Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for new US passport - urgent help needed!  (Read 466 times)

• Liked: 56
Applying for new US passport - urgent help needed!
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:47:54 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place but problem!

I finally got around to applying for the new US passport (American citizen) and got through the DX drama of a missed delivery and noticed that I forgot to include my current US passport. Now what?

I called DX and they said it was an embassy thing. Is there a number I can call at the embassy? It seems like its email only. Or do I just wait for request for further information?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Applying for new US passport - urgent help needed!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:14:23 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place but problem!

I finally got around to applying for the new US passport (American citizen) and got through the DX drama of a missed delivery and noticed that I forgot to include my current US passport. Now what?

I called DX and they said it was an embassy thing. Is there a number I can call at the embassy? It seems like its email only. Or do I just wait for request for further information?

I'd send an email.  You won't be the first or last to do this.   :D

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:06:57 PM »
I bet not :)

Hopefully they respond quick but let's see. I was thinking I should just resend a new application on Monday WITH the passport and eat the 15 UKP delivery charge, assuming the first just gets kicked back anyway for lack of the passport.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:34:28 PM »
I bet not :)

Hopefully they respond quick but let's see. I was thinking I should just resend a new application on Monday WITH the passport and eat the 15 UKP delivery charge, assuming the first just gets kicked back anyway for lack of the passport.

Not a bad idea.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 07:19:44 AM »
Update on this in case it ever happens to someone else:

Got a letter on Wednesday from the US Embassy that I forgot to include my passport with my application and I had 90 days to send it along (by courier) with the letter or they would kick back the application. I had resent a new application Monday so I guess it comes out in the wash, but that is what they do apparently.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »
Wow, I'm impressed! That was decent of the embassy.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 163
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 07:18:25 AM »
Wow, I'm impressed! That was decent of the embassy.

In my experience the US Embassy has been very forgiving of incidental mistakes. Twice we've gone there to register children, both times we've forgotten some piece of required evidence, and both times they were very cool about it and worked with us to get the registrations done without a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »
I think you get so traumatized dealing with the UK side of things (they would have taken the money and THEN sent the application back) that to be treated semi-decently is a surprise.

We are headed to the US in a little over 3 weeks so I hope I get this thing back in time. My own fault for not sorting it out sooner. At least my RC isn't in the passport.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »
I think you get so traumatized dealing with the UK side of things (they would have taken the money and THEN sent the application back) that to be treated semi-decently is a surprise.

I think you're right.

Sponsored Links