Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: California girl to Warwickshire  (Read 545 times)

• "Love is patient..."
  • Liked: 9
California girl to Warwickshire
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:29:26 AM »
Hello!,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am here because Ive married a Brit! <3 We met August 2011 during his study abroad program at my university. I met him the night before the first day of classes and less than two months later we were bf/gf. :) Over the past (almost) 6 years, we've been visiting each other back and forth. I even did my own study abroad semester at his university. Nov 2016 we decided that I would go and spend the whole 6 months allowed with the visitor visa in England with him, to see if our relationship was viable enough for a future. Of course it was :) and in April we were engaged. I returned to cali in May and in June we set a wedding date for July. We were married less than two weeks ago on July 14th :D <3. Now, I am here to get advice and to meet other fellow pond jumpers haha
“ For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice.”
– John Burroughs

US wife, UK Husband
Met-Aug 2011
Married-July 2017
Online App submitted-8/19/17
Passport returned-10/4/17
Decision-Approved!!

• Liked: 6110
Re: California girl to Warwickshire
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 05:57:18 AM »
Hello!,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am here because Ive married a Brit! <3 We met August 2011 during his study abroad program at my university. I met him the night before the first day of classes and less than two months later we were bf/gf. :) Over the past (almost) 6 years, we've been visiting each other back and forth. I even did my own study abroad semester at his university. Nov 2016 we decided that I would go and spend the whole 6 months allowed with the visitor visa in England with him, to see if our relationship was viable enough for a future. Of course it was :) and in April we were engaged. I returned to cali in May and in June we set a wedding date for July. We were married less than two weeks ago on July 14th :D <3. Now, I am here to get advice and to meet other fellow pond jumpers haha

Hi Socalstef! Congratulations on the wedding!  :)

You're going to need to get a spouse visa so that you can join your husband in the UK.
Here's the starting point, in case you've not already come across it.  :)

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/overview

• "Love is patient..."
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 06:24:33 AM »
Hi Socalstef! Congratulations on the wedding!  :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! :) yes my husband (still sounds weird haha) and I have come across the site and have been doing research. Ive spent the last few hours reading and learning as much as I can on this site. Ive made an account on the uk visa site but have not yet started the application. It feels like a big and scary moment. Approaching it with a good dose of apprehension.  haha
“ For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice.”
– John Burroughs

US wife, UK Husband
Met-Aug 2011
Married-July 2017
Online App submitted-8/19/17
Passport returned-10/4/17
Decision-Approved!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome! :) yes my husband (still sounds weird haha) and I have come across the site and have been doing research. Ive spent the last few hours reading and learning as much as I can on this site. Ive made an account on the uk visa site but have not yet started the application. It feels like a big and scary moment. Approaching it with a good dose of apprehension.  haha

While it's fine to start your application, you can save it as you go, do NOT submit it until you have all your supporting evidence completely ready to be sent for processing.
It takes most people a minimum of several weeks of research and gathering documents to make sure they have the best chance of success.
When you're ready with any specific questions, we're happy to help over in the visa section.  :)

• Liked: 676
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »
Hi Stef, welcome aboard from another SoCal expat, recently arrived!

• Liked: 20
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 01:19:10 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  Warwickshire is a nice part of the world, I hope you get there soon.

Sponsored Links