Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: "Let my adopted children enter the UK" - BBC News  (Read 3426 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: "Let my adopted children enter the UK" - BBC News
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »
To be fair, though, it's not illogical to conclude that the official helpline of the official agency for dealing with immigration would be able to provide accurate information about immigration. We all know that UKY is chockka with expert guidance and clear explanations of procedure, but most reasonable people would trust an official helpline over a random Internet forum. The blame here lies squarely at the feet of UKVI for 1) having such labyrinthine rules in the first place, and 2) not providing reliable guidance for navigating them.

Completely agree.  After all, I found my way here after being told incorrect advice by the UKVI call centre.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2017, 04:09:33 PM »
To be fair, though, it's not illogical to conclude that the official helpline of the official agency for dealing with immigration would be able to provide accurate information about immigration. We all know that UKY is chockka with expert guidance and clear explanations of procedure, but most reasonable people would trust an official helpline over a random Internet forum. The blame here lies squarely at the feet of UKVI for 1) having such labyrinthine rules in the first place, and 2) not providing reliable guidance for navigating them.

And what about when they arrived and were told the visas to get, but still didn't do that? Was that the fault of somebody else too?

A doctor that can't reseach :o

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
And what about when they arrived and were told the visas to get, but still didn't do that? Was that the fault of somebody else too?

A doctor that can't reseach :o

By calling UKVI they thought they were researching, and why shouldn't they? That's my point. A visa application isn't a doctoral dissertation.

I refuse to engage with your uncalled for slur on this man's professional capabilities.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 170
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »

Completely agree - hence 'experts'. Something should be done with the helpline. It's not fair. You PAY for incorrect info!!
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »

Absolutely!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 342
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »
I refuse to engage with your uncalled for slur on this man's professional capabilities.

I wasn't asking you to, but one can't go through life blaming everyone else for whatever goes wrong. It was their choice not to listen to the immigration officers at the border.

It seems from this article that he finally realised months later that what the immigration officers told him was correct and that his two children who were not British citizens needed visas, but he still seems to think this is because his children are adopted?

All my doctor friends keep up to date with research, or so they tell me.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:26:22 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links