Backpage sting. I was given a non-custodial sentence (three years' unsupervised probation, the choice between a fine or community service, and an AIDS test). The conviction was "dismissed pursuant to 1203.4" in 2016, which is as close as the state of California comes to expungement unless factual innocence can be proven. This is the only arrest or criminal charge/conviction I've dealt with in my life.

Additionally, I've had several _minor_ traffic offences over the years (the most recent having taken place in July 2013). These have all resulted in fines. As mentioned, these were all minor -- but due to there being several, I was nervous. This was another reason why I thought it would be prudent to hire an attorney.

While I am obviously admissible (as I was granted entry clearance as a fiancee/spouse), I will likely have to explain my past misdemeanor/list my traffic violations once more. If the forms are different from the last one, I do not want to risk screwing anything up. That is why I suspect working with the same attorney as before might be beneficial.

Larrabee, you and KF -- and, possibly, others on this forum -- seem willing to help. While that is an extremely kind offer, do you think it would be wise to take that chance given the circumstances?

You'll be fine.  :D  The evidence and explanation of your past history that you provided were accepted for entry clearance and the standards are the same for FLR.

The only suggestion I would have is that you use the paper form rather than the online one to apply.
We are familiar with the paper form and can see it so are better able to assist. Also the online form is a bit glitchy and has an additional timing element which has proved problematic to others in the past.

Have a lovely wedding!  ;D

• Liked: 14
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »
Hiya,

My worry about the paper form mainly concerned all the traffic offences. You see, on the online spousal/fiancee settlement visa application, only five spaces were included for "past criminal convictions". Obviously, one was used to list my misdemeanor. The other four were used for my four most recent traffic offences (one of which was a $10 jaywalking ticket). I don't have all of the info from every one of my traffic tickets (I don't even recall which city most of them occurred in), and I don't recall the exact fine for many of them.

Our lawyer prefaced all of my info with a "lodgement letter", and mentioned in said letter that I had "several minor traffic offences between (year) and (year)", telling me no further info was required about minor traffic offences. However, in this new application, is further info required for such minor violations?

Also, on a far more practical and less paranoid note...how do I go about officially registering at this address? And what sorts of joint mail are accepted for proof of our residence together at this address?

Thanks so much for all of your help,

Rachel xx

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
Honestly, don't worry about the past.  You already know it's a non-issue with UKVI.

There isn't a formal registration for an address.  Try to have your name added to the council tax bill and other utilities if possible. 

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
My worry about the paper form mainly concerned all the traffic offences. You see, on the online spousal/fiancee settlement visa application, only five spaces were included for "past criminal convictions". Obviously, one was used to list my misdemeanor. The other four were used for my four most recent traffic offences (one of which was a $10 jaywalking ticket). I don't have all of the info from every one of my traffic tickets (I don't even recall which city most of them occurred in), and I don't recall the exact fine for many of them.

It's really not an issue - if it was fine for the fiance visa, it will be fine for the FLR(M) visa.

The form you completes makes no difference as you just continue on a separate sheet or in the additional information if there are not enough spaces.

We recommend the paper form because:
- the questions make more sense on the paper form (people get more easily confused by the online form)
- we can see the paper form, so can tell you how to answer the questions, but we don't know what the online form looks like (the questions are phrased differently)
- with the paper form, you just mail the form, the payment and all your documents when you're ready, but with the online form, you complete online, submit it, pay for the visa and then you have I think 15 days to mail the form and document... except one member recently had all kinds of trouble with this because UKVI claimed they hadn't received their documents because they didn't mail them until day 14 or 15
- the paper form is processed in Durham (as it has been for the last 10+ years), but for some reason the online form is processed in Sheffield

Our lawyer prefaced all of my info with a "lodgement letter", and mentioned in said letter that I had "several minor traffic offences between (year) and (year)", telling me no further info was required about minor traffic offences. However, in this new application, is further info required for such minor violations?

You just list them on the application form.

Also, on a far more practical and less paranoid note...how do I go about officially registering at this address? And what sorts of joint mail are accepted for proof of our residence together at this address?

You just call the utility companies and ask for your name to be added to the account. There is no 'official registration'.

The acceptable forms of mail are listed on the FLR(M) application form:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM
Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about
medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2017, 01:23:10 PM »
Thank you so much!

Alright; that answers my questions about mail correspondence. However, the traffic
issue still bothers me because:

A) I do not remember the cities in which many of these older tickets were given
b) I don't remember the exact dates for many of these tickets
c) Nor do I remember the exact fines.

As mentioned, the most recent traffic violation was an "assured clear distance ahead" ticket from 16/7/2013. Before that I had a jaywalking ticket (June 2012), an expired plates ticket (a week after my birthday in March 2012, when I forgot to renew them), and a rolling stop ticket (August 2011). Before that, I have a few speeding tickets, rolling stop tickets, stop light tickets, and 1 failure to yield to an emergency vehicle...also one (juvenile) failure to show license ticket which has been (completely) expunged in adulthood. My penalties for each of these violations were tickets/fines. I don't know how to go about listing info of which I'm not certain. :(

Will it be acceptable just to be honest about this lack of precise knowledge?

Thanks,

Rachel

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
Thank you so much!

Alright; that answers my questions about mail correspondence. However, the traffic
issue still bothers me because:

A) I do not remember the cities in which many of these older tickets were given
b) I don't remember the exact dates for many of these tickets
c) Nor do I remember the exact fines.

As mentioned, the most recent traffic violation was an "assured clear distance ahead" ticket from 16/7/2013. Before that I had a jaywalking ticket (June 2012), an expired plates ticket (a week after my birthday in March 2012, when I forgot to renew them), and a rolling stop ticket (August 2011). Before that, I have a few speeding tickets, rolling stop tickets, stop light tickets, and 1 failure to yield to an emergency vehicle...also one (juvenile) failure to show license ticket which has been (completely) expunged in adulthood. My penalties for each of these violations were tickets/fines. I don't know how to go about listing info of which I'm not certain. :(

Will it be acceptable just to be honest about this lack of precise knowledge?

Thanks,

Rachel

You do not need any more detail than what you provided for the fiancé visa.  Just include the exact same level of info again.

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
Okay. So I should list the most recent four, then explain in the "further information" area that I have several more minor traffic violations between (year) and (year)?

Am I allowed to re-use my attorney's wording and arguments from the lodgement letter,
or would that be copyright infringement of some sort/theft of intellectual property?

Thank you again,

Rachel

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2017, 01:55:14 PM »
You know, you don't actually need to declare anything that was a fixed-penalty notice, such as speeding tickets or parking tickets.

So, while we recommend including them just to be honest, if you have other traffic offences that were 'more than' just a standard ticket, I would focus on those as priority.

From the application form:
You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2017, 03:01:53 PM »
As far as "fixed penalty" is concerned, I don't know if my speeding, etc. offences qualify. While no court appearances were required, the amount of fine was not generally not written on the ticket, and I generally had to show up at the police station's traffic window to find out the amount and pay.

This may just be an "Ohio" way of doing things, but it seems frustrating in cases like this. These exact peculiarities, and my lack of specific knowledge with regard to most of these offences, is why I feel I should re-hire my attorney.

It's a shame, as my only criminal offence/misdemeanor has proven nothing to worry about, that these minutiae which should be even less of a big deal are frightening me so.

maybe I am just paranoid and pessimistic...but the thought of being without my dear Mr. Ross; of having to separate after we've gone through so much effort to forge a life together, is my greatest fear.

Thanks again,

Rachel

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »
It's a shame, as my only criminal offence/misdemeanor has proven nothing to worry about, that these minutiae which should be even less of a big deal are frightening me so.

maybe I am just paranoid and pessimistic...but the thought of being without my dear Mr. Ross; of having to separate after we've gone through so much effort to forge a life together, is my greatest fear.

This is literally nothing to worry about. You've done the hard part already - you got the fiance visa... and if there was anything to be concerned about, it would have been flagged up already when you applied for that one (i.e your visa would have been refused).

If you didn't worry about it for the fiance visa, why are you worrying about it now?  Just write down your traffic violations, providing as much detail as you can remember, and move onto the next question. No need to spend more than a few minutes thinking about it.

The next visa is almost just a formality. You've already been granted a settlement visa, and now you're just extending it as a spouse. As long as you still meet the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements, it will be granted. You just need to update your documents, gather your mail for the relationship requirement and apply.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:09:13 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »

I agree with ksand and KFdancer that all you need to include is the same information that you did with the initial visa and you'll be absolutely fine regarding your history and we can help you with any additional questions.
Ultimately though, you need to be comfortable with the process so if you feel better using your lawyer again, then that's what you should do. :)
Either way, we'll be here to help you through it!  :D

• Liked: 2
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »
I'm a bit late to post this, but wanted to add another timeline for reference.  I sent my FLR-M application special delivery on 13th June.  I did not pay extra for special delivery on return.  I used the application tracker and on the afternoon of Thursday, 27th July it changed to Decision Made.  On Friday, 28th  I came home from work and found my Biometric Residence Card in the post.  I went away for the weekend and upon my return on Sunday, 30th July, my Decision letter was in the post with the full packed of my documents.  I didn't sign for any of these.  I was pleasantly surprised to get everything back with no trouble, but a bit confused as I thought I would have to sign.  Either way, all done and I can book a holiday now that I have my passport back!
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »
I'm a bit late to post this, but wanted to add another timeline for reference.  I sent my FLR-M application special delivery on 13th June.  I did not pay extra for special delivery on return.  I used the application tracker and on the afternoon of Thursday, 27th July it changed to Decision Made.  On Friday, 28th  I came home from work and found my Biometric Residence Card in the post.  I went away for the weekend and upon my return on Sunday, 30th July, my Decision letter was in the post with the full packed of my documents.  I didn't sign for any of these.  I was pleasantly surprised to get everything back with no trouble, but a bit confused as I thought I would have to sign.  Either way, all done and I can book a holiday now that I have my passport back!

Congratulations Texgirl!  ;D Feels awesome, doesn't it!  :D

FLR(M) Apps
Date sent(arrived)  / Username /(Biometric invitation letter received)/  Date of approval letter or BRP arrival / Business Days
February Lyonaria  (March 3rd) Approval received April 11th
May-02   Sez2004  June-26       38BD
May-10   Beatlemania- In person- Approved May 10th.
May-18   Freespirit02  -BRP received July 13th.
May 22nd Noelville-  (8th June)--Approval received July 12th
May-23   mathremuk- Additional info. requested. BRP arrived July 27th.
June-1    brenzie -Approval received July-7             26BD
June-6th(8th) GAtoWales- Decision made (tracker) July 20th. Approval July 28th. 36BD.
June-13th Texgirl- BRP arrived 28th July.
June-19th thwphipps- Docs received August 3rd. Approved.
June-26th Camiekyu- (13th July)
July-18th  SheIsis- In person -Approved July 18th.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2017, 08:27:13 PM »
My BRP finally showed up today from DX. I almost missed the courier as I was out walking with my daughter. What a relief.  ;D
Married: 27-06-14
Spouse Visa Delivered: 27-10-14
Arrived in Wales: 03-12-14
Little GAtoWales born 26-01-16
FLR(M) approval received: 28-07-17
ILR approval received: 04-05-2020

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
My BRP finally showed up today from DX. I almost missed the courier as I was out walking with my daughter. What a relief.  ;D

Excellent news!  ;D

Sponsored Links