Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 555 times)

• Liked: 75
Hello Everyone!
« on: July 31, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
Hi!

I stumbled upon this forum because I will be going through the visa process soon. I am BEYOND happy that I have found all of you!

I just recently married my Brit on July 1st. We have been in a relationship since 2014 after having met in 2003 on a doodle chat and then finally meeting in person when I studied abroad in Newcastle, England in 2007. So, this has been a very long time coming! I will become a US expat and I will be moving to the city of Hull hopefully in the next coming months! Shooting for February at the latest but hoping to get a good visa decision well before then.

Right now I don't have too much to offer the forums, I'm really just going to be sifting through advice and absorbing as much information as I can. I am hoping to meet some Americans who are living and working in the North of England. I'd like to know more about the process of getting a job, is it hard with a spouse visa? Are you treated any differently etc.

I am just so happy to have found all of you and I hope I can be of use to members in the future! So thank you, thank you for all of your help in advance!!  :)
Met: 2003
Started Relationship: December 2014
Married: July 2017
Visa Application: 9/9/17
Biometrics: 9/12/17
Application mailed: 9/13/17
Received by UKVI: 9/15/17
Decision email: 10/4/17
Decision: APPROVED!!! Rec’d documents 10/9/17

• Liked: 6110
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »
Hi!

I stumbled upon this forum because I will be going through the visa process soon. I am BEYOND happy that I have found all of you!

I just recently married my Brit on July 1st. We have been in a relationship since 2014 after having met in 2003 on a doodle chat and then finally meeting in person when I studied abroad in Newcastle, England in 2007. So, this has been a very long time coming! I will become a US expat and I will be moving to the city of Hull hopefully in the next coming months! Shooting for February at the latest but hoping to get a good visa decision well before then.

Just be aware that during the application process you will be asked for an intended date of travel. That date can only be up to 3 months from the date of your online application.
The entry visa is only made valid for 30 days (from this date or the date of the decision if this is later) during which time you have to enter the UK.

• Liked: 75
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »
Thanks so much for that! I have to enter the country within 28 days of receiving the visa correct? So if I were to get the visa in October I will need to be in the country by November. That's really good to know. I really thought I knew at least a decent amount of information about this visa process but finding out I am so in the dark on everything. The timing of everything is really throwing me off.
Met: 2003
Started Relationship: December 2014
Married: July 2017
Visa Application: 9/9/17
Biometrics: 9/12/17
Application mailed: 9/13/17
Received by UKVI: 9/15/17
Decision email: 10/4/17
Decision: APPROVED!!! Rec’d documents 10/9/17

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 02:15:13 PM »
Thanks so much for that! I have to enter the country within 28 days of receiving the visa correct? So if I were to get the visa in October I will need to be in the country by November. That's really good to know. I really thought I knew at least a decent amount of information about this visa process but finding out I am so in the dark on everything. The timing of everything is really throwing me off.

The timing is tricky but you have to enter within the validity period of the visa which is 30 days. By the time it travels back to you, depending on the timing and the date that you put, some of that time could have already gone by so in practice, the time available can be less than 30 days.
We generally recommend for the intended travel date giving the first day that you know you'll be ready to travel.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:22:27 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 07:40:01 AM »
Welcome!! I went to Hull last year when my hubby and I visited the family in Sheffield. Very interesting place!
Met online: 2000
Met in real life: 2006
Married: 2010
Oct 13, 2017: Husband left for UK

• Liked: 59
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 09:47:52 PM »
Hi Eli! Welcome to the forums. Everyone here knows so so much - take advantage of that! It's such a stressful period, and (almost) all of us have been there and survived ;D

• Liked: 20
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:10:54 PM »
Welcome to the forums Eli!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab