Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Summer Camp  (Read 2472 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Summer Camp
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
Thanks guys, I now want to go back and watch very old Nick shows....

Who wouldn't? I'd go back to 10 years old on a heartbeat!

I did cut off my bangs though... that was embarrassing.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 01:14:17 PM »
Who wouldn't? I'd go back to 10 years old on a heartbeat!

I did cut off my bangs though... that was embarrassing.

Me! I would not go back to 10 years old or awkward high school for all the money in the world.  I really dislike that kind of organised popularity contest stuff. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »
Me! I would not go back to 10 years old or awkward high school for all the money in the world.  I really dislike that kind of organised popularity contest stuff.

I definitely wouldn't want to go back and actually relive my past, but I would like to watch all those old shows again :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 06:08:04 PM »
Ha. I'd just love to be 10 again. Doesn't have to be my 10. Haha. Getting recess, school was easy. I learned how to spell Bosnia-herzegovina that year.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
My 10 year old boy went to this wilderness camp two weeks ago and met a girl.  On Saturday they started talking in the phone and both put their moms on the phone to arrange a meet up
We are all going to meet in London on Thursday

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 12:36:31 PM »
My 10 year old boy went to this wilderness camp two weeks ago and met a girl.  On Saturday they started talking in the phone and both put their moms on the phone to arrange a meet up
We are all going to meet in London on Thursday

I have one friend who met her husband from going to summer camp together as campers. They have been married like 12 years now and have been a couple for like 22 years other something like.  Crazy.  So you never know, hehehehe.
My sister met her husband when they both were counselors together at summer camp too. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »
Hey Phatbeetle, I got your package and you are the greatest!  I'm letting my prize sit in the fridge before I give it a go.  I'll let you know the outcome.  I've sent your box back with some wonders from Tesco.  Thanks.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 12:54:41 PM »
Hey Phatbeetle, I got your package and you are the greatest!  I'm letting my prize sit in the fridge before I give it a go.  I'll let you know the outcome.  I've sent your box back with some wonders from Tesco.  Thanks.

Glad it made it! I hope it's worth the wait. 
Aww, thanks, you're awesome for sending me something back!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
Yesterday I asked my boy which camp he liked best, the wilderness camp where he got filthy or PGL that was more like a corporate retreat.  He liked the wilderness camp much more. 
They had a big music festival on the grounds  the next weekend that David Cameron attended.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
I have one friend who met her husband from going to summer camp together as campers. They have been married like 12 years now and have been a couple for like 22 years other something like.  Crazy.  So you never know, hehehehe.
My sister met her husband when they both were counselors together at summer camp too.

I was a camper at a camp that I later worked at. As a camper, I remember trying to guess which counselors were secret couples (they let us in on the secret at the end of the week) and as a staff member, being in on the secrets. Lots goes on outside camper hours. ::)

One of the counselor couples and I later had a connection totally unrelated to camp and we became friends. I was able to go to their wedding at the camp grounds, since that's where they met. [smiley=heart.gif]

I used to get random calls from her since her sister and I have the same name. Once she called to ask where I was because she'd been waiting for me. 'Uhhhh... I'm driving through Utah (she lived in Washington)... how are you? I haven't spoken to you in ages'. Only then did she realise she'd called the wrong phone contact. ::)
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 68
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
It seems the only chance people here get of summer camps is through Camp America! IT was something promoted quite a bit when I was in University in Liverpool. I know several people who went to help work at summer camps and absolutely loved it.

I worked at a Before/After School care club that turned full-time in the summer, plus I went to enough summer camps when I was young (Horseback riding camp and "College for Kids"!) I agree with xKoDx - I think kids are missing out and I am surprised no one has done a proper summer camp here. I feel bad for parents who may find it difficult to take a large amount of time off or arrange babysitting. :-/

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab