Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Already resident for 14 years- shipping my stuff from the US  (Read 542 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello Folks,
The time has come, my parents are downsizing. I moved to the UK 14 years ago as an unintentional expat. Time has passed, I'm married to a Brit, with a toddler and now my parents in the US are moving. I still have belongings I'd like to move over, that earlier in my life I couldn't afford to move, nor had the certainty that I'd be staying in the UK to motivate the move. Most are of sentimental value, but are bulky all the same: my great-grandma's four-poster bed and dresser; a large picture frame another great-grandmother painted; a record collection. Plus some other odds and ends I'd like my daughter to have. What is the most economical way to move these items? I'm not pressed for time, so literal shipping is not a problem. However, I don't have the luxury of being on hand to pack up everything in situ in the US. My folks live in Nebraska. Any advice my fellow expats?

• Liked: 957
Re: Already resident for 14 years- shipping my stuff from the US
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:13:43 PM »
Following the advice of Nan D i got a shipping quote from these guys: http://www.rainieros.com/

They include packing in their quotes. :)

I'm not sure about the import taxes though and you'll probably want to consider that aspect. For those of us just moving we need to complete a Transfer of Residence form that is good for 12 months, but I'm not sure if that applies to someone already resident in the UK for quite some time.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab