Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Good stuff in the mail  (Read 1933 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Good stuff in the mail
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »
My driving instructor told me that I was fine to drive however I felt comfortable after I passed the test.  She knew all of my "bad habits" and she didn't care as long as I was maintaining control of the car.  Her primary concern was preparing me to not do those wrong things long enough for the examiner to give me a pass.

Same haha My dude pretty much said the same thing about learning to drive the right way long enough to pass
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 210
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
My problem with driving lessons right now is that the teacher insists on giving me the speech about everything...and wasting very expensive driving lesson time! He's a good teacher otherwise so I'm continuing with him, but it's really annoying to pay a lot of money to listen to, "You need to look around you to make sure no one is close while you pull out." I mean, seriously...I've driven since the age of 16 with no collision ever.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »
My problem with driving lessons right now is that the teacher insists on giving me the speech about everything...and wasting very expensive driving lesson time! He's a good teacher otherwise so I'm continuing with him, but it's really annoying to pay a lot of money to listen to, "You need to look around you to make sure no one is close while you pull out." I mean, seriously...I've driven since the age of 16 with no collision ever.

I had a collision once, but I saw it coming well in advance, it was the other guy's fault (he was on-coming on a gravel road, and turned across my lane into his driveway without yielding to me... in his 7 miles long extended-cab, long-bed pickup truck).  I took evasive action to try to avoid it by driving around the back of him, but his truck was so long there was really no place to go.  He took up the whole road.  I managed to deflect the brunt of the impact, so nobody got hurt.  But jerk totaled my car.

Anyway, apart from that, I had a couple of decades of good driving behind me when I went for my UK license.  It was humbling to be treated as a learner again.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

Anyway, apart from that, I had a couple of decades of good driving behind me when I went for my UK license.  It was humbling to be treated as a learner again.

I have to admit, I was sooo grateful that my instructor didn't treat me like a brand new learner driver. He's actually a friend of a few friends so we're around the same age and he knew my situation in advance which definitely helped.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab