Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Househunting Tips in Newcastle Area  (Read 535 times)

• Liked: 6
Househunting Tips in Newcastle Area
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »
Hi All,

Since I've noticed a few forum members are from the Newcastle area, I thought I might see if there are any recommendations about house hunting that are specific to this city. I've been told by my employer that my best bet is to just start contacting agents about specific properties AFTER I arrive, and that rentals can go pretty quickly. Areas such as Heaton, Low Fell, Gosforth, Tynemouth, etc have been recommended.

I'm moving with a cat and have a week's stay at a pet-friendly hotel (sadly, AirBnB rentals didn't allow pets). Hoping to find a place within a week or two since I start work shortly after that, so any tips that will help me find decent housing quickly would be great!

• Liked: 170
Re: Househunting Tips in Newcastle Area
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:45:22 PM »
Hi All,

Since I've noticed a few forum members are from the Newcastle area, I thought I might see if there are any recommendations about house hunting that are specific to this city. I've been told by my employer that my best bet is to just start contacting agents about specific properties AFTER I arrive, and that rentals can go pretty quickly. Areas such as Heaton, Low Fell, Gosforth, Tynemouth, etc have been recommended.

I'm moving with a cat and have a week's stay at a pet-friendly hotel (sadly, AirBnB rentals didn't allow pets). Hoping to find a place within a week or two since I start work shortly after that, so any tips that will help me find decent housing quickly would be great!

Here's where to start, and yes properties can move very quickly. Sometimes they rent before they come onto the website. Checking estate agents' websites might also be handy. This website will also show you what estate agents work in the areas you're interested in.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 6
Re: Househunting Tips in Newcastle Area
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 02:21:03 PM »
Thanks! I have been checking RightMove already, but just using it to get a sense of price range at this point. Haven't tried the estate agents' websites yet. Will give that a shot to see if their lists appear to be more updated.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab