Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to get MP to act?  (Read 1765 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: How to get MP to act?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
This is just so draining. I have emailed the MP a couple more times to make sure that she is speaking to UKVI directly by phone, and explaining the kinds of experiences and delays and mistakes and misinformation people are facing. The fact that there were two emails indicating that the application was opened and then nothing makes me think it has gone back in a waiting pile. I don't know if the actions related to her contact, it could just be that one of the four solicitor's letters were finally opened. I phoned MPs office again today and it's just so exhausting having to persist and persist to get a response. I am so sick of dragging through all this day after day with no impact of any of the actions I take.

It's tough but you are so near the end of it now. Not much longer to keep at it.  :)

• Liked: 449
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 10:23:45 AM »
Thanks Larrabee and KFdancer your support and everyone here means such a lot. What a gift this forum is.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »
'Thank you for your email and further updates.

I have contacted UKVI and will let you know as soon as I have a response'

Arggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

I have replied asking again to phone directly and reiterating the extent of problem there.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
'Thank you for your email and further updates.

I have contacted UKVI and will let you know as soon as I have a response'

Arggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

I have replied asking again to phone directly and reiterating the extent of problem there.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

So you write back and thank her for her email. Then ask her to call UKVI. Nothing else.
Make it impossible for her to reply without addressing whether she'll call or not.
Hopefully when you put her on the spot like that, she would rather call than email you back saying that she won't call.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »
So you write back and thank her for her email. Then ask her to call UKVI. Nothing else.
Make it impossible for her to reply without addressing whether she'll call or not.
Hopefully when you put her on the spot like that, she would rather call than email you back saying that she won't call.

Thanks. The thing is I have sent at least three emails that explicitly ask her to call. She's not in any doubt that i am asking her to do that. Her reply above is simply saying she won't and that we have to wait. And she only replied at all to those update emails because I phoned her office and asked her to reply to me today. She has all the power here, there is nothing I can do.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
Thanks. The thing is I have sent at least three emails that explicitly ask her to call. She's not in any doubt that i am asking her to do that. Her reply above is simply saying she won't and that we have to wait. And she only replied at all to those update emails because I phoned her office and asked her to reply to me today. She has all the power here, there is nothing I can do.

Oh boy, she really isn't interested in helping, is she?

What about this time asking her why she won't call them? Maybe you can wear her down!  ;D

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 01:52:26 PM »
Oh boy, she really isn't interested in helping, is she?

What about this time asking her why she won't call them? Maybe you can wear her down!  ;D

Hmm - perhaps. I am recharging my resolve with IKEA furniture. There were lots of things we were going to wait to do together in setting up our new home, that I am gradually, resignedly doing myself, ensuring that I sulk consistently throughout. We finally gave in and chose a bed together remotely which arrived on Monday. Today, I sat for an hour and stared angrily at the IKEA bedside tables (which I like building) for daring to arrive this morning (when they were ordered to) ahead of my wife. I told them I was not going to build them myself. I was drawing a line! I'd built the whole of the rest of the house. They were not going to be fulfilled until she was here building them with me. They wore me down. Tantalised me with the tool box. What chance do I have with an indifferent MP if i lose the battle with inanimate objects?!  :P
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 424
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 07:04:55 PM »
So sorry to hear you are having such trouble dealing with your MP. When my wife contacted ours in Scotland it was very effective. Don't give up, annoy her until she does her job!........and those tool boxes can be soooooo tempting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »
So sorry to hear you are having such trouble dealing with your MP. When my wife contacted ours in Scotland it was very effective. Don't give up, annoy her until she does her job!........and those tool boxes can be soooooo tempting!

Thanks I appreciate that :) I get the impression there are some really good MPs in Scotland across the political spectrum.

At least there are tool boxes and water butts to keep the despair at bay!
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 424
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 07:45:26 PM »
Indeed! I am working at Homebase....so I sell them!

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
Indeed! I am working at Homebase....so I sell them!

Oh cool! I can imagine my wife fitting in somewhere like that. We have a B & Q fairly near. It's so scary not knowing about what work she might get. She's got many years of management experience in retail, but jobs market not great here and she's not that far off retirement age, and I only have part time work myself right now  ::)

I have a Stanley set of screwdrivers which makes me happy. Oh and a new Level that I had to get to fit the water butt. I did a couple of terms of woodwork and made a bookcase secret door a few years ago with dovetail joints. Well I say dovetail joints but that would suggest they dovetailed, and that would not be entirely accurate! Lol

Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »
I just heard back from MPs office. Apparently their direct line for MPs has now been disconnected. So that's it. There is literally no way to get through to UKVI  ::)

On a positive note, my fun triathlon training is starting out well and I'm going to fundraise for Mind Out an excellent LGBTQ mental health charity in Brighton :)
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 97
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 08:22:35 PM »
So an mp can no longer call???? Only email?

This has to be a joke. I'm really sorry Emily :(
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
So an mp can no longer call???? Only email?

This has to be a joke. I'm really sorry Emily :(

That's what they put in writing to me today. That she had tried to call the direct line number but it is now disconnected? It seems hard to believe but so does all of it
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 257
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »
That's what they put in writing to me today. That she had tried to call the direct line number but it is now disconnected? It seems hard to believe but so does all of it

How is it possible for the direct line for MPs to be disconnected ?! What are UKVI playing at! That is just terrible
Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

Sponsored Links