Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Traveling on a Fiance visa?  (Read 1541 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: Traveling on a Fiance visa?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
I got married in Scotland. I had my official marriage certificate the day I registered our wedding. And I believe you have only 3 days to register the wedding with the registrar after the wedding.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 111
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 10:17:58 PM »
That's good to know!

We've decided to postpone signing the legal paperwork until we get back from the celebration in America and the honeymoon ... which means we're up to three wedding ceremonies. I suppose we'll have ample proof of our commitment!
Lived in Manchester - Sept. '15-October '16
Moved back to US: Nov '16
Online App Submitted: 10 April '17
Biometric Appt: 5 May '17
Documents Mailed: 12 May '17
Confirmation Email from Sheffield: 10 May '17
Decision Email: Recv'd 26 July '17 (Dated 24 July)
Visa: Recv'd 28 July  :D

• Liked: 768
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 10:25:05 PM »
That's good to know!

We've decided to postpone signing the legal paperwork until we get back from the celebration in America and the honeymoon ... which means we're up to three wedding ceremonies. I suppose we'll have ample proof of our commitment!
How does that work in regards to your marriage schedule with the council? What kind of wedding are you having?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 10:32:37 PM »
We'll amend it to have the legal ceremony at the registry office.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 11:56:02 PM »
Sudden panic (as one does) - we are planning to honeymoon abroad after our wedding in Scotland - will I be able to re-enter the UK on my vignette? I assumed so, because it's valid for 6 months, but you know what they say about assuming...

Hello. I got married in May and went to my honeymoon in the next day and manage to come back ok to the country. Even the officer at the border said it was fine and that after married I could start queuing with my husband at the UK passports queue. Only in Thailand, the Air company staff was a bit suspicious of allowing me to board without the BRP card. But the Fiancée Visa itself allows multiple entries, so in the end I was fine. I hope you sort it out your situation.

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 11:24:57 PM »
But the Fiancée Visa itself allows multiple entries, so in the end I was fine.

The fiancee visa allows multiple entries while you're a fiancee. Once you're not a fiancee, you no longer meet the conditions of the visa.

You were lucky you got a lenient border agent and hopefully that won't come back to bite you later.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 11:27:31 PM »
The fiancee visa allows multiple entries while you're a fiancee. Once you're not a fiancee, you no longer meet the conditions of the visa.

You were lucky you got a lenient border agent and hopefully that won't come back to bite you later.

I have got the new visa already, but thanks very much.

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 08:39:45 AM »
Update: we spoke to our local registrars office, and our officiant spoke to hers, and they both advise that we don't sign a marriage schedule until we're back from america (as most of your suggested). So we're having a blessing service in church, which includes some careful language (we can exchange vows, but can't use "marriage", "husband", or "wife"), and our officiant (who is now just leading the service and not truly officiating) has to give a disclaimer so that guests know it's an informal blessing, not a legal wedding. Then we're off to America to be blessed with my family, then back home to sign a schedule with witnesses, and then we can apply for FLE(M). . . So for those counting, that's 3 wedding celebrations. I'm glad I picked a comfortable dress!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 08:52:51 AM »
Update: we spoke to our local registrars office, and our officiant spoke to hers, and they both advise that we don't sign a marriage schedule until we're back from america (as most of your suggested). So we're having a blessing service in church, which includes some careful language (we can exchange vows, but can't use "marriage", "husband", or "wife"), and our officiant (who is now just leading the service and not truly officiating) has to give a disclaimer so that guests know it's an informal blessing, not a legal wedding. Then we're off to America to be blessed with my family, then back home to sign a schedule with witnesses, and then we can apply for FLE(M). . . So for those counting, that's 3 wedding celebrations. I'm glad I picked a comfortable dress!

At least you'll be able to say you got to wear your dress again... and again!   ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
I'm glad I picked a comfortable dress!

Even more importantly, how are the shoes?  ;D

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
Even more importantly, how are the shoes?  ;D

Two pairs - both suitable for dancing!

• Liked: 449
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 02:10:26 AM »

I think you should just keep it on the whole time really, like an extended wedding.  :P
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 07:01:34 AM »
Update to the update: we're home from our travels and I had no trouble at the airport. This last Saturday was the one Saturday in four that we didn't have a wedding celebration of some description. Our legal wedding is this weekend, and then DF can officially officially be DH. Still haven't decided what I'm wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 210
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 07:36:56 AM »
Glad it worked out! Happy nuptials!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 08:28:58 AM »
Update to the update: we're home from our travels and I had no trouble at the airport. This last Saturday was the one Saturday in four that we didn't have a wedding celebration of some description. Our legal wedding is this weekend, and then DF can officially officially be DH. Still haven't decided what I'm wearing.

Wow! That takes a *lot of stamina!  :D Have (another) great wedding!  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab