Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with prepping a new application -just in case!  (Read 2074 times)

• Liked: 261
Help with prepping a new application -just in case!
« on: August 03, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »
Okay, so moving over my madness away from the priority processing thread at the excellent suggestion of KFdancer, I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, so that if I'm rejected outright, I can be ready to go right back in. Alternatively, if they need additional info from me, I'll have it ready to roll, as well.

In my original application for a spouse settlement visa, I included (can't remember the order):

-marriage certificate
-USC passport (current and previous two)
-copy of UKC passport bio page
-application itself
-appendix 2 financial requirement forms
-signed sponsorship letter
-letter from my husband's new employer with start date and salary information
-correspondence with letting agency indicating we were taking on a lease in Oxford (the contract was not finalized-it has since been)
-copy of lease from the US demonstrating we had been living in the same house
-IHS fee receipt with biometrics stamp on it
-priority processing receipt
-return label and envelope

What I believe to be missing (and would be able to provide if they ask for it):
- proof of savings at or exceeding 62,5kgbp: 401k and bank statements dating from January 2017
(I did detail our savings and banking info on the appendix 2 forms, but neglected to include the statements as proof of my claim. )
-payslips from previous 12 months employment in the US for UKC
-tax filings from previous two years showing shared assets after our marriage

At present, I have received two emails from UKVI: one on 11 July indicated they had received my application (delivered 26 June) and it was "in process" and one on 2 August, indicating my application was "not straightforward" and may take longer than the targets. For the record, I have no criminal record or any history of being refused a visa.

So, given all of that, if you all can help me with anything else I might have missed and need to be ready to provide, I would really appreciate it!
Applied online: 22 June, 2017
Biometrics and Docs mailed: 23 June, 2017
Arrived in Sheffield (via UPS): 26 June, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 11 July, 2017
"not straightforward" Email: 2 August, 2017
Unsolicited additional documents: 14 August, 2017
Decision made: 25 September, then revoked
Second Decision: 25 October, 2017
Docs returned: 30 October, 2017
Flight to UK: 2 November, 2017

• Liked: 4985
Re: Help with prepping a new application -just in case!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
Which category did you apply under?  Savings or employment?

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:59:16 AM »
Which category did you apply under?  Savings or employment?

Employment, which was category B, I believe. My concern, though, is that my husband (the UKC) didn't make 18,5kgbp in the last year- not if you use a 1.25 conversion rate. He was on a research stipend and was just a touch below the mark-and apparently my income is not considered. So I *think* we may have to use the savings category to reapply if they won't accept his new salary (greater than 60kgbp) as sufficient due to the three month requirement (he started on 10 July).

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »
The exchange rate on your application date was 1.2711, so he needs to have earned $23,642.46 between June 23, 2016 and June 22, 2017.  If he didn't earn that, no need to worry about employment documents.

Have you held your cash savings for more than six months?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
Employment, which was category B, I believe. My concern, though, is that my husband (the UKC) didn't make 18,5kgbp in the last year- not if you use a 1.25 conversion rate. He was on a research stipend and was just a touch below the mark-and apparently my income is not considered. So I *think* we may have to use the savings category to reapply if they won't accept his new salary (greater than 60kgbp) as sufficient due to the three month requirement (he started on 10 July).

His new income is not the problem... it will be accepted - it's his previous income from the last 12 months that could prevent you from meeting Category B.

However, if you do have to reapply, you can also count anything he has earned at the new job since July 10th... so it would depend on how much in total he has earned in the 12 months at time of reapplying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »
The exchange rate on your application date was 1.2711, so he needs to have earned $23,642.46 between June 23, 2016 and June 22, 2017.  If he didn't earn that, no need to worry about employment documents.

Have you held your cash savings for more than six months?

Yes. Regular old savings account was moved from US bank to UK bank, but we can show we've had the money in one account or another for years now. 401k accounts on top of that have also been held for several years at the necessary level. Savings can be either mine or his, correct?

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 12:16:02 PM »
Savings can be either mine or his, correct?

Yep - they just have to be held in an account in your name, his name or both your names.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 12:20:51 PM »
Yes. Regular old savings account was moved from US bank to UK bank, but we can show we've had the money in one account or another for years now. 401k accounts on top of that have also been held for several years at the necessary level. Savings can be either mine or his, correct?

Correct.  So the biggest issue may simply be that you applied using the wrong category.

So if you need to submit a new application items you would need:

Application
Appendix 2
Priority receipt (optional)
IHS receipt (first will be refunded if refused)
Shipping label
Passport photo of you
Passport (yours current and prior)
Passport photocopy of husbands bio page
Sponsor letter

Financials:
6 months bank statements showing a minimum balance of £62,500 (you don't need to send anything else if you have this in cash savings)

Accommodation:
Husbands lease
Letter from landlord granting you permission to live there after visa is approved

Relationship:
Marriage certificate
As you've only been married a relatively short time, I'd use the guideline of six joint mail items over the previous two years (or 12 individual items)

You've basically got everything you need.  Looks like it's just the financial category that tripped you up.   :)

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 12:26:01 PM »
Correct.  So the biggest issue may simply be that you applied using the wrong category.

So if you need to submit a new application items you would need:

Application
Appendix 2
Priority receipt (optional)
IHS receipt (first will be refunded if refused)
Shipping label
Passport photo of you
Passport (yours current and prior)
Passport photocopy of husbands bio page
Sponsor letter

Financials:
6 months bank statements showing a minimum balance of £62,500 (you don't need to send anything else if you have this in cash savings)

Accommodation:
Husbands lease
Letter from landlord granting you permission to live there after visa is approved

Relationship:
Marriage certificate
As you've only been married a relatively short time, I'd use the guideline of six joint mail items over the previous two years (or 12 individual items)

You've basically got everything you need.  Looks like it's just the financial category that tripped you up.   :)

Yep, looks like you're right. I did actually include a passport photo-forgot to put that on the original list. We mistakenly thought that his new salary would cover it, completely overlooking the part where he hadn't been there long enough. If they give me the chance to submit more docs, can I send in savings info and a note to say that I applied under the wrong category?

Thank you all so much!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 12:34:42 PM »
Yep, looks like you're right. I did actually include a passport photo-forgot to put that on the original list. We mistakenly thought that his new salary would cover it, completely overlooking the part where he hadn't been there long enough. If they give me the chance to submit more docs, can I send in savings info and a note to say that I applied under the wrong category?

Thank you all so much!

Doesn't hurt to try!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.   :)

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
If they give me the chance to submit more docs, can I send in savings info and a note to say that I applied under the wrong category?

Thank you all so much!

You could try it (and also send the documents they ask for - payslips and bank statements).

Not sure if they will consider the savings since you initially applied under employment income, but it's worth a shot.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 08:38:14 PM »
Okay, brilliant people...I made the mistake, when telling my husband about all this, of saying that pulling the application and starting fresh might be an option.

He has now decided (and laser focused in on this option-he's an engineer, he can't help it) that perhaps this would be a faster route, since "more than 60 days" means nothing and he likes the odds of "20-30BD" here on the forum.
Recognizing that we will eat close to $4k and then pay close to another $4k, I'm not super excited about that idea and you all have indicated previously that I should wait it out. *However- since it does appear I likely applied using the wrong financial category, we'll probably have to pay to resubmit anyway. I am still concerned, though, that it will take a billion lifetimes to get my documents back and so the timeline will be utterly unchanged anyway.

So settle a marital dispute for us, and tell me whether we should go with his plan or stick it out ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 08:43:23 PM »
Okay, brilliant people...I made the mistake, when telling my husband about all this, of saying that pulling the application and starting fresh might be an option.

He has now decided (and laser focused in on this option-he's an engineer, he can't help it) that perhaps this would be a faster route, since "more than 60 days" means nothing and he likes the odds of "20-30BD" here on the forum.
Recognizing that we will eat close to $4k and then pay close to another $4k, I'm not super excited about that idea and you all have indicated previously that I should wait it out. *However- since it does appear I likely applied using the wrong financial category, we'll probably have to pay to resubmit anyway. I am still concerned, though, that it will take a billion lifetimes to get my documents back and so the timeline will be utterly unchanged anyway.

So settle a marital dispute for us, and tell me whether we should go with his plan or stick it out ;D

I'm still going for waiting it out. There is always a chance that they will ask for extra documents and you will get the visa.
Added to that, the unknown length of the wait for the return of a cancelled application also pushes me in that direction.

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »
Added to that, the unknown length of the wait for the return of a cancelled application also pushes me in that direction.

Yep, that's the black hole hovering over this whole thing. If it takes three months to get my docs back, then there's no point!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 09:10:58 PM »
Yep, that's the black hole hovering over this whole thing. If it takes three months to get my docs back, then there's no point!

Yes, there is a reasonably good chance that you could end up waiting longer doing it that way.

Sponsored Links