Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cookers  (Read 1591 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cookers
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »
Yes, heating element on top in the oven and a separate grill. No sense!

So... it is a UK thing?  How...?  Oh dear.  I'm going to have to shop carefully when we finally build our kitchen and pick out appliances.  I did not like that oven.  I never even attempted to bake cookies in it, because, how?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »
So... it is a UK thing?  How...?  Oh dear.  I'm going to have to shop carefully when we finally build our kitchen and pick out appliances.  I did not like that oven.  I never even attempted to bake cookies in it, because, how?
I would say yes, it's a UK thing as its a standard oven with hob. I hate it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »
Yes, heating element on top in the oven and a separate grill. No sense!

A lot of electric ovens here are convection ovens and have a fan. 🙂

I still prefer gas, but haven't had a gas oven or stove top yet.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 05:24:38 PM »
A lot of electric ovens here are convection ovens and have a fan.

I still prefer gas, but haven't had a gas oven or stove top yet.
No fans in these ovens. Just a heating element on top like it should be a broiler but it has a separate grill.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 05:26:48 PM »
I'm so glad to know other people love it! I always share it and never get feedback so I feared my taste might be different lol.

And having the IP waiting is a good idea. I already had DH get a small ninja blender on a previous trip because I also live on smoothies, but an instant pot and stick blender would be a good Amazon purchase ahead of time. He wanted to buy me a new laptop (I need one because mine is now a desktop with a broken screen, but it still works and I can't justify $1000 until I'm settled with a job) but I think these are more in our budget!

I bought my first IP when my crock pot died. It was a great investment :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hubby just bought me a Surface Pro 4 through the Amazon prime deals on Tuesday for under £500. It's my birthday present. Would normally have been £1k. And if I decide I don't like it, we'll save to get me a new MacBook.

You guys should keep your eye for some deals.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 05:28:42 PM »
No fans in these ovens. Just a heating element on top like it should be a broiler but it has a separate grill.

Broiler! That's the darn B word I couldn't remember the other day. Haha.

Well, that's ridiculous. Sorry you have a crap oven. My crappy old stove/oven on this house is at least a convection oven.

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 05:32:16 PM »
Never mind how tiny the oven is. I bought a cookie sheet to make Swiss rolls and it wouldn't even fit in the oven. Lol

I can't even fit a proper roasting pan with a big turkey in it.

It's like cooking with an Easy Bake Oven.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 05:34:45 PM »
Never mind how tiny the oven is. I bought a cookie sheet to make Swiss rolls and it wouldn't even fit in the oven. Lol

I can't even fit a proper roasting pan with a big turkey in it.

It's like cooking with an Easy Bake Oven.

I honestly have no idea how anyone could do Christmas dinner in a UK oven. It's ridiculous!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 05:56:30 PM »
I honestly have no idea how anyone could do Christmas dinner in a UK oven. It's ridiculous!

Not all UK ovens are the same size!  :)

After reading this thread, plus reading some other stuff on the internet about the Instant Pot... I am definitely getting one!  I replaced my old slow-cooker with a new one only a few months ago, but I don't care!  I NEED AN IP!!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:10:37 PM by Albatross »

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 06:22:29 PM »
Not all UK ovens are the same size!  :)

That's true. I haven't seen one the size of a normal US oven though. Haha.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »
Hubby just bought me a Surface Pro 4 through the Amazon prime deals on Tuesday for under £500. It's my birthday present. Would normally have been £1k. And if I decide I don't like it, we'll save to get me a new MacBook.

You guys should keep your eye for some deals.
$1000 was the low end of what I need, I use my laptop for computer music *and* data analytics for fun so it needs a fair amount of ram and a solid processor. I'm incredibly well versed in technology and can do my own repairs but if I'm gonna pay ~$500 for a new MacBook Pro screen I may as well just get a new computer because of its age.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 06:55:23 PM »
Ok, I have absolutely never heard of an instant pot.....but I think I might need one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 07:05:26 PM »
$1000 was the low end of what I need, I use my laptop for computer music *and* data analytics for fun so it needs a fair amount of ram and a solid processor. I'm incredibly well versed in technology and can do my own repairs but if I'm gonna pay ~$500 for a new MacBook Pro screen I may as well just get a new computer because of its age.

So true. I'm not sure if this Surface pro is gonna work for me, but I'm giving it a chance. I'm going to start getting into my photography so I'll have to see if it can handle what I need. ☺

And just on the off chance you didn't know, Mac sells refurbished products too. My friends gotten some great deals that way. They even come with the same 1 year warranty.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 07:09:07 PM »
I've always heard glowing reviews of the instant pot but don't want something else on the counter.  But our steamer is on the counter and falling apart...  this would replace that?  We steam a LOT.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »
I've always heard glowing reviews of the instant pot but don't want something else on the counter.  But our steamer is on the counter and falling apart...  this would replace that?  We steam a LOT.
I use it for steaming most of the time because I'm lazy and it's done super quickly for hard veggies (carrots, beets and potatoes mostly). I do still have a rice cooker though because I have a shelf I keep my kitchen gear on - if a curry is in the instant pot for 30 mins that's the perfect amount of time to also cook rice ;) And then both go in the dishwasher!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab