Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Healthcare Surcharge for Spouse Visa  (Read 967 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Healthcare Surcharge for Spouse Visa
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 09:09:28 PM »
Thanks! I'm a bit confused though. Is the total $227, or is it $141.00 plus the $227.00. :)

$227

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 09:11:16 PM »
Thanks! I'm a bit confused though. Is the total $227, or is it $141.00 plus the $227.00. :)

No, it's either $141 or $227... you choose which one you want to purchase.

- If you want to purchase just the RETURN label (shipping back from Sheffield only), it's $141... and then you have to sort out the outbound shipping yourself by taking it to UPS or DHL.

- If you want to purchase ROUND TRIP shipping, which gives you both outbound UPS shipping to Sheffield and return UPS shipping back from Sheffield, it's $227.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:12:17 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 14
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »
No, it's either $141 or $227... you choose which one you want to purchase.

- If you want to purchase just the RETURN label (shipping back from Sheffield only), it's $141... and then you have to sort out the outbound shipping yourself by taking it to UPS or DHL.

- If you want to purchase ROUND TRIP shipping, which gives you both outbound UPS shipping to Sheffield and return UPS shipping back from Sheffield, it's $227.

Thanks for clearing that up! Just want to make sure I got it all right . . .
The priority service is $738.00, and that does NOT include the shipping. Correct?

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up! Just want to make sure I got it all right . . .
The priority service is $738.00, and that does NOT include the shipping. Correct?

That's correct, although the priority service has just gone up to $749.

It's £551, but they adjust the exchange rate every couple of months so the US dollar amount changes.

You can purchase:

Settlement Priority Processing, $749
This will get your application put to the front of the processing line when it arrives in Sheffield (behind other priority applications but ahead of non-priority). The service only applies AFTER you have shipped the package to Sheffield.

Return shipping label, $121
This is for return shipping from Sheffield back to the US only

Round trip shipping label, £227
This is for shipping to and from Sheffield

So you can pay:
$749 + $141 (priority and return shipping)
or
$749 + $227 (priority and round trip shipping)
or
$749 (priority processing only)
or
$141 (return shipping only)
or
$227 (round trip shipping only)

If you are going to purchase both priority processing and shipping, I would do it in one transaction, because people who have tried to purchase them separately have encountered errors on the website and it hasn't let them make 2 transactions using the same application number.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 10:15:34 PM »
That's correct, although the priority service has just gone up to $749.

It's £551, but they adjust the exchange rate every couple of months so the US dollar amount changes.

You can purchase:

Settlement Priority Processing, $749
This will get your application put to the front of the processing line when it arrives in Sheffield (behind other priority applications but ahead of non-priority). The service only applies AFTER you have shipped the package to Sheffield.

Return shipping label, $121
This is for return shipping from Sheffield back to the US only

Round trip shipping label, £227
This is for shipping to and from Sheffield

So you can pay:
$749 + $141 (priority and return shipping)
or
$749 + $227 (priority and round trip shipping)
or
$749 (priority processing only)
or
$141 (return shipping only)
or
$227 (round trip shipping only)

If you are going to purchase both priority processing and shipping, I would do it in one transaction, because people who have tried to purchase them separately have encountered errors on the website and it hasn't let them make 2 transactions using the same application number.
Great! That makes sense. Would I purchase priority and shipping when applying online, or would I purchase that separately?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »
Great! That makes sense. Would I purchase priority and shipping when applying online, or would I purchase that separately?

They're managed by a separate company, vfsglobal. So the steps you take are - confirm the online application, pay the IHS Surcharge, and pay the application fee. Then you are e-mailed the link to VFSGlobal for purchasing priority and/or shipping labels.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 10:23:16 PM »
They're managed by a separate company, vfsglobal. So the steps you take are - confirm the online application, pay the IHS Surcharge, and pay the application fee. Then you are e-mailed the link to VFSGlobal for purchasing priority and/or shipping labels.

Perfect! My fiance and I are trying to figure everything out money-wise, and it gets confusing with the exchange. Do you know, if VFS Global charges in dollars or pounds?

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »
Perfect! My fiance and I are trying to figure everything out money-wise, and it gets confusing with the exchange. Do you know, if VFS Global charges in dollars or pounds?

Everything you pay is charged in dollars  - the visa fee, the IHS surcharge, priority processing and shipping.

Most of the prices are set in GBP but then converted and charged in USD at a fixed exchange rate.

See here for the VFS Global site:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab