Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: address change  (Read 511 times)

• Liked: 56
address change
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »
Hi all.
I just tried to change my address on my provisional license online - got all the way through till the penultimate page - and was turned away because I don't have a UK passport. So I guess I have to pay the 17quid and do it by post? Is there a way around this so I can do it online and avoid the charge? Also, if I have to do it by post, what is the correct form? I was confused by the online gov guidance cause it basically takes you to a renewal form. Any help would be much appreciated
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 1327
Re: address change
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »
Hi all.
I just tried to change my address on my provisional license online - got all the way through till the penultimate page - and was turned away because I don't have a UK passport. So I guess I have to pay the 17quid and do it by post? Is there a way around this so I can do it online and avoid the charge? Also, if I have to do it by post, what is the correct form? I was confused by the online gov guidance cause it basically takes you to a renewal form. Any help would be much appreciated

I had obtained my provisional license when we lived at our old house.  After we moved, I did change of address early this year (January?)... I didn't have to pay anything.  I filled out most of it online, but then had to finish it by scanning identity documents (I remember scanning my BRP and something sent to me at my new address) and submitting those electronically, then cut up my old provisional license and post it in.  Then they sent me the new one.  When you get to that page asking for your UK passport, there should be instructions for what to do if you don't have a UK passport.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab