Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Barclays doesnt want to provide bank statements for visa!!  (Read 4931 times)

• Liked: 14
Barclays doesnt want to provide bank statements for visa!!
« on: August 19, 2017, 12:39:32 PM »
Guys my husband has cash savings in his Barclays account in London and we are going to apply this Monday so he just went to get his 6 months bank statements but Barclays doesnt want to provide it and their customer service is horrible. What should I do? We need orginal bank statements for six months to prove our cash savings, ryt?

• Liked: 3589
Re: Barclays doesnt want to provide bank statements for visa!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »
What should I do? We need orginal bank statements for six months to prove our cash savings, ryt?

Yes, you need the full 6 months of statements.

You have a couple of options for providing the statements:

- 6 months of original statements sent to him in the mail
- 6 months of statements printed at home from online banking, which are either stamped/signed by the bank on EVERY page, or accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity.

Can he try another branch of Barclays? Some people have found that if one branch won't stamp statements, another branch will.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »
Doesnt the bank provide original statements as they have to be recent (27 days before applying ryt?)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
Really?  I called customer service Thursday night and they are mailing me six months of statements with stamps and signatures (even though I don't need that) as that's what they provide for visas.  I'd call again.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 01:04:06 PM »
No way! My husband went to barclays twice just today and they are telling him no due to 'technical issues' ?!?

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 01:05:20 PM »
Doesnt the bank provide original statements as they have to be recent (27 days before applying ryt?)

Or, they can do that, and print them for you in the branch.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 02:03:07 PM »
Its an international dollar account opened in the UK so they are saying that they cant give bank statements until the end of the month and we need to apply on Monday. Idk it seems weird cuz its his bank account and he has a right to get his statements whenever he needs it, no?

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 02:08:56 PM »
Its an international dollar account opened in the UK so they are saying that they cant give bank statements until the end of the month and we need to apply on Monday. Idk it seems weird cuz its his bank account and he has a right to get his statements whenever he needs it, no?

I thought your savings didn't meet the requirement yet, though?

The current Oanda exchange rate today shows that $80,600 is £62,202, which means you are still £298 short, so unless the exchange rate changes on Monday (which you won't know until Monday), surely you don't qualify for the visa yet?

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »

Is it classed as one of their Foreign Currency Accounts?

If so, it says on their website, that you can request daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly statements:

Statement frequency, certificate of interest and financial history reports

Statements for your currency account are sent on twice a year from the date you opened your account. Statements are also available on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Fees apply, please see our Foreign Currency Account rates and charges 360 KB1.
(http://www.barclays.co.uk/current-accounts/international-bank-account/)

So, I would try another branch and see what they can do. If it's technical issues though, and they are affecting all branches, it might be that you won't be able to get the statements yet.

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »
I thought your savings didn't meet the requirement yet, though?

The current Oanda exchange rate today shows that $80,600 is £62,202, which means you are still £298 short, so unless the exchange rate changes on Monday (which you won't know until Monday), surely you don't qualify for the visa yet?

I have $80650 and I just checked oanda it says £62,619 which is more than enough. Ive been tracking the currency rate on Oanda daily.
This is the url: https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Unless im wrong somehow cuz ur telling me a different rate to what i just saw on the oanda website?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:55:44 PM by Sparklywater »

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »
Is it classed as one of their Foreign Currency Accounts?

If so, it says on their website, that you can request daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly statements:
(http://www.barclays.co.uk/current-accounts/international-bank-account/)

So, I would try another branch and see what they can do. If it's technical issues though, and they are affecting all branches, it might be that you won't be able to get the statements yet.

Yes I saw that but my husband went to them and said that if we request daily or weekly statements now, it only starts from now on, so we dont get our past statements. They said they can only give us six months statements in the end of the month. Idk cuz like you said, their website says we can get it but they said no. They said call back on monday though.

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 05:23:41 PM »
I have $80650 and I just checked oanda it says £62,619 which is more than enough. Ive been tracking the currency rate on Oanda daily.
This is the url: https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Unless im wrong somehow cuz ur telling me a different rate to what i just saw on the oanda website?

Ah, sorry - when I went on the Oanda website earlier, I didn't notice the date on the exchange rate... the other day I had been looking back at previous rates over the last few months, and it was still showing a date back in April!

So, for today, August 19th 2017, you're correct - doing it right now I get £62,616.40.

I think they use the closing stock market rate at the end of the day you apply - when you submit the online application, I would also take a screenshot of the closing Oanda exchange rate to show that your money is over the threshold :).

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »
Ah, sorry - when I went on the Oanda website earlier, I didn't notice the date on the exchange rate... the other day I had been looking back at previous rates over the last few months, and it was still showing a date back in April!

So, for today, August 19th 2017, you're correct - doing it right now I get £62,616.40.

I think they use the closing stock market rate at the end of the day you apply - when you submit the online application, I would also take a screenshot of the closing Oanda exchange rate to show that your money is over the threshold :).

Jesus for a moment there, I got so stressed that my money wasnt enough lol! So you suggest I print out a screenshot of the currency rate on the day of my application and hand it in with the application documents?

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 06:12:13 PM »
So you suggest I print out a screenshot of the currency rate on the day of my application and hand it in with the application documents?

I don't know that you have to, but since you're so close to the threshold of £62,500, it might be worth it, just to emphasise that you definitely met the requirement on the date you submitted the online application.

• Liked: 26
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 06:16:52 PM »
We found customer service to vary branch to branch.  One wasn't very helpful so my husband tried another and managed to get someone to print off the previous 6 months (his type of account only sends paper statements once a year) which were stamped and dated - but we requested on a Friday and had to go back in on Monday to collect them with a letter from the branch.  They don't always seem to have the capability (or desire) to get things done as quickly as we might expect and we didn't have the patience to wait for them by mail.  (my husbands account is a type of savings that only sends statements annually at year end, so that was not an option).

Be persistent and try a different branch, I'm sure you'll find someone that can help! Or print out statements from past 6 months at home and take them in to the branch to be stamped/dated and request a letter confirming authenticity. If they are having 'technical issues' and cannot print them for you they can at least verify and stamp them.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab