Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cookers  (Read 1589 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cookers
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »

And just on the off chance you didn't know, Mac sells refurbished products too. My friends gotten some great deals that way. They even come with the same 1 year warranty.

Oh yes, also aware of that but the # of hardware problems I had with this one means it's unlikely I'll buy a new or refurb mbp ever again. They've gone downhill on the hardware side and their software is no longer years ahead of other things on the market. But that's a discussion for another thread sometime ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 07:39:47 PM »
Not all UK ovens are the same size!  :)

After reading this thread, plus reading some other stuff on the internet about the Instant Pot... I am definitely getting one!  I replaced my old slow-cooker with a new one only a few months ago, but I don't care!  I NEED AN IP!!!

I've always heard glowing reviews of the instant pot but don't want something else on the counter.  But our steamer is on the counter and falling apart...  this would replace that?  We steam a LOT.

Ok, I have absolutely never heard of an instant pot.....but I think I might need one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You will be assimilated!!!!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:41:39 PM by phatbeetle »
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 07:44:59 PM »
What doesn't the Instant Pot do?

Well... I wouldn't cook bacon in it (unless it's chopped and you're using the saute function) and you can't bake cookies. Lol

But you can make cheesecake, lava cakes, creme brules, custard, yogurt, rice, porridge, meat, curries, boiled eggs, prove dough, and a whole host of other stuff. Heck, people are making tea in it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:47:12 PM by nctami72 »

• Liked: 585
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »
There's an Instant Pot community on FB (probably more than one, I just joined the first one I came across)... and have been amazed at the posts, pics & videos! 

• Liked: 768
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2017, 02:50:18 PM »
There's an Instant Pot community on FB (probably more than one, I just joined the first one I came across)... and have been amazed at the posts, pics & videos!
I belong to the 2 big ones maintained by Instant Pot... for the US and UK.

I made my first yogurt in it yesterday. Ridiculously easy and it tastes fantastic. I'm going to try it again with the UHT milk when I get back home from the states next week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 63
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
I got an IP as a gift a few months ago. My old crock pot still gets used, but I am gradually phasing it out.

Despite being an avid cook, I haven't fully incorporated the IP in my 'routine', but when I do use it, I keep thinking "I need to use this a lot more". I buy a ton of yogurt, but haven't made any yet, despite making my own about 45 years ago on a primitive little gizmo. Keep saying 'gotta try that'....

I really like the speed of the IP especially for tougher cuts of beef. It means my steak & ale pie mix always has tender beef. (I cook first, then pop in the oven with a puff pastry lid.) I've done a few curries, and again, the speed is great when I need to put a meal on the table. I make my own curry pastes, so that's usually a long drawn out process.

A friend in the US makes cheesecake in hers - says it's fantastic.
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab