Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Barclays doesnt want to provide bank statements for visa!!  (Read 5018 times)

• Liked: 14
Re: Barclays doesnt want to provide bank statements for visa!!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 06:39:29 PM »
I don't know that you have to, but since you're so close to the threshold of £62,500, it might be worth it, just to emphasise that you definitely met the requirement on the date you submitted the online application.

So the screenshot of the currency convertor at the end of the day right? Where do you check the closing spot rate on Oanda?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »

So the screenshot of the currency convertor at the end of the day right? Where do you check the closing spot rate on Oanda?

I'm not quite sure - I was trying to figure it out the other day and I didn't find anything.

However, looking again, I've found this on their website:

How Often Are OANDA Rates Updated?
The period of time over which the average bid/ask currency price is taken depends on the data available for the particular currency. When possible, we take the average of prices over the last 24 hours and use these averages to update the rate every day at 22:00 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

Prices for the currencies of some emerging market countries may be published once per day or even less, resulting in only a few price points each week for these currencies.
(https://www.oanda.com/currency/help/how-to-read-currency-conversion-results)

Note: 22:00 UTC is currently 23:00 local UK time (due to British Summer Time)

The official guidance from UKVI states:

(f) Income or cash savings in a foreign currency will be converted to pounds sterling using the closing spot exchange rate which appears on www.oanda.com* on the date of application.
(Note: there's no reference to what the * means!)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »
Guys my husband has cash savings in his Barclays account in London and we are going to apply this Monday so he just went to get his 6 months bank statements but Barclays doesnt want to provide it and their customer service is horrible. What should I do? We need orginal bank statements for six months to prove our cash savings, ryt?

My husband had absolutely no issues with his Barclays branch. They printed his statements and then a partial list of transactions up to the day he went in there (since it would've been another week for a statement) and stamped every page. I would try a different branch!

Sponsored Links