Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Application from US: Priority Processing Question  (Read 871 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Spousal Application from US: Priority Processing Question
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »
I'm seriously regretting not saving all the wedding anniversary cards we receive each year. But we have lots of joint statements, some photos, etc that I will include.

Don't regret that - you can't use anniversary cards anyway as they are not official mail. The only cards you can use are ones you've mailed to each other while living apart (i.e. as evidence of a long-distance relationship).

You only need to include 1, maybe 2 photos maximum - just with you two in them, no one else.

Things you can include are, as mentioned above:
- tax returns
- leases/rental agreements
- utility bills

• Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Thank you ksand24! I will use the below list you kindly organized as a guide, which is a real help.

My husband is still in the U.S. with us, and he will not fly over to the UK till early September. I will be submitting my spousal application before he leaves, so I will not have any evidence to submit that supports a separation (again, because husband is still in U.S. with us).

I wonder if I should include our child's passport photo? You confirmed birth certificate is not necessary, but do we need to show that our child has a valid passport?

Thank you!

You don't need your child's birth certificate :).

I'm just going to reorganise your documents a little so they're easier to check. Anything you are missing, I've added in red:

Applicant:
- Contents letter
- Printed online application
- VAF4A Appendix 2
- current and previous U.S. passport.
- Passport photos
- IHS surcharge number/receipt
- Biometrics receipt
- Priority payment receipt
- Return postage paid info

Sponsor:
-Certified copy of his current UK Passport (just the bio page)
-Letter of support

Financial:
Category B:
- Past 12 mos. of electronic pay stubs w/ company name, salary, etc.
- Letter from the employer confirming authenticity of the electronic paystubs
- Past 12 mos of bank statements, each page stamped and signed by bank.
- Copy of UK Job offer that includes contact info, salary amount (over 18,600 GBP), start date, etc.
- If he has a signed contract for the new job as well, you could include that

Accommodation
- rental agreement in both names

Relationship evidence:
- Original marriage certificate
- Original divorce decree
- 1 or 2 photos of you together
- a few bills from the last 10 years (maybe 1 per year at most)
- tax returns from the last 10 years
- house deeds/rental agreements from the last 10 years
- evidence of communication with your husband since he returned to the UK,
 for example email inbox screenshots, Skype call logs etc.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »
My husband is still in the U.S. with us, and he will not fly over to the UK till early September. I will be submitting my spousal application before he leaves, so I will not have any evidence to submit that supports a separation (again, because husband is still in U.S. with us).

Yep, in that case, you just provide the evidence of living together in the US. You only need to provide evidence while separated, if you have been apart for a period of time before applying.

I wonder if I should include our child's passport photo? You confirmed birth certificate is not necessary, but do we need to show that our child has a valid passport?

Nope, you don't need to do either.

As a UK citizen, your child is completely irrelevant to your visa application and you do not need to provide any documents relating to them.

It's your responsibility to make sure your child has a valid UK passport - it makes no difference to UKVI...  all they are concerned with is your circumstances, because you are the one needing a visa.

• Liked: 65
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 09:48:52 PM »
Just remember all financial evidence needs to be dated within 28 days of your online application date (when you actually hit "submit" on the website)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question about that statement - if you are submitting original bank statements or pay slips from the past 6 months, they obviously won't be dated within 28 days of your application.  In this case how would one meet that requirement?
Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 09:53:12 PM »
Quick question about that statement - if you are submitting original bank statements or pay slips from the past 6 months, they obviously won't be dated within 28 days of your application.  In this case how would one meet that requirement?

The most recent bank statement and payslip, along with the employer letter, must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application - i.e. the 6-month period you are relying on must end within 28 days of the online application date.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab