Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Tier 4 Student Visa  (Read 368 times)

• Liked: 0
UK Tier 4 Student Visa
« on: August 19, 2017, 01:08:13 AM »
I will be going to LSE in the Fall and I am in the process of getting my UK Tier 4 Student Visa.

I had a couple of questions however.

1. I have an appointment with the USCIS in a few days. The UK Visa website was vague on what I needed to bring but I only need my passport, appointment paper, and the application it's self correct?

2. Also just to to clarify as a "low risk national" I didn't need to support proof of like bank statements or financial support correct?

3. How long does it usually take to turnaround the visa from the UK?

• Liked: 3595
UK Tier 4 Student Visa
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 03:06:12 AM »
1. Yes, just your passport and biometrics appointment letter. I don't think you even need the application, but there's no harm in taking it as well.

2. Yes, that's correct - although you do need to be able to provide the evidence if they ask for it (I.e. you can't just say you meet the requirement - you need to prove it if requested)

3. Not sure - we haven't had many people applying for student visas this summer, and most usually people apply in June or July.... late-August is quite late for applying. It depends how busy they are and whether you pay for priority processing or not. Back in May, most applications were processed within 3 weeks, but we don't have any updated published stats yet. As it's 19th August already I would recommend paying the $250 for priority processing as we have seen some student visas take up to 2 months to be processed in the past and I assume you have to be in the UK to start the course in September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:11:46 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 253
Re: UK Tier 4 Student Visa
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:03:39 PM »
I will be going to LSE in the Fall and I am in the process of getting my UK Tier 4 Student Visa.

I had a couple of questions however.

1. I have an appointment with the USCIS in a few days. The UK Visa website was vague on what I needed to bring but I only need my passport, appointment paper, and the application it's self correct?

You really just need the passport and appointment paper. I usually bring the app just in case cause I'm paranoid.

2. Also just to to clarify as a "low risk national" I didn't need to support proof of like bank statements or financial support correct?

Yes. When I applied, my uni suggested that I bring those through the UK border just in case they were asked for. So keep them handy in case someone asks.

3. How long does it usually take to turnaround the visa from the UK?

Assuming you are a US citizen, it will be processed through the NY Office, which is much faster than the one in Sheffield. The UKVI website says that (in May 2017) 90% of student visas were processed in 10 working days. However, it's now August so that time frame has probably changed.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/points-based-system-visas/pbs-tier-4

Two years ago, I think the complete turn around for mine (from shipping it off to getting it back) was a month-month and a half range.

I would pay for priority processing if you can because it will make everything simpler.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 02:28:24 AM »
You really just need the passport and appointment paper. I usually bring the app just in case cause I'm paranoid.

Yes. When I applied, my uni suggested that I bring those through the UK border just in case they were asked for. So keep them handy in case someone asks.

Assuming you are a US citizen, it will be processed through the NY Office, which is much faster than the one in Sheffield. The UKVI website says that (in May 2017) 90% of student visas were processed in 10 working days. However, it's now August so that time frame has probably changed.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/points-based-system-visas/pbs-tier-4 [nofollow]

Two years ago, I think the complete turn around for mine (from shipping it off to getting it back) was a month-month and a half range.

I would pay for priority processing if you can because it will make everything simpler.

I shipped my priority one off today-how long do you think the turnaround time will be in working days?

I read somewhere  usually 5 but it would take longer since it's a peak time. I need it before the 15th however.

• Liked: 253
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 05:30:52 PM »
I shipped my priority one off today-how long do you think the turnaround time will be in working days?

I read somewhere  usually 5 but it would take longer since it's a peak time. I need it before the 15th however.

Honestly, UKVI only has May's figures up. I would be cautious because I can't give you a definitive timeline. In May, they had 10 working days. If that figure is still accurate, you should be able to get your visa before the 15th. But again, I can't really tell you what will happen.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 51
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 07:10:32 AM »
The last time I did a student visa application (2015, but same went for when I did my first in 2012), I was massively delayed in applying because both universities were shite at getting me my CAS number in a timely fashion - definitely something that caused major stress.

I do feel like I payed the extra for priority, and both times I had to reschedule flights to go over because the NY office just took a little too long. But I never missed my first day at uni, if that makes you feel better- and I was definitely applying in August for a Late-September/October-1st start date.
Married: 06/2017
Online App (priority): Aug 7
Biometrics: Aug 9
Docs sent to Sheffield: Aug 9
Confirmation from Sheffield: Aug 12
Email saying decision made: Sep 21!
Documents returned: /
Result?!: /

Sponsored Links