Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Marriage Visa - Spouse's Evidence  (Read 624 times)

• Liked: 1
UK Marriage Visa - Spouse's Evidence
« on: August 12, 2017, 02:04:33 PM »
Hi all!!

Firstly thank you to all those that provide advice on here! You guys are truly amazing and reading all your great replies has helped us both no end as we start this application.

I just want to pick your brains about the Married Visa - Spouse Evidence.
I need to send all my things to my Wife in the states (As suggested on here so it can all be sent together to Sheffield) As this will take a few days to get to her I want to make sure I send the right things off and haven’t missed anything so we can then submit the application asap!

Small backstory, I am a UK Citizen and earn above the £18,600 so applying under Category A I believe as I am employed by a company and not on my own sole trader etc. I have my own house which I have a mortgage for and of course associated bills.

At the moment, I am going to send over:
  • Spouse Letter with the items mentioned on other threads on here
  • Post office Certified copy of my UK Passport.
  • Letter from Employer HR stating the Job role, start date, time in role and that it is Full time.
  • Letter from Employer Payroll confirming yearly salary and last 6 months Certified Payslips
  • Last 6 months Bank Statement – these are coming direct from Halifax – do these need to be stamped to say they are correct? (Is it worth it just to make sure?)
  • Land Registry to prove ownership of the House (Letter from the Solicitor which includes that land registry.)
  • Cards that my wife has sent me over the years we have been together.

Is that all I need to send for it to be ok or should I also include:
  • Birth Certificate
  • Other Bank Statements and Credit Card Statements? My guess is no as this is excessive.
  • Mortgage Repayment Statement
  • Utility Bills
  • P60 from company

Am I missing anything or am I starting to overthink this way too much…  ???

Appreciate all your help!!

Sam  ;D

• Liked: 14
Re: UK Marriage Visa - Spouse's Evidence
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:09:10 PM »
What about evidence of your relationship such as wedding pcitures wedding invite cards, receipts, flight and hotel itenaries, call logs,emails and messages of your communication while you were seperated, photos of each other, reciepts of gifts you sent her.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
Bank statements have to be stamped and signed by the bank on every page

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

I just want to pick your brains about the Married Visa - Spouse Evidence.
I need to send all my things to my Wife in the states (As suggested on here so it can all be sent together to Sheffield) As this will take a few days to get to her I want to make sure I send the right things off and haven’t missed anything so we can then submit the application asap!

First off, you may already be aware, but make sure you send your documents using a courier (UPS, DHL or FedEx) and NOT any Royal Mail service (such as Parcel Force). Important documents can easily get held up in customs if they go through Royal Mail services, but the couriers have their own customs.

In regards to your documents:

- If your bank statements are being mailed to you by Halifax, they do not need to be stamped, as they are officially issued copies. It's only statements you have printed off at home from online banking that need to be stamped.

- Will your wife be adding more relationship evidence to your cards? Cards on their own are not enough. Have you visited her in the US - do you have boarding passes from your trips?

You don't need the following:
  • Birth Certificate
  • Other Bank Statements and Credit Card Statements
  • Utility Bills

However, you can send (though they aren't mandatory):
  • Mortgage Repayment Statement
  • Original job contract
  • Latest P60

So, your documents will be:

Sponsor documents:
  • Spouse Letter with the items mentioned on other threads on here
  • Post office Certified copy of my UK Passport.

Financial documents:
Mandatory:
  • Letter from Employer HR stating the Job role, start date, time in role and that it is Full time.
  • Letter from Employer Payroll confirming yearly salary and last 6 months Certified Payslips
  • Last 6 months Bank Statements

Optional but recommended (as they may ask for them):
  • original job contract
  • Latest P60

Accommodation:
  • Land Registry document
  • Latest mortgage statement

Relationship (this is everything that should be included, either from you or from her):
  • Original marriage certificate
  • 1-2 photos of you together
  • boarding passes from trips to see each other
  • Letters/cards sent to each other
  • Screenshots of email inbox/call logs/message logs spread over your relationship length

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:18:42 PM »
What about evidence of your relationship such as wedding pcitures wedding invite cards, receipts, flight and hotel itenaries, call logs,emails and messages of your communication while you were seperated, photos of each other, reciepts of gifts you sent her.

You don't need to send any of the following:
- wedding pictures (just include one photo of the bride and groom)
- wedding invite cards,
- receipts,
- hotel itineraries
- photos of each other (just include one photo of you together)
- receipts of gifts you sent her.

You SHOULD send:
- no more than 2 photos, just of the two of you
- flight boarding passes/tickets
- cards/letters
- evidence of regular communication (email inbox, call logs etc.)

Bank statements have to be stamped and signed by the bank on every page

They don't need to be stamped if they have been mailed to you by the bank, as mailed copies are considered official.

It's ONLY online banking statements which you have printed yourself that need to be stamped/signed by the bank, to confirm they are authentic and not doctored.

• Liked: 49
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »
Good luck! I  am actually filling out my final form today! Are you married or engaged? If engaged do not forget travel evidence that you both have met. Also photos of you both and if you met family even better. It is not required but I have several letters from family and friends showing support. I think your list looks very through! Others may add but that looks to be what we are sending in this week!!! Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »
Good luck! I  am actually filling out my final form today! Are you married or engaged? If engaged do not forget travel evidence that you both have met.

You need that if you are married as well.

Also photos of you both and if you met family even better.

Nope, only photos of the two of you will be considered - to show you have met each other. Photos with family will not be looked at.

It is not required but I have several letters from family and friends showing support.

No, don't include letters from family either. They cannot be considered and will not be looked at.

The only support letter that can be considered for the visa is the one from the sponsor. That's it.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 09:22:55 PM »
Thank you so so much guys!!

Missially, we are already married, we did that in the States and now applying for my wife to come over.

So everything looks to be in the right order now and just hunting down the last of the Boarding passes and itineraries.

Its been a bit of a nightmare with the iMessage though as those took forever to get copies off but managed to get screenshots for about 6 months.
we do have emails back and forth for the other 5 years so fingers crossed that will be good enough too!

Again thank you so much guys! Appreciate you putting my mind at rest thats for sure!!

Sam

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 09:30:36 PM »
Its been a bit of a nightmare with the iMessage though as those took forever to get copies off but managed to get screenshots for about 6 months.
we do have emails back and forth for the other 5 years so fingers crossed that will be good enough too!

In regards to screenshots and emails, you should not include ANY actual email or message content, just a list showing a selection of messages/email inbox screenshots spread over the period.

You should only send 1-2 pages of screenshots per contact type (i.e. 1-2 pages of iMessages and 1-2 pages of email inbox screenshots)

- So, if you have 6 months of iMessages, you just want to provide a list of times and dates, maybe 1 or 2 messages per week (so 24-48 in total).

- If you have 5 years of emails, just select maybe 1 email per month (so 60 in total) and paste/crop them in a list showing the date, sender and subject line.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab