Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: We're all going on a summer holiday!  (Read 2834 times)

• Liked: 4985
We're all going on a summer holiday!
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »
Where are you going this summer (or where have you been)?

We are going to Florida for 2 weeks (my parents house).  We usually go in February each year but squeezing in this trip this year.  We usually go somewhere in Europe in the summer.  But with the new baby, Florida was easiest.  We don't have to rent a car, worry about car seats, cot, anything.  Long flight but once we are there we are DONE!

My only anxiety is food, as my parents love to eat out.  But my mega-allergy family makes that no fun!  Just need my mom to understand.   :P  My dad won't care.

Thinking of doing a day at Disney (daughter is nearly 3.5).  We will probably decide after we are there depending on how hot it is.

My husband and I have a date night to see Ed Sheeran!

• Liked: 768
Re: We're all going on a summer holiday!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:47:32 PM »
Been doing several mini staycations... Oban, Iona, Mull, Staffa, Aberdeen,  Ayr, Troon, Arran and next week we are going to Amsterdam for a few days.

My husband doesn't know we are going yet. It will be a surprise when we get to the airport.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »
Been doing several mini staycations... Oban, Iona, Mull, Staffa, Aberdeen,  Ayr, Troon, Arran and next week we are going to Amsterdam for a few days.

My husband doesn't know we are going yet. It will be a surprise when we get to the airport.

Ooooo!  I've been the surprisee a few times and it's so fun!  Also fun to do the planning and surprising.   :D

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »
That's a great idea!  Be sure to take a canal boat ride and see the Van Gogh museum.  I've never been to the Anne Frank museum, but judging by my experience in Krakow, if you insist on going, make sure it's the last day.  Cause it's depressing as hell.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »
Ooooo!  I've been the surprisee a few times and it's so fun!  Also fun to do the planning and surprising.   :D
I've surprised him the last few times. All he gets to know is that we are going somewhere.

Last weekend I surprised him with an overnight stay on a converted fishing trawler in Troon. You should have seen his face when I typed in the gate code at the marina. He just thought we were eating dinner at the restaurant next to the marina.

He's like a little kid. The excitement is just so cute. He's been dying to go on an airplane.

He thinks we are going to the Northeast coast of Scotland and we have to pick up the rental car at the airport.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »
My son - he's 4 - watches the cartoon Go Jetters. The Eiffel Tower featured prominently in one of the episodes, and once he found out how close it is he wanted to go see it. So in about a month we're going to take a ferry to France, stay in a campsite outside Paris for a few days, and go into the city so he can see the tower.  :)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »
Last weekend I surprised him with an overnight stay on a converted fishing trawler in Troon. You should have seen his face when I typed in the gate code at the marina. He just thought we were eating dinner at the restaurant next to the marina.

He's like a little kid. The excitement is just so cute. He's been dying to go on an airplane.

Oh my gosh, he sounds like my husband!  I can't wait 'til we can do these sorts of things!  I mean, our five year plan (*nod to the person who started that thread*) is to make our home so nice that we do not want to go places.  But sometimes you just want to do something different and awesome.  And my husband would be so cute about a surprise like that.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 49
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 04:01:30 PM »

Have fun! I am thinking of a quick trip myself to Clearwater to see my sister and fam. Feeling this may be my last trip and it will take my mind off of the decision making stress weeks as I should be ready to submit our documents the second week of Aug! Deeeepp breaths!!! Have a fin time! Ally could not believe how "bright" it was  and the huge American flags! He loved having an American Thanksgiving with me!xo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »
My son - he's 4 - watches the cartoon Go Jetters. The Eiffel Tower featured prominently in one of the episodes, and once he found out how close it is he wanted to go see it. So in about a month we're going to take a ferry to France, stay in a campsite outside Paris for a few days, and go into the city so he can see the tower.  :)

Oh, I bet it will be so magical!

We are already looking ahead to next years holiday (my daughter will start Reception in Sept 2018).  We went to a Eurocamp in Italy last summer and LOVED it.  Will likely do another one.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »
Oh my gosh, he sounds like my husband!  I can't wait 'til we can do these sorts of things!  I mean, our five year plan (*nod to the person who started that thread*) is to make our home so nice that we do not want to go places.  But sometimes you just want to do something different and awesome.  And my husband would be so cute about a surprise like that.
It's such a test of my resolve because I am horrible at keeping secrets BUT I have found it so easy to trick him because I can tell my kids about what I am planning. Then I can lie to him with a straight face. Lol. That sounds horrible.

We've only been married for a couple of months so he doesn't know how far I will go to plan a surprise.

When we were on the train to Oban I fell asleep. He kept jarring me awake with his squealing about the scenery. "I know, I know... sheep. A loch."

But it is the best fun ever.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »
I've surprised him the last few times. All he gets to know is that we are going somewhere.

He thinks we are going to the Northeast coast of Scotland and we have to pick up the rental car at the airport.

Do you do the packing?

My ex would have me pack one suitcase with winter stuff and one with summer stuff and put the appropriate bag in the car.  Such good memories!

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »
Have fun! I am thinking of a quick trip myself to Clearwater to see my sister and fam. Feeling this may be my last trip and it will take my mind off of the decision making stress weeks as I should be ready to submit our documents the second week of Aug! Deeeepp breaths!!! Have a fin time! Ally could not believe how "bright" it was  and the huge American flags! He loved having an American Thanksgiving with me!xo

Clearwater is where I'm from!  And where I'm going!

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »
Do you do the packing?

My ex would have me pack one suitcase with winter stuff and one with summer stuff and put the appropriate bag in the car.  Such good memories!
No. He packs his own bag. He only wears one thing anyway. Black long sleeve shirts and jeans. Nothing else to decide on.

I'll have to be a little more clever though since we are taking a flight with only carry ons. I'm going to have to discreetly remove his full size beauty products.

Or better yet, I'll just go buy his creams and lotions in travel size.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 04:13:11 PM »
No. He packs his own bag. He only wears one thing anyway. Black long sleeve shirts and jeans. Nothing else to decide on.

I'll have to be a little more clever though since we are taking a flight with only carry ons. I'm going to have to discreetly remove his full size beauty products.

Or better yet, I'll just go buy his creams and lotions in travel size.

Ugh, my husband ALWAYS forgets:
Sunglasses
Hat
Sunscreen
Headphones
Deodorant
Toothbrush charger

Yet he packs FOUR pairs of his massive size 12 shoes.  Meanwhile I wear a single pair of flip flops.  DONE!

• Liked: 49
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
Clearwater is where I'm from!  And where I'm going!
I am planning my trip around Sept. I want to see Depeche Mode with my sister! I figure that is about the time they will be deciding our fate and I'll be pacing the floor! That is so cool! Small world! I am a DC native but my sis and her kids are there. We thought about moving there but it worked better for me to come to Edinburgh. There is a restraunt I think in Tampa that caught my eye called Mad Dogs and Englishmen! Maybe they will have some familiar eats for your crew!xx

Sponsored Links