Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sent in application for Unmarried Partner VISA but realised I missed something!  (Read 302 times)

• Liked: 11
Hi everyone,

I sent in our application for the settlement visa (unmarried partner) but realised that we are missing.

1. Copy of Sponsor's passport (needs to be certified?? eg. by Post Office)
2. Cover letters describing sponsor, applicant etc.
3. Only relationship evidence we provided is the joint letters, bank accounts etc, tenancy agreements etc and some photos and posts from Facebook.

Is there a way to send these in now? Documents arrived on 2nd August (but still havn't had an email). If I send these docs in how should I do it to make sure it gets married up with the others?

I wish I'd found this forum earlier. Feeling stupid now for not being more thorough.

Update:

I found that on the 'Guide to supporting docs' Document that the passport copy of sponsor is under the section: "If you do not need to meet the Financial Requirement then you may wish to provide some of the following documents to help show your sponsors circumstances in the UK'

So fingers crossed its ok! My financial requirement was based purely on savings in joint names so only included 6 months of official bank statements.

• Liked: 3589
The supporting documents guidance is extremely badly-worded on UKVI's part. That sentence does not mean that you only need to provide evidence of the sponsor's passport and relationship evidence if you do not need to meet the financial requirement..

The sponsor's passport copy is absolutely mandatory because it is proof that they are a British citizen and is therefore eligible to sponsor the visa.

If you don't provide proof of the sponsor's UK citizenship, they won't be able to approve the visa.

It is also mandatory to provide a letter from the sponsor confirming the relationship and that the financial and accommodation requirements are met.

And it is mandatory to provide the relationship evidence... though it sounds like you've provided enough for that part.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:40:40 PM by ksand24 »

The supporting documents guidance is extremely badly-worded on UKVI's part. That sentence does not mean that you only need to provide evidence of the sponsor's passport and relationship evidence if you do not need to meet the financial requirement..

The sponsor's passport copy is absolutely mandatory because it is proof that they are a British citizen and is therefore eligible to sponsor the visa.

If you don't provide proof of the sponsor's UK citizenship, they won't be able to approve the visa.

It is also mandatory to provide a letter from the sponsor confirming the relationship and that the financial and accommodation requirements are met.

And it is mandatory to provide the relationship evidence... though it sounds like you've provided enough for that part.

Relationship evidence is ok as I have provided a lot of letters in both our names (requirement for unmarried partners).

Ok so if this is the case would you recommend that I therefore send the additional documents to the UKVI address with something like:

'Please open upon receiving' on the outside, with a cover letter apologising and ask nicely if it can be given to the person responsible for my application?

Can they not use the sponsor's passport number to look them up?

Relationship evidence is ok as I have provided a lot of letters in both our names (requirement for unmarried partners).

But you said above you thought your relationship evidence was lacking?

Ok so if this is the case would you recommend that I therefore send the additional documents to the UKVI address with something like:

'Please open upon receiving' on the outside, with a cover letter apologising and ask nicely if it can be given to the person responsible for my application?

No, unfortunately, you cannot add any documents once the package has been received in Sheffield. So, all you can do is wait and see if they contact you to ask you to send extra documents.

Can they not use the sponsor's passport number to look them up?

In theory, but it doesn't work that way.

It's your responsibility to provide a copy (preferably certified) of the sponsor's passport photo page. They have to tick a box to confirm that you sent it.

But you said above you thought your relationship evidence was lacking?

No, unfortunately, you cannot add any documents once the package has been received in Sheffield. So, all you can do is wait and see if they contact you to ask you to send extra documents.

In theory, but it doesn't work that way.

It's your responsibility to provide a copy (preferably certified) of the sponsor's passport photo page. They have to tick a box to confirm that you sent it.

I do have a letter from my partner's dad that he gave a non repayable gift to cover our living expenses and also a letter from him confirming that he will provide accommodation (along with council tax bill and architects floor plan).

As for relationship evidence the website says that correspondence, WhatsApp, letters etc aren't usually required. I did provide utilities, joint bank statements, tenancy agreements etc though which is what is needed for unmarried-partners.

Is it completely wasted sending the additional documents? Absolutely no chance it will be married with the original application?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:00:21 PM by engstrom »

and also a letter from him confirming that he will provide accommodation (along with council tax bill and architects floor plan).

Okay, that's your accommodation evidence, though you also need the Land Registry document to prove he owns the property.

Council tax bills do not prove he is the owner and the architect's floor plan is not needed.

As for relationship evidence the website says that correspondence, WhatsApp, letters etc aren't usually required. I did provide utilities, joint bank statements, tenancy agreements etc though which is what is needed for unmarried-partners.

Those things are only required if you DON'T live together, because they prove you have a long-distance relationship.

In your case, you provide the documents you sent - utilities, bank statements, tenancy agreements etc.

Is it completely wasted sending the additional documents? Absolutely no chance it will be married with the original application?

You can't add extra documents to an application unless Sheffield are aware you are sending them and have given you details on how to send them (i.e. they have emailed you to request them, and have given you contact details and a deadline to send them by).

If you just send them in the post, they will likely end up sitting in the mailroom and won't be paired to your application.

Okay, that's your accommodation evidence, though you also need the Land Registry document to prove he owns the property.

Council tax bills do not prove he is the owner and the architect's floor plan is not needed.

Those things are only required if you DON'T live together, because they prove you have a long-distance relationship.

In your case, you provide the documents you sent - utilities, bank statements, tenancy agreements etc.

You can't add extra documents to an application unless Sheffield are aware you are sending them and have given you details on how to send them (i.e. they have emailed you to request them, and have given you contact details and a deadline to send them by).

If you just send them in the post, they will likely end up sitting in the mailroom and won't be paired to your application.

My partner did fill out and sign the SU07 sponsorship undertaking form - is this not equivalent to the letter?

My partner did fill out and sign the SU07 sponsorship undertaking form - is this not equivalent to the letter?

Unfortunately not, the SU07 form is not required for an unmarried partner visa and is unlikely to be considered. It is only used for exceptional circumstances visas, and in those cases is required in ADDITION to the sponsor letter.

For example, for elderly dependant relative and adult dependant relative visas where the applicant is completely physically and financially dependant on the sponsor... i.e. they cannot walk, cannot dress or feed themselves, they cannot work and they have no one to take care of them in their home country, which means they HAVE to move to the UK to be cared for by the sponsor.

The sponsor letter usually takes the form of:
- their ability to be a sponsor (UK citizenship)
- how they meet the financial requirement and under what Category they are applying
- where you will live together in the UK
- a short history of your relationship
- a list of documents the sponsor is providing for the application to prove they meet the requirements

At the moment, I think all you can do is wait and see if Sheffield contact you to ask you for additional documentation.

Sponsored Links