Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Who wants to play pass the parcel?  (Read 80930 times)

• Liked: 424
Re: Who wants to play pass the parcel?
« Reply #765 on: March 20, 2018, 06:44:15 PM »
I’d sure do either or both!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 82
« Reply #766 on: March 20, 2018, 08:47:02 PM »
Umm confused as to how we would do a cookie exchange. Do we share with one person, with everyone?? If you share with everyone it will get stupid expensive with postage.

I'm down for secret Santa.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #767 on: March 20, 2018, 08:55:06 PM »
Umm confused as to how we would do a cookie exchange. Do we share with one person, with everyone?? If you share with everyone it will get stupid expensive with postage.

The only way for it to work would be if we shared with one person. We could do a share-down-the-line like with the pass the parcel, where we have a list of people and each one sends cookies to the next name on the list. OR, we could all list our specialty cookie and people could choose the person they want to send them cookies.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #768 on: March 21, 2018, 10:37:55 AM »
Not gonna lie, I was SOOO annoyed this year.  Our local meetup group had a cookie exchange scheduled and the host cancelled it the day of the event.  I had three dozen cookies that I couldn't even eat just sitting there that I had spent making.  I was not impressed....

I remember you saying. I think loads of us were willing to take them off your hands for you! :p haha

So what I'm hearing is that there's interest in a cookie exchange. I think this is definitely something we could do. It would be easier than Secret Santa because it wouldn't have to be a secret. Any takers? If so, I'll start a new thread for it.

Would happily do either but I'm in the US for Christmas so would do anything that would arrive before I fly out on the 19th.

The only way for it to work would be if we shared with one person. We could do a share-down-the-line like with the pass the parcel, where we have a list of people and each one sends cookies to the next name on the list. OR, we could all list our specialty cookie and people could choose the person they want to send them cookies.

Yeah the only other more expensive way to do it is to send out to everybody wanting the cookies individually but I imagine postage might be ridiculous on that! Either that or more local groups could get together in person but then that wouldn't let us all connect! :(
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #769 on: March 21, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »
Would happily do either but I'm in the US for Christmas so would do anything that would arrive before I fly out on the 19th.

I don't think you'd be alone in that, so I'm sure we could arrange to have things shipped the week before.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #770 on: March 21, 2018, 10:31:14 PM »
I'd do a Secret Santa but not a cookie exchange, it's for the best, trust me!  ;D

Same here, but mostly because I don't eat many sweets, and I don't have an oven, so I'd have to do some pathetic no-bake thing.  But if I could make cookies, they'd be awesome.  *assure*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:59:26 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #771 on: March 21, 2018, 11:43:38 PM »
Same here, but mostly because I don't eat many sweets, and I don't have an oven, so I'd have to do some pathetic no-bake thing.  But if I could make cookies, they'd be awesome.  *assure*
I unfortunately may be there with you unless my oven is replaced. Learned today the reason the temperature is way off is because the bottom burner doesn't turn on and it's not fan assisted. So I could broil some cookies

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #772 on: March 22, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
I unfortunately may be there with you unless my oven is replaced. Learned today the reason the temperature is way off is because the bottom burner doesn't turn on and it's not fan assisted. So I could broil some cookies

The oven in the house we were renting only had a top element.  I didn't bother baking in it.  I managed to make banana bread a few times, and I could do roast dinners in a dutch oven, but mostly things burned on top.  The oven leaned, so everything came out a bit lopsided, too.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #773 on: March 22, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »
The oven in the house we were renting only had a top element.  I didn't bother baking in it.  I managed to make banana bread a few times, and I could do roast dinners in a dutch oven, but mostly things burned on top.  The oven leaned, so everything came out a bit lopsided, too.
You had my oven? Lol

Mine is exactly the same down to the leaning! Cakes pour out one side of the tin and then I have a huge mess to clean up. I've given up baking all together.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 676
« Reply #774 on: March 22, 2018, 05:06:00 PM »

Oh dear lord!  :o

• Liked: 957
« Reply #775 on: March 22, 2018, 07:34:25 PM »
This is fairly level, but the heating element isn't even either :( no baking for me. I'm thoroughly disappointed because I'd just found the things I needed for attempting to bake what I wanted and missed. AND... I started my day with an email from amazon saying the instant pot was back in stock, but it had sold out again by the time I saw the message. I may have to try another electric pressure cooker brand because no oven and a horrible uneven electric range is gonna drive me batty fast.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Dominicano en Birmingham, UK
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #776 on: March 26, 2018, 04:40:55 PM »
@JennyEye can let me know if the package had been sent please.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #777 on: March 26, 2018, 04:46:24 PM »
Had the jiffy corn bread last night with some chilli
Yum

« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2018, 04:50:07 PM »
@JennyEye can let me know if the package had been sent please.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Not yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Been absolutely slammed at work and haven't taken lunch. In the middle of a restructure and I'm a union rep, so I have had no time

« Reply #779 on: March 27, 2018, 12:42:30 PM »
Parcel on its way. 13 freaking pound as it was over 2kg

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab