Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about applying for fiancee visa  (Read 264 times)

• Liked: 0
Questions about applying for fiancee visa
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:11:45 PM »
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I'm a bit nervous. I browsed the threads before posting but I'm still a bit confused.
My fiancee in the uk has disability benefits so it seems we are exempt from the earnings thing. But should we be ok with about 16k on her side and about 30k on mine just in case? With the agreement we have with her family I wont be playing rent till after the extended visa/after the wedding. Will they take that into account?

Going into that last paragraph does anyone know what she would need to prove her benefits? Just her most recent letter or would she also need a doctors letter proving shes chronically ill/disabled?

I also have a few health issues myself both physically and mentally but I dont receive benefits for any of them would I have to declare these issues at all?

Final question is for the sponsorship form: she doesnt have a passport so what other form of id would she possibly be able to send in?

I apologize for the million questions we are just both really nervous about applying and making a mistake on the application. We look up to everyone here who has already made the transition to the uk and hope we can help others in the future.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Questions about applying for fiancee visa
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum :). No need to be nervous - we're all friendly here, honest :).
My fiancee in the uk has disability benefits so it seems we are exempt from the earnings thing.

Yes, you will be exempt as long as she receives one (or more) of the following benefits:

- Carer’s Allowance.
- Disability Living Allowance.
- Severe Disablement Allowance.
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
- Attendance Allowance.
- Personal Independence Payment.
- Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
- Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
- Police Injury Pension.

But should we be ok with about 16k on her side and about 30k on mine just in case? With the agreement we have with her family I wont be playing rent till after the extended visa/after the wedding. Will they take that into account?

Yes, they will take that into account.

What you need to show for the visa is that between you, you have at least as much left over each week after paying rent and council tax as a UK couple would receive in income support from the government.

This amount is £114.85 per week. If you won't be paying any rent or council tax (and this is confirmed by her family in their accommodation letter), then you just need to show you have £114.85 per week, or about £6,000 per year.

If you have £46K (£16K plus £30K) in savings, that will be enough to last you about 7.5 years... so more than enough for the visa :).

Going into that last paragraph does anyone know what she would need to prove her benefits? Just her most recent letter or would she also need a doctors letter proving shes chronically ill/disabled?

Have a read of Appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirements, specifically Appendix FM 1.7a Maintenance (for those exempt from the financial requirement) - it's all detailed in there:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf
and
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/452967/IDI_Adequate_Maintenance_and_Accommodation_Appendix_FM_Annex_1_7A.pdf

Also, see Appendix FM-SE for document specifications:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence
I also have a few health issues myself both physically and mentally but I dont receive benefits for any of them would I have to declare these issues at all?

Final question is for the sponsorship form: she doesnt have a passport so what other form of id would she possibly be able to send in?

If she doesn't have a passport, I would think she should send her original A4 long-form birth certificate, and she can explain in her sponsor letter why she is not able to send a passport.

Alternatively, she could apply for a passport - although if it's her first one, it may take a few weeks.

Sponsored Links