Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse visa random questions and timing issue  (Read 483 times)

• Liked: 33
Spouse visa random questions and timing issue
« on: August 16, 2017, 01:34:01 AM »
Hi all, I am thrilled to have found this site and forum!  Glad to know I am not alone in the Brit-Yank marriage situation!

A bit of background: my British husband and I met online, fell in love in 2011, finally married this June and decided that I will move to the UK.  During the entire time, he's been living in the U.K. and I've been living in the US.  Our relationship has been visits back and forth 3-4 times per year since 2011, daily emails, texts, and mammoth phone calls.

My husband will be here next month and will bring all his paperwork to me.  Could someone please confirm that I am on the right track? This is what I've got:

1)  Sponsor letter from husband with the requisite info (how we met, where we'll live, etc). 

2) Letter from his firm's HR with employment dates, salary, job title, permanent status (applying as Cat A).

3) Six months of his original pay stubs (or if he can't find them, copies signed by who? The same HR person?).

4) Six months of original bank statements (confirming salary deposits), if not original then signed by someone in bank (notarized or signed by anyone in particular?)

4) Original P60

Housing:

He paid off the mortgage and owns the house outright.  The deed or whatever is an online document.  Who would certify/authenticate that?  I've seen references here to land grants.  What is that? He also has a letter from the mortgagor telling him congrats! the mortgage is paid off.  Would that count?

Misc:

Copy of his passport photo and info page.  Who would certify this?  Royal Mail notary? Random lawyer?

Relationship:

1) Original marriage certificate.

2) Two or three photos of us together, one from the wedding, one or two from different years, all G-rated. (Joking!).

3) Visits to each other--we don't have boarding passes for six years.  I do have screenshots of my airline confirmation emails, possibly for all UK trips since 2011. And they will have my passports with the U.K. entry stamps. But he could only find a few flight confirmations from his trips to see me and they only go back to 2015. Will this be a problem?

4) Six years of *daily* emails....yikes!  What do I send? One a month for six years?  Compile them in a folder and screenshot the index list?

5) Cards--birthday, etc. between us. (Lots of cards use our pet names, so they are not dispositive because they could to/from anyone. Grrr.

6) Screenshot of text messages from my phone.  They only go back to mid-2013.  We've both had different phones/carriers and text messages didn't stay in the cloud. Will this matter? Can we use texts from my phone only? 

7) The phone call records are a pain, too. I moved twice.  Didn't save phone bills.  Only one provider has my records and they only go back to 2015. He also switched carriers, so same problem there.  If we'd known they were something immigration needed, we would have kept them. Grrr.

8) Beneficiary forms from my brokerage accounts and life insurance naming him as the beneficiary? (I'd hardly name some sham person on those!).

My stuff:

1) 2 US passports--current and expired

2) 2 passport sized photos

3) print out of online application

4) appendix 2

5) Receipt from biometrics appointment

6) Some type of prepaid envelope to get my stuff back?  Do I need to give them copies of stuff if I want the originals back?

Timing question:  Assuming Visa is granted, may I enter the UK within the 30 day window, pick up my bio stuff, and then come back to US for three months to rent out or sell my house, give notice to my employer, get the dog and cat ready, pack.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the lengthy post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: Spouse visa random questions and timing issue
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:47:04 AM »

3) Six months of his original pay stubs (or if he can't find them, copies signed by who? The same HR person?).

4) Six months of original bank statements (confirming salary deposits), if not original then signed by someone in bank (notarized or signed by anyone in particular?)

4) Original P60

Housing:

He paid off the mortgage and owns the house outright.  The deed or whatever is an online document.  Who would certify/authenticate that?  I've seen references here to land grants.  What is that? He also has a letter from the mortgagor telling him congrats! the mortgage is paid off.  Would that count?

Misc:

Copy of his passport photo and info page.  Who would certify this?  Royal Mail notary? Random lawyer?

Hi Sundance, welcome!

Here is the guidance regarding the formatting of your evidence.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

3-  (bb) Payslips must be:

(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
    (ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

4-Bank statements must

(v) be:

(1) on official bank stationery; or
    (2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

You can get the land registry document online here https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/search-the-register

The passport can be certified at the post office.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:49:42 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 33
Re: Spouse visa random questions and timing issue
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »
Thanks very much larrabee! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab