Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 35M and 32F US-born Citizens exploring relocation to United Kingdom  (Read 566 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi folks! My wife and I have decided we want to relocate abroad for a variety of reasons, which are beyond the scope of this post. I work for a US-based high-tech multinational company which has a presence in the UK, and am exploring the best way to go about emigrating to the UK in a little less than one year from now. My background is in Systems Administration and data center engineering/operations, which I've been doing for the last 10+ years. My wife is a primary school teacher with an emphasis in mathematics, and has a minor in Spanish as well. She has taught Pre-K through second grade, and has been certificated here in California for a number of years.

If anyone has any suggestions on how my wife might be able to make use of her abilities in the UK, I'd be very appreciative.

I would also be interested in picking the brain of anyone who has entered the UK by way of a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa

• Liked: 4985
Re: 35M and 32F US-born Citizens exploring relocation to United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 08:41:32 AM »
If you obtain a Tier 2 ICT visa through your company, she could have a dependent visa and be able to work.  Though the UK working conditions for teachers makes the US look luxurious!  If you received a visa through your work, it would be a temporary move and would not lead to settlement.  Very few visas do these days as the UK is extremely anti-immigration.  I'd keep your options open and broad.  There are many more countries much more desirable for immigration.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:42:39 PM »
If you received a visa through your work, it would be a temporary move and would not lead to settlement.  Very few visas do these days as the UK is extremely anti-immigration.  I'd keep your options open and broad.  There are many more countries much more desirable for immigration.

I'm well aware of the environment within the UK. I just spent a month there, and if I listed off the anti-immigrant stuff that happened there whilst I was in the country, I'd be doing nothing else all day. I have business relations with a couple of UK-based companies, in addition to my day-job employer, which make it attractive for those reasons.

I do also realize that an ICT visa would not result with me ultimately obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain, but it's a starting point.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 04:48:06 PM »
I'm well aware of the environment within the UK. I just spent a month there, and if I listed off the anti-immigrant stuff that happened there whilst I was in the country, I'd be doing nothing else all day. I have business relations with a couple of UK-based companies, in addition to my day-job employer, which make it attractive for those reasons.

I do also realize that an ICT visa would not result with me ultimately obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain, but it's a starting point.

Don't do the ICT if you want to stay long term, as to apply for another visa you have to have a 12 month cooling off period outside of the UK.  I don't want to see you in me up in a situation you didn't foresee.

We had a member doing the Tier 1 recently but we haven't heard from him in a while to hear the status of it.  His user name is Superman if you want to look for his thread (January-ish this past year).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab