Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: House mouse  (Read 407 times)

• Liked: 154
House mouse
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:10:35 PM »
You guys, I was sat on the sofa tonight and saw something move under our table..turns out it's a mouse.

Now I'm a full blown pansy, I'll admit it now. I'm freaked out. It ran into the kitchen so we've quarantined the room off with various traps. I won't be going in there till it's dead lol.

I just can't figure out how it got in. We live on the top floor of a flat, no attic etc for it to come down from, and I'm a self proclaimed clean freak. Husband thinks it's climbed through an open window.

My mom said it's fine she's had them back in their old house, but I'm contemplating packing up and going to a hotel. I know I'm probably over reacting but I do not do good with things like this.

I've got it running through my head that there's more, their making babies somewhere and we're going to be infested.  I can't wait to move (we're actively house hunting at the moment).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
Re: House mouse
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:17:50 PM »
You guys, I was sat on the sofa tonight and saw something move under our table..turns out it's a mouse.

Now I'm a full blown pansy, I'll admit it now. I'm freaked out. It ran into the kitchen so we've quarantined the room off with various traps. I won't be going in there till it's dead lol.

I just can't figure out how it got in. We live on the top floor of a flat, no attic etc for it to come down from, and I'm a self proclaimed clean freak. Husband thinks it's climbed through an open window.

My mom said it's fine she's had them back in their old house, but I'm contemplating packing up and going to a hotel. I know I'm probably over reacting but I do not do good with things like this.

I've got it running through my head that there's more, their making babies somewhere and we're going to be infested.  I can't wait to move (we're actively house hunting at the moment).

Mice can get through the smallest of cracks. My cat hunted down a mouse in our flat a few weeks ago. I put it in a cup and took it to the garden of the church across the street.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

House mouse
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:27:29 PM »
Mice can get through the smallest of cracks. My cat hunted down a mouse in our flat a few weeks ago. I put it in a cup and took it to the garden of the church across the street.

I'm so allergic to cats, or I'd consider getting one tomorrow. I love them but they make me miserable

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:22:49 PM »

I'm happy that you liberated mouse!  :)

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 11:26:28 PM »
I'm happy that you liberated mouse!  :)
My husband insisted he not be killed. The cat and I hunted him all night until the cat finally wore it out and caught it. He dropped it and I was able to pick it up.

Weeks later and Pedro Felix is still looking for mice. (He's strictly an inside cat.)

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 11:32:03 PM »
My husband insisted he not be killed. The cat and I hunted him all night until the cat finally wore it out and caught it. He dropped it and I was able to pick it up.

Weeks later and Pedro Felix is still looking for mice. (He's strictly an inside cat.)

Gorgeous!  ;D 

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »
I got this wee guy for my husband for his birthday last year. They are best friends.

Stuart inadvertently trained Pedro Felix to cry as soon as he uses the litter box.

So this is the routine when Stuart gets home from work.

Pedro Felix hops into the litter box to pee within minutes of Stuart walking through the front door. Then he cries to say, "I've peed dad." Stuart scoops out the litter box.  Pedro Felix hops back in to poop. Cat cries to let Stuart knows he baked him a wee chocolate cake. Stuart stops whatever he is doing to clean it out.

Pedro Felix does not do this when he is home alone with me.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 11:50:32 PM »
I got this wee guy for my husband for his birthday last year. They are best friends.

Stuart inadvertently trained Pedro Felix to cry as soon as he uses the litter box.

So this is the routine when Stuart gets home from work.

Pedro Felix hops into the litter box to pee within minutes of Stuart walking through the front door. Then he cries to say, "I've peed dad." Stuart scoops out the litter box.  Pedro Felix hops back in to poop. Cat cries to let Stuart knows he baked him a wee chocolate cake. Stuart stops whatever he is doing to clean it out.

Pedro Felix does not do this when he is home alone with me.

I think, in fact, Pedro Felix has trained Stuart!  ;D

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 11:56:28 PM »
I think, in fact, Pedro Felix has trained Stuart!  ;D
Well... yes. Lmfao.

Stuart will also get up at 4am to clean the box if Pedro Felix alerts him that he's used it.

At that hour, he's known as Pedro (ya bas) Felix.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »
Well... yes. Lmfao.

Stuart will also get up at 4am to clean the box if Pedro Felix alerts him that he's used it.

At that hour, he's known as Pedro (ya bas) Felix.

That's priceless!  ;D

• Liked: 585
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 07:31:04 AM »

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 07:33:10 AM »

What a beautiful cat! I love cats, man I wish I could have one.

That story is so funny! What a smart cat

Sponsored Links