Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: application questions  (Read 657 times)

• Liked: 6
application questions
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »
Hi
I am filling out the application online and just have a few questions

When it asks for all travel in the last ten years - both in the UK and outside the USA - if I cant remember the exact dates do I just put an estimate?

If our children are grown and no longer "dependent" do I just put no children?

On the spouse place of issue - I cant find anything in my husband's UK passport that has an issue place so do I put USA since that is where we applied for his renewal?

What do I put as the reason for being exempt from the English language requirement?

Do I need to put anything in the additional info box? - Is this where i should put the information about my adoptive name on my marriage certificate?

Also do I need the original land registry and mortgage documents from the friend we are going to be living with or can I use a printed copy from an email?

And last question - for this post lol- Are the HUD statements from the purchase and sale of our home for the financial requirement fine or do I need all the papers from the lawyers?

Thanks Again - as always I would be stumped without you all!!!

• Liked: 3595
Re: application questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:38:21 PM »
When it asks for all travel in the last ten years - both in the UK and outside the USA - if I cant remember the exact dates do I just put an estimate?

Preferably the exact dates, but if you don't know them, then an estimate of month and year should be fine.

If our children are grown and no longer "dependent" do I just put no children?

If it's asking about dependent children, then that's correct - put no, because you have no dependent children (they are independent now).

On the spouse place of issue - I cant find anything in my husband's UK passport that has an issue place so do I put USA since that is where we applied for his renewal?

A UK passport is issued in the UK (even if you renew in the US, the application is mailed to the UK for issue).

So, the place of issue is UK and usually, it's IPS for the issuing authority (but check what it says on his passport).

What do I put as the reason for being exempt from the English language requirement?

You are a US citizen.

Do I need to put anything in the additional info box? - Is this where i should put the information about my adoptive name on my marriage certificate?

Nope, no requirement to put anything... most people just use it to continue answering questions there wasn't any room for in the boxes, but you can explain about your name on your marriage certificate here if you like.

Also do I need the original land registry and mortgage documents from the friend we are going to be living with or can I use a printed copy from an email?

You need the original Land Registry (though you can purchase and download a copy of it yourself from the Land Registry website for £3).

The mortgage statement is optional, but if you send it, it must be original.

They also need to write and sign a letter giving you permission to live there and stating that the home will not be overcrowded... and this must have a wet signature and be mailed to you in the US.

And last question - for this post lol- Are the HUD statements from the purchase and sale of our home for the financial requirement fine or do I need all the papers from the lawyers?

Not sure, actually - hopefully someone else who has used the sale of property to meet the requirement can answer this one :).

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »
Thank you!
I am now filling out appendix two - part 4
we are planning on buying a pub or small hotel but we haven't done this yet - we are basically retired
so if we don't have answers to all these questions do we just leave them all blank?

also we sent away for my husbands Natl Insurance number but they sent us a letter back saying he's been gone so long they can't find it - do we include this letter or does he need to pursue it and get his old number?

Thanks again!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »
Thank you!
we are planning on buying a pub or small hotel but we haven't done this yet - we are basically retired
so if we don't have answers to all these questions do we just leave them all blank?

also we sent away for my husbands Natl Insurance number but they sent us a letter back saying he's been gone so long they can't find it - do we include this letter or does he need to pursue it and get his old number?

Thanks again!

If you are not exempt from the financial requirement, you don't complete part 4.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 04:39:39 PM »
Thank you!

If you have completed Part 3, you should not be completing Part 4 as well. It's one or the other, not both.

Part 4 is ONLY for people who are exempt from meeting the financial requirement because the UK sponsor receives specified UK government benefits (DLA, Carer's Allowance, etc.)

If you are using one of the Categories in Part 3 to meet the requirement you DO NOT complete Part 4.

So, you should complete:

Part 1: about your relationship
Part 2: about your accommodation
Part 3: Financial Requirement
Part 4: DO NOT COMPLETE
Part 5: Only complete if you have something you need to put in there, otherwise, leave blank

An NI number is like a SSN... once you have it, it's yours for life, so I don't think they can issue another one.

You can either keep pursuing it now and try to get hold of his number, or you could leave it blank on the form, make a note that you don't remember it, and then once you have moved to the UK, he can try to find out what it is.

Does he not have a record of it anywhere anymore - like on old paperwork or old payslips or anything?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:41:05 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 05:35:46 PM »
Thank You!!
You guys are invaluable- I would like to say I would have figured out I  didn't need to fill out
 part 4 but my mind is swimming with all this!! ::)  :-*

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 11:41:39 PM »
Hi
Yet another question!
On submitting our relationship info it says we need to submit things spanning our relationship so does this mean we have to show thirty years of stuff?
I have tax returns but not from thirty years - maybe ten
I have letters from when we dated - should I include a couple of those
I have a years worth of electric bills
I'm a little unsure of how much is enough?
Thanks

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 12:20:37 AM »
Hi
Yet another question!
On submitting our relationship info it says we need to submit things spanning our relationship so does this mean we have to show thirty years of stuff?
Thanks

I would show samples of evidence going as far back in the relationship as you can, and don't forget to include photos. Joint leases, home ownership, the first page of a joint tax return. You don't need to go overboard but there was someone who was denied this year because they didn't provide enough evidence of their 20 year marriage and forgot to include photos.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 12:43:34 AM »
Hi
Yet another question!
Thanks

Yes, ideally you should cover the whole length of the relationship. I'd try to send one piece for every couple of years.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 05:28:02 PM »
HI
And yet another crazy question
In appendix two - question 1.19 - have you lived with your sponsor  - please list addresses
After 30 years of marriage we have lived numerous places
Do they want them all???

Thank you!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 05:47:53 PM »
HI
And yet another crazy question
In appendix two - question 1.19 - have you lived with your sponsor  - please list addresses
After 30 years of marriage we have lived numerous places
Do they want them all???

Thank you!!!!!

I believe they do want them all. You can either use the Part 5 Additional Information box to list them, or continue on a separate piece of paper.

Document check
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 01:47:56 AM »
Hi
Could you please check that I have all my documents!
This is in the order I have stacked everything

Application & appendix2
passport photos and 5 passports
Stamped biometrics  letter
My IHS reference number email
My IHS transaction confirmation email
VFS receipt for priority service
UPS return shipping label
Husbands (sponsor) letter to clearance Officer
Certified copy of his passport
Letter from friends we will be living with
Official Land registry document
Friends Mortgage statement
Friends marriage certificate as the name of his now wife's maiden name is on the land registry document
Signed Bank Statements showing savings from sale of house - last three months
Deed of purchase of property
Sale of property docs
One year of Electric bills in both our names
Letter explaining proof of marriage evidence covering 30 years
marriage cert
three photos - wedding,half way through the thirty years and current
tax returns -copy of 1987, letter from current accountant saying the 2004-2017 copies are from originals
daughters birth certificate - 1989
sons birth certificate - 1991
Copies of our wills dated 1996
Title insurance dated 2006 from a home we owned
registration from a car we both owned in 2002
Bill from a car we both owned in 2016
Three random cards with no dates on them

Packet of copies of everything

Does this look good??
Let me know - feel like I have accomplished a miracle lololol
Once again thanks for all your help!!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:09:40 PM by evcon »