Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa Complete / Married / Spouse Visa Application from UK  (Read 684 times)

• Liked: 9
Hi All, our Fiance visa came through just in time and we got married on Saturday (12th August). Visa good until Feb 18 so plenty of time. Now looking to put through the Spouse visa. I read on the .gov website that you can do this in person. I'm assuming this is in Sheffield?

Has anybody had any experience of this?

• Liked: 3595
Fiance Visa Complete / Married / Spouse Visa Application from UK
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »
You can do it in person, but it's very expensive- an extra £590 for the appointment, on top of the £1,493 visa fee and IHS charge.

You can apply in person at one of the Premium Service Centres (Sheffield, Croydon, Cardiff, Liverpool(?) and a couple of others) and it gives you a same-day decision. Ah, see here for the premium centres: https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/find-a-premium-service-centre

However, postal FLR(M) applications are only taking about 6-8 weeks at the moment, so unless you have to travel urgently or need your passport and visa back quickly to start a job or something, I'd advise saving the £590 and applying by post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:46:02 PM by ksand24 »

Re: Fiance Visa Complete / Married / Spouse Visa Application from UK
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 04:42:08 PM »
Oh, and congratulations on your wedding :)!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 04:44:47 PM »
Yes, congratulations!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 04:57:41 PM »
Thank you! Gone so quickly!

Thank you for the heads up on the extra costs!!

Just to double check, which visa do we now apply for now that we have the 6 month fiance visa and now our marriage certificate?

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
You apply for FLR(M):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

It's essentially the same visa, requiring the same documents, but instead of evidence of regular communication, you provide your marriage certificate and any mail you have received at the same UK address as each other (requirement is 6 documents in each name, but you may not have this many yet)

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 11:16:10 AM »
Thank you for sending. Can you apply for this online similar to the fiance one?

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »
Thank you for sending. Can you apply for this online similar to the fiance one?

See here for the options:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

While it is possible to fill out an online form, it's pretty new and contains some bugs/glitches. Plus, the online application is processed in Sheffield while the paper one is processed in Durham. Also, there have been problems with the documents not being matched up with the online application, causing delays.

The online form is bit different to the paper form and we cannot see the online form which means we can't easily help you fill it out... so we recommend sticking to the paper form instead.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:46:23 AM »
Hello,

My fiance visa came thru as well. I've been in the country for about 5 weeks, my wedding is 5 and half weeks (Sept 24th). I was told on another thread, that we will need to go and get our FLR(M), but I can make an appointment up to weeks out? I am looking to do this just a few days after the wedding, specifically the Wednesday, am I able to do this? We are wanting to do same day decision, as my fiance's father's is terminally ill, and I will be needing to be going back and forth to Holland, where is his father is being cared for in Hospice. (I was the one talking about the honeymoon being right after the wedding to Barbados, but we've had to cancel it now that this unfortunate event has occurred.)

You can do it in person, but it's very expensive- an extra £590 for the appointment, on top of the £1,493 visa fee and IHS charge.

You can apply in person at one of the Premium Service Centres (Sheffield, Croydon, Cardiff, Liverpool(?) and a couple of others) and it gives you a same-day decision. Ah, see here for the premium centres: https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/find-a-premium-service-centre

However, postal FLR(M) applications are only taking about 6-8 weeks at the moment, so unless you have to travel urgently or need your passport and visa back quickly to start a job or something, I'd advise saving the £590 and applying by post.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 11:57:21 AM »
Hello,

My fiance visa came thru as well. I've been in the country for about 5 weeks, my wedding is 5 and half weeks (Sept 24th). I was told on another thread, that we will need to go and get our FLR(M), but I can make an appointment up to weeks out? I am looking to do this just a few days after the wedding, specifically the Wednesday, am I able to do this?

If you want to apply in person, you can book an appointment up to 42 days in advance. The decision will be made same-day, but then you have to wait for your BRP to be mailed to you - which can take up to 10 days but most people receive theirs in about 2-4 days.

For booking an appointment, you have two choices:

- you can book the appointment online (https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/book-an-appointment) and you will pay for the appointment and the visa fee at that time. You will then need to use the  FLR(M) paper form to apply for the visa.

- if you want to be able to apply using the online form, you will need to apply online first and then you will be able to pay and book the appointment at the end of the application form.

Personally, I would recommend applying using the paper form and therefore booking the appointment first.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 12:32:35 PM »
Yes, thanks! I've gone online and read the link you provided. Where is the paper form though? and what exactly do I need to provide for the in person booking.

I'd seen on there you mentioned 6 items of mails in my name? I only have 2. Can it be anything? Like a package? As long as it's in my name with the address I live at with my fiance?

If you want to apply in person, you can book an appointment up to 42 days in advance. The decision will be made same-day, but then you have to wait for your BRP to be mailed to you - which can take up to 10 days but most people receive theirs in about 2-4 days.

For booking an appointment, you have two choices:

- you can book the appointment online (https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/book-an-appointment) and you will pay for the appointment and the visa fee at that time. You will then need to use the  FLR(M) paper form to apply for the visa.

- if you want to be able to apply using the online form, you will need to apply online first and then you will be able to pay and book the appointment at the end of the application form.

Personally, I would recommend applying using the paper form and therefore booking the appointment first.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »
NVM! I've think I found it. :)

Yes, thanks! I've gone online and read the link you provided. Where is the paper form though? and what exactly do I need to provide for the in person booking.

I'd seen on there you mentioned 6 items of mails in my name? I only have 2. Can it be anything? Like a package? As long as it's in my name with the address I live at with my fiance?

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 01:59:53 PM »

All the details for what you can send are listed on the paper form, which is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

It needs to be official mail (tenancy agreements, bank statements, utility bills, council tax bills, letters from the NHS, HMRC, DVLA, TV licence etc.), and as you are on a fiance visa, you are unlikely to have been able to collect 6 items in each name yet, so you can only include what you have and then explain why you don't have all 6.

• Liked: 80
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »
All the details for what you can send are listed on the paper form, which is here:

It needs to be official mail (tenancy agreements, bank statements, utility bills, council tax bills, letters from the NHS, HMRC, DVLA, TV licence etc.), and as you are on a fiance visa, you are unlikely to have been able to collect 6 items in each name yet, so you can only include what you have and then explain why you don't have all 6.

Hello ksand24. I have a question please regarding the mail, as i will need this soon for my next visa FLMR. Is it mandatory to give 6 pieces who is on fiance visa? Since you say that we can write a letter explaining that we still don't have all 6? Thanks in advance

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 02:42:53 PM »
Is it mandatory to give 6 pieces who is on fiance visa? Since you say that we can write a letter explaining that we still don't have all 6? Thanks in advance

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I said that BECAUSE you have a fiance visa, you probably WON'T have 6 items, so you have to write a letter explaining this.

From the application form:

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

Sponsored Links