Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tumble dryer  (Read 8887 times)

• Liked: 584
Re: Tumble dryer
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 10:16:07 AM »
Other trousers are available!!  ;) [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] ;)

My partner claims to have never owned a pair of jeans... he certainly hasn't had any in the 9 years I've known him.  And I haven't worn jeans in 25 years or more.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
Just to chime in, we too have a condenser dryer. We've had it for nearly 4 years now and it's worked pretty perfectly. It's a Whirlpool I believe and we got it from John Lewis with some vouchers we got. As other's mentioned, it doesn't use a vent so can pretty much be put anywhere! :) Highly recommend it!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »
Have you tried buying men's jeans?

I have an hourglass figure. Small waist, curvy hips. I always get the dreaded back gap in jeans, even ones from the US but I was never able to just pull them down. Haha. They'd be stopped by my butt. Not so here. The waist is a lot bigger.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 06:02:37 PM »

My partner claims to have never owned a pair of jeans... he certainly hasn't had any in the 9 years I've known him.  And I haven't worn jeans in 25 years or more.

Other trousers aren't as good for walking through brambles and brush with muddy dogs who jump on you. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 06:11:09 PM »

I'm now thinking you must be nudists!   ;D

I live in jeans!  Well, really jammies.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 02:21:30 AM »
I have the same figure type and problems as lyonaria.  If it fits the butt, it's enormous in the waist.

I used to wear the Sweetheart jeans from Old Navy but they discontinued.  Luckily right before they discontinued back in 2013 I bought like 5 pairs and the last of them only recently wore out.  I have a pretty good duplicate from style&co from Macy's.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 672
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »
My daughter is in the same situation - she'd have been completely "the style" if it was 1895, but now she has hell finding clothing that fits properly. Seriously, some of the men's jeans styles work as they have the extra fabric where it's not in women's jeans. And they tend to be a lot sturdier and longer-lasting than women's jeans, too.

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 09:56:39 AM »

I live in jeans!  Well, really jammies.

hahaha now that you mention it, it does sound suspiciously like nudism happening over there.... :p

I definitely feel everybody's pain about finding jeans that fit right. I refuse to believe anybody has an easy time buying jeans! My bigger issue is finding things for the upstairs! lol Anything that fits the chest area 9 times out of 10 is too big everywhere else and things that fit everywhere else is often times too tight for the chest area. It's infuriating. I hate clothes shopping (even if you couldn't tell that by how many clothes I actually have....)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 10:32:10 AM »

HAHA!!! Wouldn't be a good look on either of us!

No, my man wears cargo/hiking trousers all the time (except at work, when he wears dress/suit trousers).

I wear pyjamas/trackie bottoms in the house.  Outside-- whether to work, to the pub or to the shops, I wear dresses.  Maxi dresses or tunic/shorter dresses with leggings.  I know it's probably terribly unfashionable, but so comfortable and hides a multitude of sins.   ;D

We're 100% a no-jeans zone, but I do own a denim jacket!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:43:37 AM by Albatross »

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
hides a multitude of sins.  ;D

I'm stealing this going forward. I just giggled reading it hah

I don't think that sounds unfashionable! Leggings and tunics can actually be quite fashionable! :)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 10:48:55 AM »
Other trousers aren't as good for walking through brambles and brush with muddy dogs who jump on you. Haha.

I take your point, but my partner wears hiking trousers (Craghoppers,etc) which are MEANT for walking through brambles and brush... they're made of that rip-stop fabric.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 06:46:28 PM »

I wear pyjamas/trackie bottoms in the house.  Outside-- whether to work, to the pub or to the shops, I wear dresses.  Maxi dresses or tunic/shorter dresses with leggings.  I know it's probably terribly unfashionable, but so comfortable and hides a multitude of sins.   ;D

I'm all about comfort too!  All my jeans are stretchy!  ;D

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »
I'm all about comfort too!  All my jeans are stretchy!  ;D

I used to love jeggings because they were stretchy! I found that the kind I was buying, however, (the cheap kind) would lose  the ability to re-firm. After a year or two they would end up just sad and saggy but, because they are jeggings, they don't even always have belt loops to be able to wear a belt to keep them up. I started making sure I bought normal, skinny-fit jeans but ones that had more stretchy waistband. Never looked back since!

A friend introduced me to Bershka when we went into Westfields one day. Most of the clothing is not my style, but I find the jeans SOOO comfy. Just the right amount of stretch for me! :)  Totally team stretchy and comfy all the way!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 01:11:33 PM »
I'm all about comfort and not at all about fashion!

I do make an effort at work but that's only because they are paying me to be there.   :P

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »
I take your point, but my partner wears hiking trousers (Craghoppers,etc) which are MEANT for walking through brambles and brush... they're made of that rip-stop fabric.

I know what you mean. It's a fabric I highly dislike as it makes that sort of swishy noise when it rubs together. And believe me, it will rub together then I wear it. haha. I haven't had a thigh gap since I was fit back in 2012-2013.

I'm about feeling comfortably in what I'm wearing as well as confident. When I don't feel good about my hair and clothes, it's a blow to my self esteem.

I used to love jeggings because they were stretchy! I found that the kind I was buying, however, (the cheap kind) would lose  the ability to re-firm. After a year or two they would end up just sad and saggy but, because they are jeggings, they don't even always have belt loops to be able to wear a belt to keep them up. I started making sure I bought normal, skinny-fit jeans but ones that had more stretchy waistband. Never looked back since!

A friend introduced me to Bershka when we went into Westfields one day. Most of the clothing is not my style, but I find the jeans SOOO comfy. Just the right amount of stretch for me! :)  Totally team stretchy and comfy all the way!

I've got a pair of stretchy jeggings that I like but they literally work their way down my body as I walk. It's so annoying. Just like my normal skinny jeans. Honestly, it's got to be my body type. There's a 10 inch difference between my waist and my hips. Even in the States I was often pulling up my jeans, it just wasn't quite so bad.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab