Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Didn't receive email acknowledging docs - emailed and 'Awaiting a Decision'  (Read 417 times)

• Liked: 11
Hi all,

I have a applied for a settlement VISA (un-married partner). The docs were received on the 2nd August but I didn't receive any emails confirming that from Sheffield (unlike others here).

I emailed UKVI contact centre and was told my application was 'Awaiting a decision'.

Does anyone know if I can infer from this that my docs have been acknowledged?

Thanks

Surprise surprise - once I replied to their poor email reply saying I need more information I just received the email I was expecting!

Coincidence perhaps or maybe chasing them actually worked!

• Liked: 6110
Hi all,

I have a applied for a settlement VISA (un-married partner). The docs were received on the 2nd August but I didn't receive any emails confirming that from Sheffield (unlike others here).

I emailed UKVI contact centre and was told my application was 'Awaiting a decision'.

Does anyone know if I can infer from this that my docs have been acknowledged?

Thanks

I would put more faith in your UPS tracking than in anything that comes from the call line/email. If your tracking shows it arrived, then you know that they have it!  :)

I would put more faith in your UPS tracking than in anything that comes from the call line/email. If your tracking shows it arrived, then you know that they have it!  :)

It actually arrived via royal mail as I sent via my partner in the UK to add bank statements. Also forgot to put the application number on the outside of the package - my application is therefore disguised as a leave to remain application rather than a leave to enter (or perhaps as a different country which has the sponsor send in the docs instead of the applicant in the USA)! Hopefully it isn't sitting in some incorrect pile in the UKVI office!!

It actually arrived via royal mail as I sent via my partner in the UK to add bank statements. Also forgot to put the application number on the outside of the package - my application is therefore disguised as a leave to remain application rather than a leave to enter (or perhaps as a different country which has the sponsor send in the docs instead of the applicant in the USA)! Hopefully it isn't sitting in some incorrect pile in the UKVI office!!

I see!    :)

Which address did you send to? If it's this one, (check the post code) you are fine (in theory) although we did have one member get their application returned because UKVI got confused. They have only done this once that we're aware of though.
There is no requirement to write your number on the outside of the package.

Settlement applications

International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

Surprise surprise - once I replied to their poor email reply saying I need more information I just received the email I was expecting!

Coincidence perhaps or maybe chasing them actually worked!

Just saw this! If you got the email, you're fine. They don't email regarding FLR. It's post only! :)

Just saw this! If you got the email, you're fine. They don't email regarding FLR. It's post only! :)

You mean FLE surely? (Am applying from the US). Would FLR not imply that I am in the UK already and switching to this VISA?

I see!    :)

Which address did you send to? If it's this one, (check the post code) you are fine (in theory) although we did have one member get their application returned because UKVI got confused. They have only done this once that we're aware of though.
There is no requirement to write your number on the outside of the package.

Settlement applications

International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

Yes that's the one. I think they only send the email once the docs have been opened, so as you say i'm sure its all good.  ;)

As for time-lines - should I expect the 60 days to be from the email date or the date they received the docs?

• Liked: 3595
You mean FLE surely? (Am applying from the US). Would FLR not imply that I am in the UK already and switching to this VISA?

You said you thought it was being treated as a Leave to Remain visa... and FLR is leave to remain.

We're just telling you that if you received the email from them it is being treated as an LTE visa (Leave to Enter), not an FLR (Further Leave to Remain) visa... because correspondence about FLR visas is by post only, not emails.

You said you thought it was being treated as a Leave to Remain visa... and FLR is leave to remain.

We're just telling you that if you received the email from them it is being treated as an LTE visa (Leave to Enter), not an FLR (Further Leave to Remain) visa... because correspondence about FLR visas is by post only, not emails.

This!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab