Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BREXIT  (Read 3345 times)

• Liked: 223
Re: BREXIT
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 02:07:36 PM »
The process to apply for settled status will be streamlined and user friendly...

::)

Yeah, right.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 342
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »

Yeah, right.

It will be, compared to the 80(?) page document the UK use now for DCPR and PRCs. Some  EU citizens have complained that they can't work out how to fill that in. There is a shorter version, but some still struggle.

TBH, the UK form had to change. You could't get anything written in more simple terms than the EU 2004 Directive, that people had to follow at all times to be lawfully in another country, yet some still couldn't understand that! 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:41:21 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 56
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 06:47:41 AM »

Yeah, right.

Didn't they try to upgrade the computer systems in the Home Office or Immigration around 2006 or so and that was a massive cluster all around and was never actually properly implemented?

2017 and we are still sending in paper-based "evidence".

• Liked: 533
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 07:07:25 AM »
Didn't they try to upgrade the computer systems in the Home Office or Immigration around 2006 or so and that was a massive cluster all around and was never actually properly implemented?

It seems like "upgrade", "streamline", etc are now code for "give expensive IT contracts  to people who will later give you a spot on the Board". See universal credit.

But it is looking now like the Government's brinkmanship is beginning to soften. Talk now is of a lengthy transition period. Maybe morphing into something more permanent. Who knows?

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 676
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »
Well, my Masters was in Public Administration (applied government bureaucracy/ systems), so if they wanna give me a job implementing a teensy bit of this.....   ::) ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 11:47:26 AM »
Well, my Masters was in Public Administration (applied government bureaucracy/ systems), so if they wanna give me a job implementing a teensy bit of this.....   ::) ;D

Do they teach you in school how to give people the run around?   :P

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 12:46:30 PM »

The onus is always in the immigrant to follow the rules that allows them to be in that country and to be able to prove that if they want to enter and stay.

The ironic thing is that UKVI can already check most things that they try to claim and there are always posts where people have got a ban for using deception, either caught at the time or caught years later. The UK has been bringing in a lot of new laws and new systems since 2011.

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 12:55:19 PM »

;D Your Masters might be an overkill. The EU might employ you to show people how to understand their Directive on the free movement of people, so that these can then "lawfully" be  in another EEA country with their Family Members.

You read it, can you make it any easier than-

you must be a qualifed person at all times

Then the Directive goes on to list what their different types of their qualified person are. Under to be  their 'student qualifed person' or 'self sufficient qualified person' it's written something like-

you must not be a burden to another countries social secutiry and you must have Comprehensice Sickness Insurance.?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:44:42 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 07:21:26 PM »
Just got this email blast from the Home Office:

"The Home Secretary has today asked the Government’s independent advisers on migration, the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), to complete a detailed assessment of the role of EU citizens in the UK economy and society.

The MAC, which comprises a group of internationally recognised experts in their field, will examine the British labour market, the overall role of migration in the wider economy and how the UK’s immigration system should be aligned with a modern industrial strategy.

UK governments'  always ask the MAC to look at immigration and many new rules for visas, visas closing and welfare cuts, have been based on the findings of the MAC (Migration Advisory Committee).
i.e.
Just last year we saw the Tier 2 visa changes announced after the MAC review, that then took effect from the end of last year and this year.
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=87387.0
The bringing in of a two child limit for welfare this year, was also based on the findings of the MAC.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 07:39:39 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 10:27:28 AM »
Do they teach you in school how to give people the run around?   :P

I specialized in sorting out how to get regulations from two (or more) different agencies to intersect in such a way as to make it impossible to comply with either/all of the requirements.   8)

[I'm a "process" wonk. Or, rather, was.]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:33:33 AM by Nan D. »

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »
;D Your Masters might be an overkill. The EU might employ you to show people how to understand their Directive on the free movement of people, so that these can then "lawfully" be  in another EEA country with their Family Members.

You read it, can you make it any easier than-

you must be a qualifed person at all times

Then the Directive goes on to list what their different types of their qualified person are. Under to be  their 'student qualifed person' or 'self sufficient qualified person' it's written something like-

you must not be a burden to another countries social secutiry and you must have Comprehensice Sickness Insurance.?

I also have a degree in what basically translates into as Elementary School Education. So I'm used to speaking slowly, clearly, and repetitively. AND setting up arrangements that funnel the audience into doing what they are supposed to do while making it seem like their own idea to do it.  But then, I've been working with Professors in a Human Resources capacity for the last decade, so.... pretty much the same thing, when it comes down to it.   ;)

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
I specialized in sorting out how to get regulations from two (or more) different agencies to intersect in such a way as to make it impossible to comply with either/all of the requirements.   8)

Except that the EU's Directive and the UK's "visas", are both tick box exercises, athough they have different ways in which they are implemented.

The EUs Residence Card does not give the holder any rights as these cards are merely declarative. If the EEA citizen is being an EU  "qualified person" at the time they apply for an RC, then they and all their family members get an EU RC for that country. However the EU's RC is given in expectation that the EEA citizen (their EEA citizen sponsor) will remain a "qualified person" every day, as required under the EU's Directive.

If the EEA citizen fails to follow the Directive/ stops being a "qualifed person", then their RC become invalid as does the RCs of all their family members who they sponsor. Any non-EEA citizen family members they have, have lost theiir right to work (and live) in that EEA country. The end date on the EU's RC means nothing as these cards do not give the holder any rights.

Whereas unlike the EU's RC, the UK's "visa" gives the holder rights. Those who lose their sponsor can still live in the UK with the same rights their visa gives them, until the end date of their visa. i.e.  work, bill free use of the NHS. They remain lawfully in the UK until their visa ends.

That lawful time in the UK for those on a "visa" can be extended after their visa end date, with the same rights their visa gave them, if they put in a valid "visa" application before their visa ends, They can do this under 3c of the the UK's Immgiration act 1971. This means they are not an overstayer. The EU Directive does not have anything like this.

It's quite simple.  :) Two different routes and  foreign nationals must follow the rules of the route they are on. The UK does not regard an Irish citizen as a foreign national.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:45:39 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »

They pay people to do that,... on purpose?  :o

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 01:38:04 AM »
They pay people to do that,... on purpose?  :o

;)

Actually, it was more like my research was in ferreting out such situations and writing them up. Found  some real doozies.... ::)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab