Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Documents required?  (Read 886 times)

• Liked: 0
Documents required?
« on: August 18, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »
Hello all!

I'm looking at renting a flat in the South of England and just wondering what to expect when signing a letting agreement. Just want to be prepared to sign right away if something nice turns up.

Mostly wondering what types of documents I should bring with me as it'll be my first time renting in the UK and would prefer to avoid delays from any surprises.

From what I have gathered on here, it looks like I need to prove that I have a right to live in the UK (check), and probably provide a 6mo deposit since I have no credit history in the country. I'm thinking of bringing a letter from my current US landlord to help with the reference checks, as well as a statement from my US bank showing I have the funds available.

Would it be an issue that I do not yet have employment in the UK, or would it perhaps help to show paycheques from my US employer attesting to my income?

Any other advice or any other documents that I should bring with me when I meet with letting agents? I'd really prefer to be able to do it all in one trip if at all possible (hopefully not being too optimistic on this one!)

Thanks for the help and advice!

Sponsored Links