Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa's granted but no Vignette's  (Read 1526 times)

• Liked: 0
Visa's granted but no Vignette's
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »

Hi after a long wait (four months) my USA partner and her two children have been granted family settlement visa's. We received the package from Sheffield yesterday and although the UKVI letters state that vignette's have been placed in each of the the passports they are not there. Is this an error by Sheffield or has something changed?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Visa's granted but no Vignette's
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »
Strange - it sounds like an error because the visas are definitely issued as vignette stickers in your passports.

Have you checked every page in the passports to make sure you haven't missed them?

Are the details in the letter correct? i.e. in the past we've had some people being sent incorrect letters with the wrong personal details on them (i.e. someone else's approval or refusal).

If the vignettes are definitely not there, I would contact UKVI Sheffield and ask what to do. You should be able to use the email address they contacted you on with the decision made email.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:04:17 PM »
Strange - it sounds like an error because the visas are definitely issued as vignette stickers in your passports.

Have you checked every page in the passports to make sure you haven't missed them?

Are the details in the letter correct? i.e. in the past we've had some people being sent incorrect letters with the wrong personal details on them (i.e. someone else's approval or refusal).

If the vignettes are definitely not there, I would contact UKVI Sheffield and ask what to do. You should be able to use the email address they contacted you on with the decision made email.

Yes everything else is correct just the vignettes missing, Thanks

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:26:07 AM »
What a nightmare! Sorry to hear. So disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Began dating 04/26/2015
Married 03/25/2017
Biometrics 05/22/2017
Confirmation email 05/25/2017
Decision email : waiting

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »

Spent yesterday trying to get answers!, called the paid for answering service number, no disrespect but the person we talked to could barely speak or understand English. Hopefully she understood enough to passed it on to UKVI, she said it could take 14 days to get a response! The 'Decision Made' email has "do not reply to this email etc", we did anyway. We sent an email on the thread we already had going when we requested. escalation. We called the embassy in Washington, guy was pleasant but said nothing he could do and they do not have a number for Sheffield either!

We are concerned in case the error made was the wrong letters were sent and they should have been refusals. I mean come-on surely they have a checklist, how could they miss placing the vignette's in the passports. So here we sit with the clock ticking but unable to start on the thousand and one things we have to do to settle our affairs before leaving, The approved letters are dated 7th so our 30 days are already down to 24 days and we all we can do is sit and wait hoping we here from them soon.   

• Liked: 6110

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »
Spent yesterday trying to get answers!, called the paid for answering service number, no disrespect but the person we talked to could barely speak or understand English. Hopefully she understood enough to passed it on to UKVI, she said it could take 14 days to get a response! The 'Decision Made' email has "do not reply to this email etc", we did anyway. We sent an email on the thread we already had going when we requested. escalation. We called the embassy in Washington, guy was pleasant but said nothing he could do and they do not have a number for Sheffield either!

- Calling the hotline will do nothing - they are a contracted call centre and can't help.

- Calling Washington will do nothing - they have nothing to do with issuing visas

You need to email Sheffield directly, which it sounds like you have. It could take a few days for a reply though.

There are two possible email addresses you can use for Sheffield - one is no longer monitored, though they do sometimes still send emails from it, and one is active.

So, I'd also try whichever one you haven't emailed already:
VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
or
VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 02:28:46 PM »

Thank you both, we will try your suggestion

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 02:56:49 PM »
I'm sure you have, but have you flipped through each and every page of the passports?  I'm secretly hoping the pages are stuck together.... in both passports.   ;D

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
I'm sure you have, but have you flipped through each and every page of the passports?  I'm secretly hoping the pages are stuck together.... in both passports.   ;D

Yes, actually its three passports, we have checked them all multiple times page by page in disbelief.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:08 PM »
Would it also be worthwhile to reach out to the MP?
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 07:27:14 PM »
Yes, actually its three passports, we have checked them all multiple times page by page in disbelief.

I've been hanging out here for five years and it's a first for me!  So sorry you have to sort this!  Such an incompetent department...

• Liked: 449
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 02:03:04 AM »
I've been hanging out here for five years and it's a first for me!  So sorry you have to sort this!  Such an incompetent department...

This is awful - just reading what you're going through! Make sure you have put the VAF number (from the emails you have received from them) in the subject heading.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 210
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »
Please let us know if you ever sorted it out?
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab