Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Top causes of delay for priority applicants  (Read 427 times)

• Liked: 56
Top causes of delay for priority applicants
« on: July 20, 2017, 07:48:06 PM »
So I have been following the Priority timeline very closely. It seems the major cause of delays are financial proof, appendix and not including passport.
I also have seen people were given wrong advice or didn't use VFS. Could you please post what is holding up your process?

• Liked: 449
Re: Top causes of delay for priority applicants
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:16:04 PM »
So I have been following the Priority timeline very closely. It seems the major cause of delays are financial proof, appendix and not including passport.
I also have seen people were given wrong advice or didn't use VFS. Could you please post what is holding up your process?

The thing is there is so much misinformation and inconsistency from UKVI that it is very difficult to find many obvious patterns. There are trends, like it is quicker on average to get a priority decision for US applicants compared to a number of other countries, and it is quicker some months than others, and it is quicker if you happen to be in a grouping that are processed quickly to make the overall stats look better for that month.  But the delays are relatively random. For example, one delay was caused when a passport WAS included but UKVI mislaid that passport and did not mention this to the applicant until it was chased up weeks later by their MP. At the same time, there are plenty of people who have very quick turnarounds even though there are several mistakes with their applications - there was a couple who applied same time as we did who had missed out some key documents but DID manage to get them sent late and added (which theoretically we can't do) and get a decision in just 11 business days, compared to our so far 50-business days which may or may not have been influenced by one original statement being sent on late (a stamped internet copy was already included). Similarly people risked applying retroactively for priority and got reasonably quick decisions, and others waited much longer. Some people don't include labels and get asked for this and have no obvious delay as a result. Others include all required evidence, present it exactly as required and wait three months. I know that looking for patterns and things we can control helps, as I have been trying to do that too, but there is more chaos than logic from what I have seen here. I'd say using a solicitor probably makes a delay more likely  ::)
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 52
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »
The thing is there is so much misinformation and inconsistency from UKVI that it is very difficult to find many obvious patterns. There are trends, like it is quicker on average to get a priority decision for US applicants compared to a number of other countries, and it is quicker some months than others, and it is quicker if you happen to be in a grouping that are processed quickly to make the overall stats look better for that month.  But the delays are relatively random. For example, one delay was caused when a passport WAS included but UKVI mislaid that passport and did not mention this to the applicant until it was chased up weeks later by their MP. At the same time, there are plenty of people who have very quick turnarounds even though there are several mistakes with their applications - there was a couple who applied same time as we did who had missed out some key documents but DID manage to get them sent late and added (which theoretically we can't do) and get a decision in just 11 business days, compared to our so far 50-business days which may or may not have been influenced by one original statement being sent on late (a stamped internet copy was already included). Similarly people risked applying retroactively for priority and got reasonably quick decisions, and others waited much longer. Some people don't include labels and get asked for this and have no obvious delay as a result. Others include all required evidence, present it exactly as required and wait three months. I know that looking for patterns and things we can control helps, as I have been trying to do that too, but there is more chaos than logic from what I have seen here. I'd say using a solicitor probably makes a delay more likely  ::)

Great response, helps us that are waiting to stay hopeful and do the only thing in our control...wait!  We're on BD 32 and applied priority from USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 325
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »
I've recently made an observation that the first week of each new month seems to be the worst time to have docs arrive in Sheffield, and early in the third week seems to be the best.  This may have to do with metrics, where toward the end of the month, mid month apps are pulled and processed quickly to improve monthly stats.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:54:54 PM by Katoo »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab