Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Which of these ingredients are available?  (Read 4999 times)

• Liked: 116
Re: Which of these ingredients are available?
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2017, 02:20:13 PM »
Has anyone ever seen those wavy Eastern European style egg noodles here?  The only egg noodles I can find here are Asian style ones and they're the wrong shape for tuna noodle casserole.  I'm making it with regular pasta tonight but would love to know if anyone knows where egg noodles are. 

It's one of those things that I suspect is actually American because I can't find them in the Polish section here, and that's where they used to be at the store back home.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »
I know the water can be pretty darn awful in parts of the UK from the various trips around the country I have had.  But the water in the Highlands is amazing.
Yeah, I buy bottles of highland spring water and drink it at home.  Sparkling, just a glass with dinner then another with a lot of ice in front of the TV. 

I've been thinking of getting a soda stream lately because I hate all the plastic bottles.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2017, 08:01:46 PM »
Has anyone ever seen those wavy Eastern European style egg noodles here?  The only egg noodles I can find here are Asian style ones and they're the wrong shape for tuna noodle casserole.  I'm making it with regular pasta tonight but would love to know if anyone knows where egg noodles are. 

It's one of those things that I suspect is actually American because I can't find them in the Polish section here, and that's where they used to be at the store back home.
Yes, I buy them at the Polish shop.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 116
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:38 PM »
Yes, I buy them at the Polish shop.

Hmm, there isn't a Polish shop in my city but there's an international food place I can check out!  Thanks.  Worst comes to worst it looks like I can go to Dover or Maidstone and they have them.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2017, 03:24:49 PM »
Hmm, there isn't a Polish shop in my city but there's an international food place I can check out!  Thanks.  Worst comes to worst it looks like I can go to Dover or Maidstone and they have them.
Don't have a Polish shop in the toon? What kind of place do you live? Lol

I buy my bacon, eggs, deli sliced pork and some various other goodies from my local. It's only a 1 minute walk from my flat.

But we discussed these egg noodles recently in another thread and I was the guinea pig for them and I can confirm that they were the same as the Light N Fluffy brand egg noodles from back home.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab